Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sick of the Albert talk...Can we just sign Winston?

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks

Sick of the Albert talk...Can we just sign Winston?

I do not want to pay the inflated salary that this guy wants. Eric Winston comes much cheaper and I expect improvement from Martin(not saying that it is definitely going to happen, but I anticipate it). Plus we can select a very good OT like Pugh, Dallas Thomas(bet you forgot about him) or Armstead in the 2nd .
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Playstation Logo
Gift received at 03-18-2014, 10:36 PM from DisturbedShifty
Message: I saw the PS controller so I figured you'd like the PS logo as well.1972 Dolphins LogoPS4 ControllerMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91
    meh the problem is we will only sign Albert if we dont trust Martin at LT and Winston cant play LT
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Mad and Surt...Legendary

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MD
    Thanks / No Thanks
    People need to STOP with the Eric Winston talk. He's not coming here, it's clear the organization doesn't want him. he may be an emergency plan post draft.

Winston talk here reminds me of the guy who got dumped by his girlfriend but keeps talking and talking about her like eventually they are going to have a relationship again.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    What is the rush to sign Winston now? He is going to be on the market after the draft and you see what happens this weekend before revisiting him.

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minnesota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Winston is most definately plan C here. If they miss out on one of the top OT's and the Albert trade doesn't happen (too expensive or too high picks), then I think we draft an OT in the 2nd or 3rd and sign Winston as a stop-gap until the rookie is ready to go to LT or RT and move Martin or another option.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Hasta La Vista, Tony

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jax.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can see Ireland's point here in getting Albert. Fans should be excited about it, though some are not. First off, it's not our money, pay him what he wants to play here. So what if it's more than Long.
    Secondly, getting Albert frees us up to get a sexy position filled. Think Milliner, or DE, or Eifert. Thinking of the picks Milliner would make is awesome. The possibility of a quick DE opposite of Wake is exciting, and getting Eifert to be our endzone answer is great!
    Get Albert, secure LT, and onto more fan freindly picks.
    Every Dolphins game is like a box of chocolates...

"The organization has struggled from a personnel standpoint over the years. For instance, they drafted me in the second round. . . . You don't recover from those types of mistakes." - Rob Konrad on the team's questionable draft picks from 1998-2003.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    wales and will die a proud dragon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DKphin View Post
    I do not want to pay the inflated salary that this guy wants. Eric Winston comes much cheaper and I expect improvement from Martin(not saying that it is definitely going to happen, but I anticipate it). Plus we can select a very good OT like Pugh, Dallas Thomas(bet you forgot about him) or Armstead in the 2nd .
    totally agree!

Pugh could fill in for Winston or Incognito 2014 and provide depth at both positions this year.

If Armstead it would allow him a season to develop behind Winston & Martin.
    Re-sign
    Randy Starks DT
    Nolan Carroll CB
    Brent Grimes CB
    Chris Clemons FS

Sign
    Knowshon Moreno RB
    John Kuhn FB
    Zach Strief RT
    Shelley Smith OG
    Louis Delmas S
    Jared Veldheer LT

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree. Enough of Fat Albert. Sign Clabo, McKinnie, or Winston cheaper, keep the 2nd rounder and then draft another tackle with THAT pick.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    J-E-T-S $uck - $uck - $uck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Denver, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zach attach View Post
    I can see Ireland's point here in getting Albert. Fans should be excited about it, though some are not. First off, it's not our money, pay him what he wants to play here. So what if it's more than Long.
    Secondly, getting Albert frees us up to get a sexy position filled. Think Milliner, or DE, or Eifert. Thinking of the picks Milliner would make is awesome. The possibility of a quick DE opposite of Wake is exciting, and getting Eifert to be our endzone answer is great!
    Get Albert, secure LT, and onto more fan freindly picks.
    Albert's demands puts us in cap hell for a few years. Lets not get to impatient and pay out millions more for a LT when we could have paid Jake Long and kept our picks. If its $7M or so, then lets roll, but more than that...no thanks! There has to be more to the trade than a #54 (or hopefully not #42) to make this legit. Maybe other players/picks involved? Either way, for $8-9M per year, im not buying.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Hasta La Vista, Tony

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jax.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dagger151 View Post
    Albert's demands puts us in cap hell for a few years. Lets not get to impatient and pay out millions more for a LT when we could have paid Jake Long and kept our picks. If its $7M or so, then lets roll, but more than that...no thanks! There has to be more to the trade than a #54 (or hopefully not #42) to make this legit. Maybe other players/picks involved? Either way, for $8-9M per year, im not buying.
    I could go both ways on cap hell. If we pay him, we get his services for 3-5 years. If we don't, we keep the cap space. The way GM's work these days (Aponte included) , you really have to be bad to not move contracts around to make future caps workable.
    Quote Quote