Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sick of the Albert talk...Can we just sign Winston?

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Schleprock View Post

Winston talk here reminds me of the guy who got dumped by his girlfriend but keeps talking and talking about her like eventually they are going to have a relationship again.
    Winston will be a Dolphin, i mean we're just using everyone else as leverage.... it was meant to be
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug385 View Post
    Winston will be a Dolphin, i mean we're just using everyone else as leverage.... it was meant to be
    Beyond that, I think that there may be a "handshake deal" in place already. It's just waiting for June 1st to arrive, so that there's no issue whatsoever w/the "cap". I think that the biggest "smokescreen" of all is ALBERTS, who i/m/o isn't all that great at all, has back issues, will (I believe) be 30 soon, and is way too expensive in MANY ways. I could be wrong, but I don't think that MIAMI will draft a T before the 2nd pick in the 2nd Round at the earliest, and ALBERTS is just a smokescreen, while WINSTON will officially be a DOLPHIN by June 2nd at the latest.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DKphin View Post
    I do not want to pay the inflated salary that this guy wants. Eric Winston comes much cheaper and I expect improvement from Martin(not saying that it is definitely going to happen, but I anticipate it). Plus we can select a very good OT like Pugh, Dallas Thomas(bet you forgot about him) or Armstead in the 2nd .
    CNN si is reporting that the Dolphins are willing to meet Albert's asking price, and are waiting for KC to close the deal.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I felt the same way with all the Winston talk a while back which is starting back up!
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'll bet Winston has an injury the public doesnt know about. remember the guy from the Colts last year? never signed with anyone that I can tell.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think it's just obvious that the team doesn't believe in Martin as an LT and that maybe Winston is overrated by finheaven. I mean if Philbin and Turner are in Ireland's ear telling him Martin will be fine at LT do you really think he'd be looking to trade for Alberts? I know Ireland doesn't get much credit here, somewhat deserved, but I do not think he wants to spend big on an LT just to spend big on an LT. As for Winston well there are more teams then just us that need an RT and he is still unemployed. When I see posters like Hoops stating they watched a lot of film on Winston and he is reminding him of Marc Columbo I'm a little weary. I just think if this cheaper option was better it would be done unless this is a big per draft smokescreen.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i say wait untill after the first round of the draft when the chiefs draft JOECKEL and then we can offer them a 3rd.
    better than having two players on your team at LT making almost 11 million
    Quote Quote