Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why Eifert?

1. -11
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If not Eifert then Tavon Austin. Both would make solid contributions. Obviously Eifert serves more of a need but echoing the thought that if you have the opportunity for a special player, you make that pick over need. More often then not, drafting for need winds up in failure.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    Elite?? I mean he is very good, great body control, really good hands and size, but I don't think you can call him elite, not like Vernon Davis elite. Davis is a 4.3 guy, Eifert is a 4.66, almost 4.7, that is a different world. He isn't the great down field threat that some seem to think, Keller is a 4.5 guy. Tyler will be a great redzone threat, which is really what we need, but Tyler won't be running away from LBs. That isn't who he is.

To gain some perspective, Terron Armstead the 6-5, 306 lb LT from Pine Bluff ran a 4.65 40.
    And Rob Gronkowski ran a 4.68.

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    If not Eifert then Tavon Austin. Both would make solid contributions. Obviously Eifert serves more of a need but echoing the thought that if you have the opportunity for a special player, you make that pick over need. More often then not, drafting for need winds up in failure.
    More often than not, drafting period ends up in failure.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: Why Eifert?

Eifert can be an elite TE, it doesnt mean he has to play like gronk. He is a different style of player. He is a lot closer to Jason Witten than gronk.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the mentality has been to pass on weapons and draft linemen since 2008. where has that led us? we lost long, dont know if martin is a LT or a RT. the NFL is all about scoring now.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i'm still holding out for pass rush help.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Two words...red zone. He helps in the red zone.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    Elite?? I mean he is very good, great body control, really good hands and size, but I don't think you can call him elite, not like Vernon Davis elite. Davis is a 4.3 guy, Eifert is a 4.66, almost 4.7, that is a different world. He isn't the great down field threat that some seem to think, Keller is a 4.5 guy. Tyler will be a great redzone threat, which is really what we need, but Tyler won't be running away from LBs. That isn't who he is.

To gain some perspective, Terron Armstead the 6-5, 306 lb LT from Pine Bluff ran a 4.65 40.
    40 times won't determine his value with the Fins. He would give RT a third down option and in the red zone, he opens up all kinds of options.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They won't draft a TE at #12.
    It only makes sense to pick a TE later in the draft.
    Trade back and get Hayden and Eifert(or Ertz) then it is smart.
    Hayden or Milliner is way more valuable than a TE.
    You have to defend the pass and right now Cb is the biggest weakness on this team.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Are you a VIP?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sorry I can't buy into that mentality of "we did that in the past and it didn't work". The problem isn't that the team is drafting the wrong position it is that it is making bad picks. But I can easily claim that Jake Long was an all Pro for several years and well worth the selection. Vernon Carey was an 8 year starter so that is not too bad. Pouncey is a Pro Bowler so how is that philosophy "not working"?

This draft is widely considered to be very low on star power. Our Line needs to improve.

I think some of you get romantic about the TE because of the success Brady and Gronk have had. Reality is that is just not going to be duplicated. I have no issue if we take the guy, but I just think if you can get one of the top 3 Tackles by moving up or if they fall you take them. If not you address another hole on the team like pass rush or secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannchise View Post
    the mentality has been to pass on weapons and draft linemen since 2008. where has that led us? we lost long, dont know if martin is a LT or a RT. the NFL is all about scoring now.
    BREAKING NEWS ALL OFFSEASON LONG!
    FOLLOW FINHEAVEN ON TWITTER!

Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fin-atic View Post
    I don't get the push by fans for TE. Just not a position of need after signing Keller. Right now we have greater positions of need like offensive line, Corner, Safety, and more pass rush. This is not a knock on the guy just don't see using a pick this high on this position. If Tannehill doesn't have time to throw then it really won't matter who is on the receiving end.
    John Stewart says, "Thank you..." for this post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUcj...e_gdata_player.
    Quote Quote