Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why Eifert?

1. -21
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CC Coach View Post
    They won't draft a TE at #12.
    Glad we know that, now could we move on lol.

It only makes sense to pick a TE later in the draft.
    It doesnt make sense because there is a drop off from Eifert, and the rest of the TEs in the draft.

Trade back and get Hayden and Eifert(or Ertz) then it is smart.
    I would only trade down a bit if we can get Eifert.

Hayden or Milliner is way more valuable than a TE.
    You have to defend the pass and right now Cb is the biggest weakness on this team.
    CB is not the biggest weakness on the team right now, the OLine is. I like Milliner, but his injury history should be a concern, and I bet he drops a bit because of that. Our CB core needs additions, but added another pass rusher, which is also a big need for this team, will help out the secondary a lot.

Eifert is a smart pick for us, even if it is at 12. He is big, great hands, can block, and is a big red zone target for us. Keller is only here for a year, and the other TE prospects we have are nowhere near ready, nor can block like Eifert or Keller. Eifert also helps out Wallace a lot, because safeties will not be able to double up Wallace as often. Unless they move up in the draft, Eifert would be the best pick at 12, IMO.
    "I am NOT:
    1. having or showing a merry, lively mood | 2. bright or showy | 3. given to or abounding in social or other pleasures"
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    People here just want a sexy pick.. Something to get excited about.. Oline picks is boring.. They wait for months til draft day and they want pick to excite them.. I was like that before
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    J-E-T-S $uck - $uck - $uck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Denver, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We need to move the chains and get first downs.
    Eifert potentially provides the outlet that RT needs.
    Red Zone threat, how many receivers caught TDs last year?
    We need to be scoring more than 18 points a game in this league to win consistently.
    Eifert will give LB and S more to worry about.
    We need to start picking Linemen better in the drafts later rounds like good GMs do.
    Time to step up Ireland...anyone can spend $45M on proven talent in the FA pool.
    Where is the talent evaluation?
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TruePoizon View Post
    the more I see Eifert, the more im jumping on his bandwagon. Trade back with Minnesota maybe, get 2 picks in the 1st round. Select Eifert and a CB, then get Armstead in the 2nd round and Pugh maybe to play OG. Perfect.
    Theres a better chance of us trading up for Eifert than there is of us trading down and getting him. A lot of Mocks have him going as high as six, and a lot of speculation that the Falcons and Jets want him.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SamIam View Post
    People here just want a sexy pick.. Something to get excited about.. Oline picks is boring.. They wait for months til draft day and they want pick to excite them.. I was like that before
    If they dont move up for Fisher, Cooper, or LJ, what lineman are you going with at 12? Picking Eifert at 12 is less of a reach than going for a lineman outside of the ones I already mentioned.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    NE and GB among others have provided the paradigm that you can win in this league so long as your scoring machine outscores the bunch of points relinquished by your mediocre defense. We've already got a good defense.. so why not load up on offensive weapons which will move the ball downfield with regularity (also giving our D the required rest) while fueling our young QB's confidence level which will then feed on itself. That's why I guess.

Dear Math, please grow up and solve your own problems, I'm tired of solving them for you. -Anon

Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We need to score more points. This would allow the defense to take chances at times to confuse the other team and get turn overs. Instead of playing each down as if a win depends on it. The defense has had to play it safe a lot to protect a small lead. Let us lead by 20 going into the 4th and get the other teams turn overs trying to catch up.

We can get a good player always down to the 3rd round. A good GM can find gems in the 5th and 6th. Ireland is not listening to the Parcels music anymore. He's listening with an ear towards todays NFL with a minor influence of Parcels. Hiring Philbon forced a change in draft strategy, he looks at the game differently and you have to give him the pieces he needs for his system.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Football's greatest essential is SCORING POINTS. It's what the game is all about.

It is NOT about "pass rush" and "kill the QB".

It is NOT about "protect the QB".

You can do both those things and be 4-12. We have done that before.

We haven't scored any points since 1994. We have been mediocre all that time.

We have got to get AWAY from the jimmy johnson-bill parcells "smallball"- "sneak-and-squeak"- "inside-out" paradigm.
    Ryan Tannehill. Ah, what a relief. Life is good.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by fin-atic View Post
    Elite?? I think assuming he will be another Gronk is a huge assumption. He should be good, but You still have to protect the QB.
    from all accounts, he's going to be a better blocker than keller, so our two te sets, Eifert would stay in get a chip block and then out for the outlet pass he goes, and which btw, add in the RAC, and red zone threat and Eifert makes our two TE set deadly. And since keller is a rental, we're solving a problem for next season too.

Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis View Post
    Fans are thinking Eifert could be a dominant TE, like a Gronkowski or Graham. Keller, while a very athletic and capable TE, is kind of a "regular" TE compared to this new breed of "beast" TE. Also he'd be a bona fide red zone threat, something we're not rich in.

That being said, we do have other more pressing needs, I agree. But if you have a chance to grab an elite player vs. good player at a position of need, it's best not to pass up the elite guy (IMHO). I'll be satisfied if Eifert is the pick but won't be devastated if he's not.
    Exactly this. Also, Keller isn't signed long. Eifert would be a long-term answer. He's a willing blocker too

Quote Quote