Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 59

Thread: Bloomberg Says Interpretation of Constitution Will ‘Have to Change’ After Boston

  1. -31
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    12,467
    vCash:
    8126
    Loc:
    Aviano, Italy
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Registration solves a lot of issues. Weapons can be traced to owners in criminal cases. It also gives police an ability to remove unregistered weapons from the streets and fine and/or incarcerate those in possession of unregistered weapons. Each base I have been to has required weapons registration. A 30 minute process that didn't infringe upon my rights. And working in law enfocement, that registration gave me an idea of what I may expect rolling into a trouble call.

    Now, tell me how exactly the law abiding citizens rights are infringed upon by registering a weapon because mine weren't. Maybe if you stop focusing on eliminating deaths and think about in terms of reducing the threat you may realize its not unreasonable.
    Last edited by MadDog 88; 04-23-2013 at 02:40 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -32
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    12,467
    vCash:
    8126
    Loc:
    Aviano, Italy
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BassFin View Post
    Background checks already exist.

    As for registration, how exactly is that going to stop any mentally unstable person from killing anyone?

    Would any of the legislation being talked up in regards to gun control have stopped the Sandy Hook shootings from happening?

    There are MILLIONS of law abiding, gun owning Americans. Why should their rights be "adjusted" when it's a miniscule fraction of the population that use firearms to commit heinous acts like the one in Connecticut?

    Bottom line is, history has shown us, after registration comes confiscation.

    I believe in American rights. I wish people would stop taking them for granted.
    How exactly has registration caused confiscation over the course of history?
    Quote Quote  

  3. -33
    Buddy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    2,657
    vCash:
    6416
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Re: Bloomberg Says Interpretation of Constitution Will ‘Have to Change’ After Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by BassFin View Post
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Benjamin Franklin
    This - Bam!

    ---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    An argument for term limits across the board
    Holy crap, I fully agree with you on something. Are you jacked up today our am I or is the world ending?
    Quote Quote  

  4. -34
    BassFin's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2003
    Posts:
    675
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Re: Bloomberg Says Interpretation of Constitution Will ‘Have to Change’ After Boston

    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    How exactly has registration caused confiscation over the course of history?
    We can start here in the United States. Guns registered by law abiding gun owners were confiscated after Katrina.

    But also in Great Britain, Canada, Australia, Germany, Cuba.

    I agree it sounds good in principle. It just never ends well.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -35
    NY8123's Avatar
    Sophisticated Redneck

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    11,005
    vCash:
    4293
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    See what a lot of Americans and people looking to change the culture of America don't understand is, I can choose not to follow the law, period. You can try to strip away my freedoms by instilling this value of fear into the culture of America but fear isn't one of my core values. In fact I don't really fear aynthing execpt losing my freedom so I will fight for it, much the same way I would fight for the life of my loved ones and myself if threatened regardless of the law.

    So to the people forien and domestic trying to push this feared state of panic on America, go **** yourselves, I don't fear you or what your bring. Be ready to get the bull by the horns if you choose to attack my well being or my freedoms becasue at that point I wouldn't give a **** what the letter of the law said old or new, I'll do what I need to do to take care of the myself and the people around me.
    Hold My Beer and Watch This!
    Quote Quote  

  6. -36
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    12,467
    vCash:
    8126
    Loc:
    Aviano, Italy
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BassFin View Post
    We can start here in the United States. Guns registered by law abiding gun owners were confiscated after Katrina.

    But also in Great Britain, Canada, Australia, Germany, Cuba.

    I agree it sounds good in principle. It just never ends well.
    Katrina was a disaster and an idiotic mayer that declared martial law illegally on top of a notoriously corrupt police department was the major issue there. I honestly recall reading nothing about registered guns being confiscated. Were they eventually returned to their owners because if not, that is a pretty good argument for a lawsuit.

    Foreign countries have no role in this topic.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -37
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    12,467
    vCash:
    8126
    Loc:
    Aviano, Italy
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    See what a lot of Americans and people looking to change the culture of America don't understand is, I can choose not to follow the law, period. You can try to strip away my freedoms by instilling this value of fear into the culture of America but fear isn't one of my core values. In fact I don't really fear aynthing execpt losing my freedom so I will fight for it, much the same way I would fight for the life of my loved ones and myself if threatened regardless of the law.

    So to the people forien and domestic trying to push this feared state of panic on America, go **** yourselves, I don't fear you or what your bring. Be ready to get the bull by the horns if you choose to attack my well being or my freedoms becasuel at that point I wouldn't give a **** what the letter of the law said old or new, I'll do what I need to do to take care of the myself and the people around me.
    How exactly is anyone trying to instill fear into you and what rights are they stripping away. The fear you speak of sounds self generated. Attempting to try and improve the safety of a nation is far more important then someones paranoia.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -38
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    12,467
    vCash:
    8126
    Loc:
    Aviano, Italy
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Some of you guys cause me to be concerned with the images of paranoia and fear you express. I don't mean that in a bad way at all but it's as if you are prepared to declare war on an unseen enemy.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -39
    flynryan15's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    11,839
    vCash:
    5184
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Katrina was a disaster and an idiotic mayer that declared martial law illegally on top of a notoriously corrupt police department was the major issue there. I honestly recall reading nothing about registered guns being confiscated. Were they eventually returned to their owners because if not, that is a pretty good argument for a lawsuit.

    Foreign countries have no role in this topic.

    http://http://usatoday30.usatoday.co...-katrina_N.htm


    The police claim the guns were seized because they were found in abandon homes or stolen. I am sure the truth is somewhere in between.


    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

    Quote Quote  

  10. -40
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    12,467
    vCash:
    8126
    Loc:
    Aviano, Italy
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    http://http://usatoday30.usatoday.co...-katrina_N.htm


    The police claim the guns were seized because they were found in abandon homes or stolen. I am sure the truth is somewhere in between.
    I'm sure you're right. NOPD is probably the most corrupt PD in the nation. I sympathize with the residents who have to deal with them.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Cool Lyric Interpretation Site
    By spydertl79 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-12-2005, 12:21 AM
  2. An interpretation of Saban's statement
    By Omaha_Dolfan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-08-2005, 04:34 PM
  3. We WILL be switching to a 3-4.[interpretation/opinion (or fact:))]
    By inFINSible in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 03-08-2005, 04:24 PM
  4. Question concerning Biblical interpretation.
    By PhinPhan1227 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 431
    Last Post: 01-08-2005, 06:30 AM
  5. Would the Boston additon change our Draft ?
    By Pink_Dove in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-12-2004, 12:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •