Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Thomas , his days are numbered..

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

OPINION Daniel Thomas , his days are numbered..

Don't get me wrong. On the rare occasion when healthy, Thomas can show he's a capable back. Personally I like the kid. But like many players with great potential that has a tough time staying healthy, what does any of that mean when your not able to contribute on the field?

I hear alot of fans suggest signing a veteran RB to work along miller for a one two punch. I also hear we don't need any help we will have Jonas gray to help carry the load. IMO I am against signing a aging veteran to a one year deal. I want to see continuity at the position. Gray is a good prospect but we really don't know what we have yet. I think the dolphins should raise their odds and use a early pick on a RB that can help miller be a dual threat. Someone that would compliment him very well. Gray to me , if healthy can be our 3rd down back or goal line guy but I mean someone could could be on the field at the same time as miller and be just as dangerous. To me , that guy is Andre Ellington out of Clemson . He's quick he can catch and he will run up hill. I really believe those two would cost less than what bush cost last year alone and will rattle defenses like you wouldn't believe . Watch some tape on the guy, he's no joke and if we can get him late in the 2nd or early in the 3rd, that would be a great addition to the backfield.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Daniel Thomas , his days are numbered..

Well Joe was a little queasy about him for missing lifts. Who knows how Mr. Thomas' punctuality has been since then.
    The way Jeff Ireland took a GM's dream worth of cap space and draft picks and made the team worse in borderline miraculous.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1 miller
    2, draft or sign power back ( christine michael or spencer ware)
    3 winner of thomas/gray battle
    4 thigpin, will make a nice third down back if he can improve his blocking, I wouldn't mind bringing in McCaleb from Auburn to compete with thigpin. McCaleb is not much of a pass protector at 180 pounds, but flies at 4.28 speed and is a good returner.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Gray is any good...Thomas is gone. Probably trade him for a 6th.
    "May the acorns rest in peace..."
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Le'veon Bell would be nice.
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like Bell's quick feet for a big back, but the more I watched him the more I felt he didn't run with the power you would expect from a 245 pound back. I would love to trade a pick for LaGarrette Blount, if he wasn't such a head case.

At times Spencer Ware reminds me of a poor mans/slower version of Ricky Williams.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The big knock on LeVeon Bell is he doesn't use his size and runs too soft for a big back.

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

I never liked the Daniel Thomas pick after reading scouting reports on him that said "runs with too much finesse for a big back and doesn't have speed. Is only a north south guy who can't string any moves together".
    Please God, let me see 1 Dolphins Superbowl victory before I die.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tragic.
    A wise man once told me: "Sometimes when you close your eyes, you can't see."

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree with ya. It's most unfortunate, because Thomas was a fairly productive back. But it just seemed that as soon as he became an asset he would fumble the ball. Then he'd come back in and play for a while, then get injured and be out for a while and he couldn't regain his playing time. The concussion thing is most worrisome because he is a power back. That means his productivity fundamentally relies on him slamming his helmet into defenders play after play. If he were a WR, OL or QB it wouldn't be such a problem because they can avoid many hits and minimize the impact more often.
    "I want guys who want to make an impact on and off the field. Good human beings. Guys who want to get better. Guys who want to improve. They want to be great, want to win. Those types of guys we can work with every day." --Joe Philbin
    - Defending the Read Option - What do you think?
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i been hearing Cierre Wood name on twitter of late the dolphins are interested in as a late round RB in the draft
    perhaps some draft guru guys can add any info on that ?
    Quote Quote