Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is DJ Hayden in play at #12

1. -11
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ok...i didn't know your pick situation...fair enough...and i also didn't know it was 3 months ago...i still don't know why people thought that they could get that in the 3rd round or whatever though after watching his tape...i was definitely late to get a look cause of the medical i figured he was done but when i did look wow that had 1st round talent written all over it...

i'm not surprised at all he's up there being talked about as the top corner in the class...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    TedSlimmJr holds the "told ya so" over pretty much everyone. I believe way back in October he said that D.J. Hayden is the most underrated senior prospect in the draft. I didn't really start catching onto Hayden until late November, and back then I didn't know how to frame his injury. I thought his life had to be at risk if he continued to play football. I was wrong about that, something I discovered when I did more digging in January. That's when I talked to some medical people who told me that the way veins heal with the scar tissue they accumulate after an injury to the vein, there's probably even LESS chance he tears it in the same spot. The injury was dubbed kind of a one in a million thing, and his surviving it even more rare. That's when I was told the opening of the sternum was the bigger problem, and I did remember from the back of my mind some bruised sternum injuries being issues at the NFL level, but overall this was not a long term thing.

When I found that out, that's when I was off to the races digging into his tape. He drips explosiveness. It's immediately evident. That's when I ran up to the podium during MockTwo and took him in the 6th round (even though truthfully I could've waited until the 7th), and described him as being one of the very best corners in the draft.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -13

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    yeah i remember slimm and you talking about him when i was busy talking up mingo ha ha...anyways that was a hell of a find...like you said man that kids explosive

now if slimm would just get off this uva corner nicholson he likes that is awful...lmao
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What's this? The junior? LOL.

No way I'm even close to being there yet. Good god he's already on the 2015 class.

Although I've gotten a fair few looks at your guy from Oregon who is pretty good.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    only question with the oregon kid is how tall is he...i think he's every bit of 5 ft 10 but i wonder how much more than that...he's definitely a legit talent though...
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    System fit is unquestionably overstated, as ck indicated. You might legitimately assign a few percent but too often it's one of the happy 40% adjustments, and at that point all perspective is lost.

Rhodes is naturally stickier and more competitive than Sean Smith. I'm still not thrilled with him, primarily because I've watched hm for years and never slotted him anywhere near this high. I like to default to that, early evaluation.

When doubting these early guys like Milliner and Rhodes, you have to recognize the likelihood you'll be wrong. There are countless reasons they have so much support. It's extremely satisfying when you can deflect it and identify a bust. I've had countless examples but the sample is 35 years, and I really don't care if I'm wrong. In my world being wrong only 43% of the time is fantastic. Recently I've noted that if the player starts sliding into the second round, then I'm going to to be correct, and more correct than the league compromise. Jimmy Clausen and Taylor Mays are examples. If the player rigidly stays within the first round, particularly the opening half of that round, then my concerns were largely unfounded, and can be overcome.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    System fit is unquestionably overstated, as ck indicated. You might legitimately assign a few percent but too often it's one of the happy 40% adjustments, and at that point all perspective is lost.

Rhodes is naturally stickier and more competitive than Sean Smith. I'm still not thrilled with him, primarily because I've watched hm for years and never slotted him anywhere near this high. I like to default to that, early evaluation.

When doubting these early guys like Milliner and Rhodes, you have to recognize the likelihood you'll be wrong. There are countless reasons they have so much support. It's extremely satisfying when you can deflect it and identify a bust. I've had countless examples but the sample is 35 years, and I really don't care if I'm wrong. In my world being wrong only 43% of the time is fantastic. Recently I've noted that if the player starts sliding into the second round, then I'm going to to be correct, and more correct than the league compromise. Jimmy Clausen and Taylor Mays are examples. If the player rigidly stays within the first round, particularly the opening half of that round, then my concerns were largely unfounded, and can be overcome.
    So would Damontre Moore be the freshest example here?
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Rhodes has stiff hips and will be flagged all the time for banging with receivers beyond 5 yards. I do not like him.

Milliner is too much a red flag for me and will be this draft's biggest surprise of where he goes vs. the conventional wisdom of the last few months.
    This is my concern about Rhodes as well.
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think if we drop down to the late teens he'd be an option
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Phin fan since 1970!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    OK in a trade down to get an extra second round pick.
    Quote Quote