Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why Eifert?

1. -1
    Are you a VIP?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

Why Eifert?

I don't get the push by fans for TE. Just not a position of need after signing Keller. Right now we have greater positions of need like offensive line, Corner, Safety, and more pass rush. This is not a knock on the guy just don't see using a pick this high on this position. If Tannehill doesn't have time to throw then it really won't matter who is on the receiving end.
    BREAKING NEWS ALL OFFSEASON LONG!
    FOLLOW FINHEAVEN ON TWITTER!

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Lost in the fog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Fans are thinking Eifert could be a dominant TE, like a Gronkowski or Graham. Keller, while a very athletic and capable TE, is kind of a "regular" TE compared to this new breed of "beast" TE. Also he'd be a bona fide red zone threat, something we're not rich in.

That being said, we do have other more pressing needs, I agree. But if you have a chance to grab an elite player vs. good player at a position of need, it's best not to pass up the elite guy (IMHO). I'll be satisfied if Eifert is the pick but won't be devastated if he's not.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Are you a VIP?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Elite?? I think assuming he will be another Gronk is a huge assumption. He should be good, but You still have to protect the QB.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Pass rush, pass rush, pass rush...don't see it happening, but that's what I want.

Sign: Daryn Colledge
    Draft: 1. LB Ryan Shazier 2. OL Joel Bitonio 3. WR Donte Moncrief 4. OL Brandon Thomas 5. OT Laurent Duvernay Tardif 6. RB Bo Oliver 7. TBD

LT Albert LG Smith C Pouncey RG Colledge RT Bitonio
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calabasas, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Why Eifert?

Keller's a one year rental… with Eifert the lb's can't shallow, and the zippers get ripped… ooooo-ooooohhh, ah'm gettin all tickley just'a thankin bout it
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Playstation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by fin-atic View Post
    Elite?? I think assuming he will be another Gronk is a huge assumption. He should be good, but You still have to protect the QB.
    Yes and we have spent how many picks all ready with this strategy and still do not have it right. Time to do something different.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Lost in the fog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fin-atic View Post
    Of course you cant assume anything, but if you're looking for the next Gronk, chances are it will be the guy who's the highest-rated TE prospect in a few years. He's elite as far as TE prospects go.

To put my use of the word into perspective, there doesn't appear to be "elite" talent at CB and WR in this draft, though there is much depth at those positions and some players that could end up being quite good.

As for protecting the QB, I'm with you. I'd rather our first-rounder didn't go towards a guard though, elite as Cooper or Warmack may be...
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Eifert is a game changer. He's another player a defense would have to especially account for in its game plan. The Dolphins haven't had multiple players like that in years. Plus, I think it would be a mistake to stand pat at TE with Keller and Egnew. We have no idea what we have in Egnew, and Keller is talented, but we're rolling the dice with his injury history. There's a reason Keller was given a 1 year deal. We have no idea whether he's going to hold up.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis View Post
    Of course you cant assume anything, but if you're looking for the next Gronk, chances are it will be the guy who's the highest-rated TE prospect in a few years. He's elite as far as TE prospects go.

To put my use of the word into perspective, there doesn't appear to be "elite" talent at CB and WR in this draft, though there is much depth at those positions and some players that could end up being quite good.

As for protecting the QB, I'm with you. I'd rather our first-rounder didn't go towards a guard though, elite as Cooper or Warmack may be...
    Elite?? I mean he is very good, great body control, really good hands and size, but I don't think you can call him elite, not like Vernon Davis elite. Davis is a 4.3 guy, Eifert is a 4.66, almost 4.7, that is a different world. He isn't the great down field threat that some seem to think, Keller is a 4.5 guy. Tyler will be a great redzone threat, which is really what we need, but Tyler won't be running away from LBs. That isn't who he is.

To gain some perspective, Terron Armstead the 6-5, 306 lb LT from Pine Bluff ran a 4.65 40.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the more I see Eifert, the more im jumping on his bandwagon. Trade back with Minnesota maybe, get 2 picks in the 1st round. Select Eifert and a CB, then get Armstead in the 2nd round and Pugh maybe to play OG. Perfect.
    Quote Quote