Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why Eifert?

1. -31
    Why not Us?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Currently Stationed Overseas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't see us going TE. This is Ireland we're talking about... According to the media, he already has us excited with Mike Wallace, Dustin Keller pick-ups from free agency. He made those moves in free agency so he didn't have to do it in the draft and hope he made the right decision. The free agent pick ups were "sure things". Now he can focus on the positions of need which are OL, DL, CB, S, HB as usual.

This is Ireland! He is not going to make the sexy pick especially since the talk lately has been that his job is secure after putting us in this position during this off-season. The talks about going with a sexy pick such as T. Austin or Eiffert are all smokescreen. A lot of other teams are looking for those players as well and the Dolphins may be looking to trade down. The 1st pick will be OL, DL, or maybe CB. Book it!
    COME ON' RYAN!!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    Davis is a 4.3 guy, Eifert is a 4.66, almost 4.7, that is a different world. He isn't the great down field threat that some seem to think, Keller is a 4.5 guy. Tyler will be a great redzone threat, which is really what we need, but Tyler won't be running away from LBs. That isn't who he is.

To gain some perspective, Terron Armstead the 6-5, 306 lb LT from Pine Bluff ran a 4.65 40.
    That is all correct. But, just to add a tad more perspective, Keller is the same speed as Hartline, maybe a tad slower, and Keller can't block, and doesn't have great hands, and is on a 1 year contract. The team doesn't see Keller as the answer, nor do I.

Eifert has excellent length and lift and is solid enough to not get pingponged in the air. He tracks the ball well, adjust to the ball in flight well, and catches the ball in traffic well. He isn't blazing fast, but he is as fast or faster than most LB's while also being taller and longer than them. Down the seam he is exceptional because he is a mismatch for just about everyone. LB's in coverage are all smaller than him and most are slower. DB's are shorter and far less physical. The kid takes hits from safeties and comes down with the ball unfazed. Sure, there are a handful of guys like Dion Jordan that can cover him down field, but if he causes a team to take a Dion Jordan out of the pass rush, Eifert has done his job.

Tyler Eifert is a great mismatch weapon, and if you think about how and where to use him, you start to get very excited about having him in the offense, even if his speed isn't elite, because the player is a difference maker.
    "I want guys who want to make an impact on and off the field. Good human beings. Guys who want to get better. Guys who want to improve. They want to be great, want to win. Those types of guys we can work with every day." --Joe Philbin
    - Defending the Read Option - What do you think?
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I may be a stupid idiot who doesn't know anything about football, but I truly believe that the TE position is only going to continue to ascend in value because of what the position can contribute on the field. And guys like Eifert don't grow on trees. We draft him, and we get better at the expense of 31 other teams. Jeff Ireland has shown that he's willing to do unconventional things at times, and I certainly hope that trend continues with drafting Eifert in the first. He won't be there in the second.
    God bless, I'll hang up and listen.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fin-atic View Post
    Sorry I can't buy into that mentality of "we did that in the past and it didn't work". The problem isn't that the team is drafting the wrong position it is that it is making bad picks. But I can easily claim that Jake Long was an all Pro for several years and well worth the selection. Vernon Carey was an 8 year starter so that is not too bad. Pouncey is a Pro Bowler so how is that philosophy "not working"?

This draft is widely considered to be very low on star power. Our Line needs to improve.

I think some of you get romantic about the TE because of the success Brady and Gronk have had. Reality is that is just not going to be duplicated. I have no issue if we take the guy, but I just think if you can get one of the top 3 Tackles by moving up or if they fall you take them. If not you address another hole on the team like pass rush or secondary.
    We don't need to duplicate brday/gronk. I'll be good with Bress/Graham or rivers/gates. If one of the tackles is there at 12, take him. If not, draft Eifert. Don't move up. If anything, trade back, get ertz or escobar. But, even if we don't draft eifert, the only ay we draftoline in the first is if one of the tackles is available at 12.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SamIam View Post
    People here just want a sexy pick.. Something to get excited about.. Oline picks is boring.. They wait for months til draft day and they want pick to excite them.. I was like that before
    Yeah, I used to be like that too. DRAFT EIFERT!!!!
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why?

Michael Egnew.

That's why.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Keller is a short term solution. Eifert, supposedly, is an elite athlete who is projected as becoming a big playmaker. I know what everyone means about him being useless if our line is allowing the pass rush, but there put OL options later in the draft and in FA. If Eifert is available, we should take him if he is who we want.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by caSTASHEophe View Post
    Why?

Michael Egnew.

That's why.
    michael egnew, the new **** you.
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote  

9. -39
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Eifert is the most offensive option, and likely will make a difference. No one else, in this draft, will do that.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    last time we got to the super bowl we had the marks brothers, tony nathan, bruce hardy and the excellent nat moore at the skill positions. thats major, major talent. who do we have now that scares opposing defenses? wallace...hmm thinking..thats about it. to say we should draft eiffert or austin and another explosive playmaker in the 2nd or 3rd rd is an understatement. how many years are we gonna draft ol or defense in rd 1 and ignore the skill positions that score points?
    Quote Quote