Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Instead or pulling the trigger on the Albert trade now, we should keep them waiting

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Instead or pulling the trigger on the Albert trade now, we should keep them waiting

We should try to keep them waiting to see if we can take that second, and move up into the top 4, and get one of the top 3 LT's in this draft.
    We would save a lot of money, and probably get a better tackle in the long run.

If we can't we can then proceed with the trade like nothing ever happend. LOL
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well I know with the picks the fins have they could move up for one of the three but, I also believe that Ireland sees this season as a make or break for him . Don't get me wrong , I love the offseason that we've had and the moves that has been made thus far. I just think that Ireland sees it if we can get a proven veteran right now and not lose 2 or possibly 3 picks to take care of the O.T. Position, he going to do it. This year is for his job. Not 2014 or 2015. He won't be around then if this isn't a sucessful year. I believe we will make the trade and still have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds to fill four more positions of need. And if hes taking the all in approach, I can't blame him: if it was my job on the line, I would do the same. Make or break year for Ireland.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    I am a golden god

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I highly highly doubt this trade gets done before the draft.
    What if by some miracle one of the top 3 LTs drops to us?
    Brady Quinn wasnt supposed to fall the way he did(and now we know why)
    Aaron Rodgers sure as **** wasnt supposed to take a Marino-esque slide down the draft board, but he did anyway.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It may not happen before the draft but I do believe a deal will be in place in the event that none of the top 3 O.T. Drop to 12. I don't think we will trade up for one and personally I believe we stay put at twelve and see who's there. If we are on the clock and none of the three are their, we make our selection or see what offers are their for a trade back and then make our deal with Kansas city. Possibly still having two 2nds if we trade back in return for a 2nd. That washes the trade compensation for Albert while just dropping back a few spots. If we trade back into the late teens or early 20's we still get a great 1st round talent. Pickup a 2nd to use for Albert and still have our two 2nds . Win win for the fins. I agree the trade may go down after we are on the clock.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Finfan13154 View Post
    It may not happen before the draft but I do believe a deal will be in place in the event that none of the top 3 O.T. Drop to 12. I don't think we will trade up for one and personally I believe we stay put at twelve and see who's there. If we are on the clock and none of the three are their, we make our selection or see what offers are their for a trade back and then make our deal with Kansas city. Possibly still having two 2nds if we trade back in return for a 2nd. That washes the trade compensation for Albert while just dropping back a few spots. If we trade back into the late teens or early 20's we still get a great 1st round talent. Pickup a 2nd to use for Albert and still have our two 2nds . Win win for the fins. I agree the trade may go down after we are on the clock.
    I like this scenario as well.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zildjianz View Post
    We should try to keep them waiting to see if we can take that second, and move up into the top 4, and get one of the top 3 LT's in this draft.
    We would save a lot of money, and probably get a better tackle in the long run.

If we can't we can then proceed with the trade like nothing ever happend. LOL

Not PROBABLY get a better, 100% chance we get a better tackle.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Finfan13154 View Post
    Right, but it isn't just the top 3 tackles, if we can get Armstead at 42 we would do that before trading for Albert. Albert is the fall back plan, if either of the tackles falls to a place where we can move up to grab one for a reasonable price we do that, if not we will be looking at Armstead (my favorite actually) and if he can't be obtained. Then, and ONLY then, will we start seeing if KC wants to trade Albert for a 3rd. That is the way I see it.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starting to hear voices

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am just not thrilled at the whole Albert thing.
    JMB
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we wait for the draft we are friggin stupid. That's just asking for us to lose the leverage as once all 3 LTs are gone and we are left with NO OTHER OPTIONS, KC can then say ok, losers, the 42nd or be stuck with Jonathan Colombo Martin at LT this year. And we'd have no choice but to send them the 42nd. You send them the 54th ASAP. Avoid more idiotisy.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Ireland is waiting to see what KC does with the first pick. If KC as predicted goes with OT, than Ireland can offer a 3rd knowing they are not going to pay Alberts 9.8 mill to play RT. If KC goes another direction with the pick then Ireland will trade up and take one of the three. What we don't want is for KC to trade the pick to another team and that team picks a LT. KC keeps Alberts and we have to scramble to find a LT.
    Quote Quote