Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dolphins enchanted with Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert

1. -1
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

Dolphins enchanted with Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert

12. MIAMI DOLPHINS: TYLER EIFERT, TE, NOTRE DAME —So many hedges and caveats trying to divine this pick. Florida State CB Xavier Rhodes might be the safest, most predictable call. And Alabama RT D.J. Fluker also looms possible. I might go Rhodes or Fluker if I wanted the safest bet. A trade-up to grab LT Lane Johnson or even Eric Fisher is possible; Miami has the ammo to go movin’ on up like The Jeffersons. Even a trade-down would not shock. (Much depends on whether the Dolphins complete a predraft deal to acquire chiefs OT Branden Albert.) I have a hunch about Eifert, though. Twelve is higher than his typical projection, but I am told GM Jeff Ireland and coach Joe Philbin are enchanted by Eifert, seeing in him what the Patriots have in Rob Gronkowski — somebody who can wreak havoc in the red zone and continue giving Ryan Tannehill all he needs to make it big. Eifert is too tall (6-6) for DBs to cover and too fast for most linebackers. If this choice is a bit of a “reach,” it’s a calculated gamble that could hit big for the Dolphins.
    SUPER BONUS DRAFT FACT: Commissioner Roger Goodell will personally announce and greet all 32 first-round selections Thursday night. The NFL hopes it goes better than last year, when 11 of the top picks stumbled on the steps, sustained concussions and filed a class-action lawsuit against the league.
    Follow me at www.twitter.com/robi2184, always updating Dolfans with the latest Miami Dolphins news.

Zach Thomas: I played against New England twice a year every year my whole career. I learned to not like that team. I wasn't going to join them.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Last year I was positive RT was going to be the Phins pick at 8 and friends argued otherwise. This year I'm saying the same thing about Eiffert. Hope we sign Albert for 7-7.5 mil range as well. Albert, Incognito, Pouncey, Jerry/Louis/Garner and Martin would be a solid OL to protect RT long enough to do serious damage with his new weapons, not to mention open up lanes for Miller. Going to be an exciting season! Only thing that would put the icing on the cake would be for Brady to break his arm in preseason and get an infection in it while wrestling Gronk on the dance floor with their shirts off.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I really hope Eifert is the pick
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Playstation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    So many options this year and I am torn on which one I want the most.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have been on record for quite sometime on my choice of Eifert. And nothing has happened to change that.

Eifert at 12. I was told last year Tannehill wasn't a reach, if he was the man you wanted. Well, if Eifert is the man, no way its a reach. Especially if he projects out like he is capable of.

I want all the best weapons possible for Tannehill. And double TE sets wreck confusion and havoc on LBs and Safety's. NE's lb's are their weakness IMO. Get them moving in space, and you open up the gaps between the tackles.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Commissioner Roger Goodell will personally announce and greet all 32 first-round selections Thursday night. The NFL hopes it goes better than last year, when 11 of the top picks stumbled on the steps, sustained concussions and filed a class-action lawsuit against the league.
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    its all right, Im a rice dick apparently.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    does anyone put any stock into Eifert not attending the draft and the Dolphins wanting to show off there new jersey
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I think the pick's either gonna be Cooper or Eifert. Considering those 2 scenarios I'd much prefer Eifert.

Sign: Daryn Colledge
    Draft: 1. LB Ryan Shazier 2. OL Joel Bitonio 3. WR Donte Moncrief 4. OL Brandon Thomas 5. OT Laurent Duvernay Tardif 6. RB Bo Oliver 7. TBD

LT Albert LG Smith C Pouncey RG Colledge RT Bitonio
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Lost in the fog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fanfin View Post
    does anyone put any stock into Eifert not attending the draft and the Dolphins wanting to show off there new jersey
    Don't think that would factor into their decision AT ALL if Eifert is the guy they want.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Playstation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    I agree if he is the guy they will pick him even with him not there.
    Quote Quote