Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Instead or pulling the trigger on the Albert trade now, we should keep them waiting

  1. -11
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    778
    vCash:
    2550
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    If we wait for the draft we are friggin stupid. That's just asking for us to lose the leverage as once all 3 LTs are gone and we are left with NO OTHER OPTIONS, KC can then say ok, losers, the 42nd or be stuck with Jonathan Colombo Martin at LT this year. And we'd have no choice but to send them the 42nd. You send them the 54th ASAP. Avoid more idiotisy.
    Actually, we'd be stupid for doing the trade before the 55th pick. Call it A.J. Feeley Karma. Call it masterful use of leverage. Call it proving a point.

    A lot of people seem to think we have to trade for Albert to help our draft success. That we are leveraged into trading for him now. Whenever you think your hand is leveraged in a deal, turn around and realize the best option is to walk away.

    For those who think we HAVE to trade for Albert NOW, imagine this.... "With the 1st pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select TACKLE <insert name here>". The world is ending, right? No. The grass on our side just got a LOT greener.

    At that point, I sit back and use all of my 1st and 2nd round picks to draft the players I want, BPA. Then, after I've made my 54th selection, I call up Kansas City and say "I will give you the 2nd round pick in next year's draft for Albert".

    What is KC going to do? KEEP Albert AND their new Left Tackle? Think of the implications.

    You just sent a clear message to the entire NFL. And even if you don't get Albert, you have 11 picks, Eric Winston, McKinney or other FAs to plug the hole.

    We OWN ALL the leverage here guys. ALL of the leverage.

    Let Andy Reid chew on crow for a while. In fact, we've already so much as told Albert the money is ok with us. That is a blatant tactic to put all of the pressure on Reid. How many other teams have show as much interest or done as much work on this deal? No one.

    We hold the cards. If I trade, it's next year's 2nd and a used A.J. Feeley game day jersey or I'd walk away.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    cdz12250's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    979
    vCash:
    1353
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Instead or pulling the trigger on the Albert trade now, we should keep them wai

    We know what Albert is. He's a mediocre to good left tackle with back problems. Has trouble with speed rushers. In other words, no upside. I'd rather we keep the draft pick and draft someone with some upside for a lot less money. It isn't like we can't start Martin.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    Slim's Avatar
    VIPeezy

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    2,488
    vCash:
    762
    Loc:
    Montreal, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    If we wait for the draft we are friggin stupid. That's just asking for us to lose the leverage as once all 3 LTs are gone and we are left with NO OTHER OPTIONS, KC can then say ok, losers, the 42nd or be stuck with Jonathan Colombo Martin at LT this year. And we'd have no choice but to send them the 42nd. You send them the 54th ASAP. Avoid more idiotisy.
    Disagree wholeheartedly. Wait until KC selects Joeckel and they are the ones with no options. Think they'll really keep Joeckel AND Albert?

    ---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan40353 View Post
    Actually, we'd be stupid for doing the trade before the 55th pick. Call it A.J. Feeley Karma. Call it masterful use of leverage. Call it proving a point.

    A lot of people seem to think we have to trade for Albert to help our draft success. That we are leveraged into trading for him now. Whenever you think your hand is leveraged in a deal, turn around and realize the best option is to walk away.

    For those who think we HAVE to trade for Albert NOW, imagine this.... "With the 1st pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select TACKLE <insert name here>". The world is ending, right? No. The grass on our side just got a LOT greener.

    At that point, I sit back and use all of my 1st and 2nd round picks to draft the players I want, BPA. Then, after I've made my 54th selection, I call up Kansas City and say "I will give you the 2nd round pick in next year's draft for Albert".

    What is KC going to do? KEEP Albert AND their new Left Tackle? Think of the implications.

    You just sent a clear message to the entire NFL. And even if you don't get Albert, you have 11 picks, Eric Winston, McKinney or other FAs to plug the hole.

    We OWN ALL the leverage here guys. ALL of the leverage.

    Let Andy Reid chew on crow for a while. In fact, we've already so much as told Albert the money is ok with us. That is a blatant tactic to put all of the pressure on Reid. How many other teams have show as much interest or done as much work on this deal? No one.

    We hold the cards. If I trade, it's next year's 2nd and a used A.J. Feeley game day jersey or I'd walk away.
    Nailed it!
    Sig courtesy of @dolfan565

    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    dagger151's Avatar
    J-E-T-S $uck - $uck - $uck

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2008
    Posts:
    314
    vCash:
    1511
    Loc:
    Denver, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Im not sure if anyone remembers but last year, Johnathan Martin was regarded as a top 10 Pick early in the predictions and was still a top 25 grab at draft time according to the "experts". He fell to teh 2nd and many thought he was a steal. His first season wasnt up to 1st round standards but lets see what year 2 will bring. My point is, we dont know how their college game will translate into the NFL. Perhaps its our OL coach or maybe the wrong scheme.

    We need to figure out who fits it well and is proven. If they feel its Albert, then lets roll. Giving up a high 2nd for him and paying him a non cap friendly deal is suicide.

    Personally would rather see Miami take a chance on a 2nd rounder OL...although our 2nd round picks are cursed so maybe its better to roll with J Martin and get Winston on the right side.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    5,402
    vCash:
    1138
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan40353 View Post
    Actually, we'd be stupid for doing the trade before the 55th pick. Call it A.J. Feeley Karma. Call it masterful use of leverage. Call it proving a point.

    A lot of people seem to think we have to trade for Albert to help our draft success. That we are leveraged into trading for him now. Whenever you think your hand is leveraged in a deal, turn around and realize the best option is to walk away.

    For those who think we HAVE to trade for Albert NOW, imagine this.... "With the 1st pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select TACKLE <insert name here>". The world is ending, right? No. The grass on our side just got a LOT greener.

    At that point, I sit back and use all of my 1st and 2nd round picks to draft the players I want, BPA. Then, after I've made my 54th selection, I call up Kansas City and say "I will give you the 2nd round pick in next year's draft for Albert".

    What is KC going to do? KEEP Albert AND their new Left Tackle? Think of the implications.

    You just sent a clear message to the entire NFL. And even if you don't get Albert, you have 11 picks, Eric Winston, McKinney or other FAs to plug the hole.

    We OWN ALL the leverage here guys. ALL of the leverage.

    Let Andy Reid chew on crow for a while. In fact, we've already so much as told Albert the money is ok with us. That is a blatant tactic to put all of the pressure on Reid. How many other teams have show as much interest or done as much work on this deal? No one.

    We hold the cards. If I trade, it's next year's 2nd and a used A.J. Feeley game day jersey or I'd walk away.
    Again you miss it. SD is our main problem here. Once Lane Johnson doesn't reach them (and he WON'T) KC now has more demand, SD, who can offer THEIR 45th and that will FORCE our 42nd. You aren't thinking. Smdh.
    Last edited by MrEd; 04-23-2013 at 11:50 AM.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    5,402
    vCash:
    1138
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Disagree wholeheartedly. Wait until KC selects Joeckel and they are the ones with no options. Think they'll really keep Joeckel AND Albert?

    ---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------



    Nailed it!
    You're acting as if there's some skepticism to what KC is using the #1 pick on. Lmao. Are you suggesting KC is offering Albert without the foregone conclusion that they will pick a LT at #1? THE PICK IS ALREADY MADE FOLKS. NO MYSTERY ON KC's PICK.

    This suggestion that KC somehow loses leverage once the pick is official as if it isn't now is ridiculous. BUY NOW WHILE WE'RE THE ONLY DEMAND. Once SD and the other teams see the result of Lane Johnson, demand will RISE and we'll eff ourselves in the opening of the human anatomy which the function is for the expulsion of feces.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    Vaark's Avatar
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    19,773
    vCash:
    11312
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    Again you miss it. SD is our main problem here. Once Lane Johnson doesn't reach them (and he WON'T) KC now has more demand, SD, who can offer THEIR 43rd and that will FORCE our 42nd. You aren't thinking. Smdh.
    It's only a "problem" if you're not willing to walk away from a slightly better than avg LT who wants to be paid like a much better one, who admits to being "selfish," with a troublesome back injury issue, whose own team that knows him best would rather throw in with an untested rookie and has the psychological makings of pulling a "Haynesworth" once he gets his big guaranteed pay day. Me? I'd rather look at the FA alternatives or 2nd round LTs beyond relinquishing higher than a 3rd rounder for Albert.





    DWade "Loyalty Over Royalty"
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    909
    vCash:
    1941
    Loc:
    hoboken, nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think the trade will do down before draft or not at all. Doesn't he have to pass our physical first?
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Ireland needs to pull trigger on a trade for TE
    By TheDon74 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: 08-19-2013, 12:07 PM
  2. Trade 2014 #2 for Albert, trade Bess for a 4th then pick GIO today!
    By dolphinheel in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-26-2013, 12:29 PM
  3. Knicks Pulling The Trigger For Harrington
    By dreday in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-22-2008, 10:24 PM
  4. ~ Pulling The Trigger ~
    By fishfanmiami in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-09-2008, 01:52 AM
  5. Pulling the trigger on Brown, Benson or Williams..
    By DoLpHiNz34 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 10:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •