Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Josh Norris 7 round Mock 1-254

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Draft Josh Norris 7 round Mock 1-254

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap10...-pick-1-to-254

For those to lazy I'll post the Dolphins draft as well as the AFC east

Dolphins

12. Jonathan Cooper G UNC
    42. DJ Hayden CB Houston
    54. Damontre Moore DE Texas A&M
    77. Ryan Swope WR Texas A&M
    82. Reid Fragel OT Ohio State
    111. Malliciah Goodman DE Clemson
    146 Montari Hughes DT Tennessee-Martin
    166 Dennis Johnson RB Arkansas
    217 Jonathan Stewart LB Texas A&M
    224 Earl Watford G James Madison
    250 Vince Williams LB FSU

Bills
    8 Ryan Nassib QB Syracuse
    41 Kevin Minter LB LSU
    71 David Bakhtiari T Colorado
    105 Ace Sanders WR South Carolina
    143 Daxton Swanson CB Sam Houston State
    177 Stansly Maponga DE TCU

Jets
    9 Barkevious Mingo DE LSU
    13 Tavon Austin WR West Virginia
    39 EJ Manuel QB FSU
    72 Gavin Escobar TE San Diego State
    106 Montee Ball RB Wisconsin
    141 Brandon McGee CB Miami
    178 Corey Fuller WR Virginia Tech
    215 Marquess Wilson WR Washington State

Patriots
    29 Bjoern Werner DE FSU
    59 Quinton Patton WR Lousiana Tech
    91 Leon McFadden CB San Diego State
    226 Ryan Griffin QB Tulane
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Slot on eifert over Cooper and I would love this draft. Nice to see someone do a mock who understands our team, the needs, and the type of players the staff likes.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree Eiffert at 12 over Cooper. Not sure if Hayden (rising up boards quickly) will be there at 2a but would love it.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    that was my only complaint really... switch Eifert for Cooper and thats a damn good draft.... Jets actually had a good draft in this mock.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yes Jets look to have an awesome draft in your mock, hopefully your wrong, lol.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    -WOW, I guess I see this draft as something totally different. I see that as a horrible draft. First off OG is probably one of our strongest, deepest positions on the team. Cog, a lock at LG, and Jerry who started last year competing with the Bears best lineman from a year ago, Louis, with Samudu also in the picture. Deep, not overpriced, and although it could be upgraded it would be the LAST place I would start to improve our opening day roster.

-Our biggest glaring need, and NUMBER ONE THING, that has to be addressed with a opening day starter, he didn't even touch until 3b?? Zero chance we wait til 3b to address OT

-DJ Hayden I LOVE, and wouldn't mind this pick, but I don't think he is the perfect fit. There are two zone CBs in this draft that excell at zone and CAN play man. But are aggressive and both are turnover machines, which is what we are looking for. I will be shocked if either Poyer or Alford is not on this team by Saturday.

-And he doesn't draft us a TE AT ALL ?? And everyone is saying this is a great mock?? I'm sorry but if this is our draft board Saturday night I am on here asking for Irelands head. JMO, blast me if you please, but I for one would not be happy with that draft.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xXwarXx View Post
    Slot on eifert over Cooper and I would love this draft. Nice to see someone do a mock who understands our team, the needs, and the type of players the staff likes.
    First of all, we have NO NEED for a DT. I see so much of this that I sometimes wonder about DOLFANS' short-term memory. Here's why: (1) I like RANDALL, and I'd move ODRICK to DT, where he belongs, a/s/a/p. I'd be willing to wager that our inside pass rush would get better. As to STARKS and SOLIAI both being F/As next season, SO WHAT? Does that mean that the sky is falling? Didn't SOLIAI re-sign w/us once already, at a fair price? And why shouldn't STARKS do likewise? Give both the money they deserve, and I'd bet that they'd re-sign w/MIAMI on a 3 or 4 year deal in that proverbial "New York Minute". The sky, i/m/o, is NOT falling, fellow DOLFANS!

Secondly, there are a couple of F/A Ts out there who are solid, and would LOVE to be playing in MIAMI. We should've signed one of them up already (you all know who I mean). As far as I'm concerned, ALBERTS and his $9+ Million price tag, and his attitude (he'll play LT only), and his cost in Draft Picks, and his health, and his actual talent level (nothing very special i/m/o), can stay w/KC or alternatively, go to Hell and stay there. We get a good amount of "cap" $$$ after June 1st. I'd forget ALBERTS, save all that $$$ and the 2nd Round Pick, and sign that certain F/A T a/s/a/p after June 1st---like June 2nd.

Thirdly, I'd look to move up in the 1st Round, but NOT for a T. We're in the AFC East. That means N.E. and TOMMY BOY are "Job One".
    Unless we can beat N.E., we're NOTHING but an AFTERTHOUGHT. The GIANTS (twice, and in the SB no less!!!) and BALTIMORE showed everyone how to beat N.E. and TOMMY BOY. It's NOT by getting great CBs, and it's not by winning a "shootout": it's by relentlessly and mercilessly rushing BRADY. BRADY's a great QB, but he doesn't throw nearly as well while running for his life, and he can't throw at all while lying on his back. It's that simple! As to how far MIAMI would have to move up, I'd say at least to the #7 pick, so as to bypass BUFFALO and the JETS. #6 might be preferable. And when I got there, I'd pick MINGO. That young man seems to be a rare breed, and an EXCELLENT pass rusher. Just what we need, and I'm sure that WAKE would be very appreciative.

Fourthly, I'd like to see MIAMI grab SWOPE. It's just a hunch...a gut feeling, really.

Fifthly, I'd use all remaining picks on "flyers", at DE, CB and OLman...except for the pick that I'd use to draft CARPENTER's replacement.

Lastly, once we start making some cuts, we should end up w/quite A LOT of "cap" $$$. I'd watch the late and final cuts, to see if I could find that proverbial "aging veteran" who still has some gas left in his tank, and still wants to play football. Then I'd use some of those "cap" $$$ to get one or two of them. In the past, MIAMI couldn't do that, and would end up w/a COLUMBO. Well, I say save some "cap" $$$, and buy QUALITY late cuts: NO MORE COLUMBOS.

Simple enough! Just do it, MIAMI.
    Last edited by luduporcu; 04-23-2013 at 02:48 AM.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like the Cooper pick, Hayden won't be there 42nd... The rest I really really dislike. I would be upset about that draft for sure.

No bueno..
    2014 Mock Draft

1. Zack Martin - OT/OG - Notre Dame
    2. Chris Borland - ILB - Wisconsin
    3. C.J. Fiedeorowicz - TE - Iowa
    4. Brandon Thomas - OT/OG - Clemson
    5. Trai Turner - OG - LSU
    6. Storm Johnson - RB - South Florida
    7. Calvin Barnett - DT - Oklahoma State

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by luduporcu View Post
    First of all, we have NO NEED for a DT. I see so much of this that I sometimes wonder about DOLFANS' short-term memory. Here's why: (1) I like RANDALL, and I'd move ODRICK to DT, where he belongs, a/s/a/p. I'd be willing to wager that our inside pass rush would get better. As to STARKS and SOLIAI both being F/As next season, SO WHAT? Does that mean that the sky is falling? Didn't SOLIAI re-sign w/us once already, at a fair price? And why shouldn't STARKS do likewise? Give both the money they deserve, and I'd bet that they'd re-sign w/MIAMI on a 3 or 4 year deal in that proverbial "New York Minute". The sky, i/m/o, is NOT falling, fellow DOLFANS!

Secondly, there are a couple of F/A Ts out there who are solid, and would LOVE to be playing in MIAMI. We should've signed one of them up already (you all know who I mean). As far as I'm concerned, ALBERTS and his $9+ Million price tag, and his attitude (he'll play LT only), and his cost in Draft Picks, and his health, and his actual talent level (nothing very special i/m/o), can stay w/KC or alternatively, go to Hell and stay there. We get a good amount of "cap" $$$ after June 1st. I'd forget ALBERTS, save all that $$$ and the 2nd Round Pick, and sign that certain F/A T a/s/a/p after June 1st---like June 2nd.

Thirdly, I'd look to move up in the 1st Round, but NOT for a T. We're in the AFC East. That means N.E. and TOMMY BOY are "Job One".
    Unless we can beat N.E., we're NOTHING but an AFTERTHOUGHT. The GIANTS (twice, and in the SB no less!!!) and BALTIMORE showed everyone how to beat N.E. and TOMMY BOY. It's NOT by getting great CBs, and it's not by winning a "shootout": it's by relentlessly and mercilessly rushing BRADY. BRADY's a great QB, but he doesn't throw nearly as well while running for his life, and he can't throw at all while lying on his back. It's that simple! As to how far MIAMI would have to move up, I'd say at least to the #7 pick, so as to bypass BUFFALO and the JETS. #6 might be preferable. And when I got there, I'd pick MINGO. That young man seems to be a rare breed, and an EXCELLENT pass rusher. Just what we need, and I'm sure that WAKE would be very appreciative.

Fourthly, I'd like to see MIAMI grab SWOPE. It's just a hunch...a gut feeling, really.

Fifthly, I'd use all remaining picks on "flyers", at DE, CB and OLman...except for the pick that I'd use to draft CARPENTER's replacement.

Lastly, once we start making some cuts, we should end up w/quite A LOT of "cap" $$$. I'd watch the late and final cuts, to see if I could find that proverbial "aging veteran" who still has some gas left in his tank, and still wants to play football. Then I'd use some of those "cap" $$$ to get one or two of them. In the past, MIAMI couldn't do that, and would end up w/a COLUMBO. Well, I say save some "cap" $$$, and buy QUALITY late cuts: NO MORE COLUMBOS.

If you're relying on Randall to start for you then you have MAJOR Dline problems.... You draft players that will take the reigns when your free agents are asking too much money; Bush - Miller, Long - Martin.

So, yes Defensive tackle is a not an immediate need, but it will be next year since either both Soliai and Starks will be gone or maybe just one. Drafting one now will keep us rolling into the next season and not overpaying for a free agent.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by luduporcu View Post

I'd agree with you on re-signing one of Starks and Soliai if we didn't have contracts escalating in 2014 for the FA's we signed this off season. I do agree with you that Randall looks promising, and moreover it appears the Dolphins brass think so too, but we'll need 4 DT's in 2013, so in all likelihood DT will be addressed in this draft. Maybe not with an early pick, but it's one position we need to get younger and cheaper at in 2014 to pay for Wallace, Hartline, and all those other contracts that will be ballooning. For similar reasons we will definitely be drafting an OG at some point, but I doubt early.
    Quote Quote