Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Thread: Albert + Eifert = 1st +2nd Total $11M per year for the next 5 years AVG

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sign me up

31 67.39%
  • Heck No

10 21.74%
  • Other

5 10.87%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Albert + Eifert = 1st +2nd Total $11M per year for the next 5 years AVG

1. -1
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Plus 1 Albert + Eifert = 1st +2nd Total $11M per year for the next 5 years AVG

I would live to see this happen. Albert's Contract I would say 5yrs 40M...and based on last years draft picks the #12 pick will get just under or around 4/5yrs $12/15M
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Are you planning on getting Eifert with our 3rd rd pick?? That is the only way we can afford Albert's 9+ per year and have both under 11 mil.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Orleans/Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    Are you planning on getting Eifert with our 3rd rd pick?? That is the only way we can afford Albert's 9+ per year and have both under 11 mil.
    Not quite.. the 12th pick under the rookie pool CBA rules is about 2.6 million per year.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would be fine with Eifert but I do not want Albert. I believe most here are overrating Albert. I think he is an average tackle who is about to hit a steep decline when his back problems start to worsen. Not worth a 2nd round pick and top 5 LT money.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joenhre View Post
    I would be fine with Eifert but I do not want Albert. I believe most here are overrating Albert. I think he is an average tackle who is about to hit a steep decline when his back problems start to worsen. Not worth a 2nd round pick and top 5 LT money.
    thats it. keep workin that bad back. lol i swear
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foozool13 View Post
    I would live to see this happen. Albert's Contract I would say 5yrs 40M...and based on last years draft picks the #12 pick will get just under or around 4/5yrs $12/15M
    Being that the draft has very good TEs that will be available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, if Miami passes on a pass rusher for Tyler effing Eifert, I'm going to blow a friggin fuse! The one position of need that we will NOT have quality to choose from in the 2nd to 3rd rounds is DE. I better hear Ziggy Ansah or Tabk Carradine or a name like that come Thursday or else. I kept making the point about why keeping Jake Long was a MUST and now ppl crying over spending a pick for Albert. Duh!

Now we want to waste the 12th pick on a damn TE so we can complain about how Corey Lemonier is no better than Olivier Vernon? Smdh.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I suppose that would still be better than paying Long 10M/year with a bad back, bad shoulder and bad arm (not including the knee injury he had in 2009 that he played through)...
    Quote Originally Posted by joenhre View Post
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jax.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Im over Albert. I can't decide though if I want a kick butt DE or Eifert.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    thats it. keep workin that bad back. lol i swear
    Yeah it will be funny when Albert misses several games again this year while we are overpaying the guy to sit on the bench. Even when he does play he's not that good especially in the running game. Better hope Miller can make something out of nothing like Jamaal Charles has been doing in KC with Albert whiffing on blocks or getting knocked on his rear. I am sure you will be laughing along with everone else who wants to sign this guy.

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dolpns13 View Post
    I suppose that would still be better than paying Long 10M/year with a bad back, bad shoulder and bad arm (not including the knee injury he had in 2009 that he played through)...
    How about option C draft an OT that has more upside, is completely healthy and will cost a lot less against our cap.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    Being that the draft has very good TEs that will be available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, if Miami passes on a pass rusher for Tyler effing Eifert, I'm going to blow a friggin fuse! The one position of need that we will NOT have quality to choose from in the 2nd to 3rd rounds is DE. I better hear Ziggy Ansah or Tabk Carradine or a name like that come Thursday or else. I kept making the point about why keeping Jake Long was a MUST and now ppl crying over spending a pick for Albert. Duh!

Now we want to waste the 12th pick on a damn TE so we can complain about how Corey Lemonier is no better than Olivier Vernon? Smdh.
    Yes, draft Eifert. "or else"??? LOL. I like Vernon and would be fine seeing if he is our pass rusher of the future. This draft should be about one player....... Ryan Tannehill. Getting him what he needs should be our #1 priority.... PERIOD!!! Fact is, we ain't winning a SB next year. We have time to get the pass rusher we need before we are a legitimate sb contender. Draft for Tannehill this year, so our offense can get some chemistry and will be ready to explode from this season on. Draft a CB some time on the 2nd day but, I wouldn't mind if 5 of our 1st 6 picks are on offense. Try and find a DE late if we must but, this season is about Ryan Tannehill.
    Quote Quote