Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is DJ Hayden in play at #12

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    wales and will die a prou
    Thanks / No Thanks

Is DJ Hayden in play at #12

Mayock just named him his no.1 corner. I know CK has been big on him right from the start.

He has been fully cleared by doctors and 100% healthy is considered better than X.Rhodes.

Ireland made statement about being able to draft corners late in draft, but he does like to drop smokescreens and if he really believed this why would he draft Davis & Smith so early previously.

Would the fans be happy with this?
    Draft
    1-WR-Marqise Lee
    2-DT-Louis Nix
    3-OG-Gabe Jackson
    4-QB-AJ McCarron
    5-DT-Daniel McCullers
    5-CB-Antone Exum
    6-OT-Antonio Richardson
    7-OT-Seantrel Henderson
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think he is...he got knocked down for medical much like Star L., like Star people are realizing he is ok and a very very talented player.
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Fin fan in hostile territory

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Connecticut
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not sure at 12 with that freak injury now in his history but if we trade down I definitely see him as first round talent.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I just can't see it at #12 even though his talent may dictate that. I think Hayden drops to the end of the 1st where teams with more depth can take on more risk.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't know that he's better than Xavier Rhodes, but if you wanted to steer toward Hayden because you believe he fits the system better than Rhodes, I can go for that. My big problem with the system argument is using it to justify taking players that are clearly inferior. A great example would be steering toward Desmond Trufant at 12 instead of Xavier Rhodes. I think Rhodes is just a superior football player regardless of system. But that's not really the case with Hayden, who I rate right up there with Rhodes and Milliner.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not a big fan of Rhodes at all he reminds many including myself of Sean Smith. They virtually have the same strengths and weaknesses...

Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I don't know that he's better than Xavier Rhodes, but if you wanted to steer toward Hayden because you believe he fits the system better than Rhodes, I can go for that. My big problem with the system argument is using it to justify taking players that are clearly inferior. A great example would be steering toward Desmond Trufant at 12 instead of Xavier Rhodes. I think Rhodes is just a superior football player regardless of system. But that's not really the case with Hayden, who I rate right up there with Rhodes and Milliner.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ANUFan View Post
    Not a big fan of Rhodes at all he reminds many including myself of Sean Smith. They virtually have the same strengths and weaknesses...
    Sean Smith comparison is lazy and inaccurate, in my opinion.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Rhodes has stiff hips and will be flagged all the time for banging with receivers beyond 5 yards. I do not like him.

Milliner is too much a red flag for me and will be this draft's biggest surprise of where he goes vs. the conventional wisdom of the last few months.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i guess that means you have rhodes and milliner ranked as in the #175 pick range given where you took hayden in your on line mock or whatever that was...seems odd to me to wait so long to pull the trigger on hayden if he was so highly thought of..

but then again i do see a lot of sean smith like balance and struggles with smaller quicker wrs with xavier rhodes ...and i don't think i've been lazy about it...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I took D.J. Hayden in the 6th round of MockTwo after passing on him with my 2nd and 3rd round picks. I didn't pick again until the 6th round. I had no 4th or 5th round picks and I only had one 2nd and one 3rd. I knew the folks in MockTwo were not going to take him until the 7th round, if at all, based on what happened in MockOne and the way media boards were ranking him and talking about him. But I made it clear in my description that if healthy he should come out as one of the very best corners in the draft and that we'd be more likely to be talking about him in the 2nd round.

Of course, this was about 3 months ago. When literally nobody was talking about D.J. Hayden being one of the very best corners in the entire Draft, if healthy.
    Quote Quote