Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chargers Willing To Meet Chiefs Demands For Albert !!! OMG!!!

1. -21
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan4life! View Post
    KC trading to divisional rival San Diego? Not bloody likely.
    Ravens and Browns have traded in the past. Same with the Eagles and Redskins.

I don't know if people realize how desperate San Diego is to protect Phillip Rivers. They are also still of the belief that their window to contend for a Super Bowl is open. San Diego wants a top notch OT, and it's looking more and more likely that Lane Johnson (who they love) will not make it to their pick (Fisher and Joeckel aren't getting out of the top 5 either), and it's probably going to cost San Diego less to trade for Albert than it would to move up in the draft (where you have a lot of teams in need of offensive linemen). Hell, if you believe some reports, both guards could be gone before the Chargers draft (and teams like Dallas and the Giants are interested in moving up to get one)

To San Diego they are probably looking at trading for Albert, trading up, or reaching for DJ Fluker. If a trade for Albert (which is probably their biggest need) costs them only a 2nd and allows them to look at a CB, WR, or pass rusher if one falls I can see why they'd be interested
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post

I don't know if people realize how desperate San Diego is to protect Phillip Rivers. They are also still of the belief that their window to contend for a Super Bowl is open. San Diego wants a top notch OT, and it's looking more and more likely that Lane Johnson (who they love) will not make it to their pick (Fisher and Joeckel aren't getting out of the top 5 either), and it's probably going to cost San Diego less to trade for Albert than it would to move up in the draft (where you have a lot of teams in need of offensive linemen). Hell, if you believe some reports, both guards could be gone before the Chargers draft (and teams like Dallas and the Giants are interested in moving up to get one)

To San Diego they are probably looking at trading for Albert, trading up, or reaching for DJ Fluker. If a trade for Albert (which is probably their biggest need) costs them only a 2nd and allows them to look at a CB, WR, or pass rusher if one falls I can see why they'd be interested
    Actually you sort of further the point I've been declaring: if the team that knows him best wants to upgrade with an unproven LT, what does that really say about Albert? Case in point, Andy Reid trading McNabb to an eager Redskins' shanahan.

geno and idzik have done the impossible: make jets fans wish the tanny/sanchez days were here again > Darksider, Jetnation

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bahamas
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Chargers Willing To Meet Chiefs Demands For Albert !!! OMG!!!

Who knows anymore. So tired of seeing Albert threads but I thought SD was in tight in cap hell.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

if the chargers are interested they going to have to get rid of some players they have now because san diego cant buy a loaf of bread right now they would have to rob peter to pay paul , and theres noway that KC is going to give a division rival the same deal that they give us , it would cost the chargers a 2nd and another pick say between a 3rd - 7th more because of being a rival team so imo im callin BS .

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think the deal is already done. to miami that is. thats why we are looking to trade down. duh.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I do not want them to trade either one of those 2nd round picks. Why are people so ready to give up on Jonathan Martin on the left side already? He protected Andrew Luck's blind side in college. Another year of experience should do wonders. The Dolphins need bodies. On top of that, Albert played for the sorry a@# Chiefs his whole career. If he was so good, then why haven't any of the quarterbacks that played for Chiefs amounted to anything?
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bahamas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Day View Post
    I do not want them to trade either one of those 2nd round picks. Why are people so ready to give up on Jonathan Martin on the left side already? He protected Andrew Luck's blind side in college. Another year of experience should do wonders. The Dolphins need bodies. On top of that, Albert played for the sorry a@# Chiefs his whole career. If he was so good, then why haven't any of the quarterbacks that played for Chiefs amounted to anything?
    The Chiefs QB issues are far from the blame of the LT position.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hope they do, then we can put this poppycock to rest about Miami doing it.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mt. Juliet, TN
    Thanks / No Thanks

I never said it hadn't been done before (trading within the division), just that it wasn't likely. You named two inter-divisional trades...you do realize that two is not very many, right?
    Dolfan4life!

Quote Quote