Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Shefter: Fins Looking To Move DOWN (not up)

1. -51
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ireland might be trying to trade down, grab another 2nd, and then trade one of our three 2nd round picks for Albert.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Dawn of a new era

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Newport News,Va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In his office Friday afternoon, Philbin pointed to the practice fields outside and said: "Out there is where we're going to find out about Ryan Tannehill, Matt Moore and David Garrard. I don't remember a master plan that said, 'Here's when Ryan's going to play.' If there is one, I was never told about it. We'll let them come to work, and the best man will win."'
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    people are just not paying attention. They want to come out of here with 7-8 guys. 5 of which will make the team and others depth and PS.

We will trade down or stay pat at 12 and get more quality picks, then trade our late garbage to move up into the early 4th round.

By day three, we could be almost done early minus comp picks.

Look to end up with 6-7 picks in first 3 rounds if we get a major trade down in first.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minnesota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We are trading up, we are staying put, we are trading away our second, we are wanting to move down . . . . Everyone is guessing and nobody knows for sure other than the FO. For the obvious reason of making calls to find out what we could get to trade down, I could give you several reasons other than wanting to tade down, why we'd be making those calls. More misinformation being floated out there right now than facts, so just sit, be patient and we'll see what the real story is on Thursday. In the end, we probably just sit at 12 and pick someone there. And then have to hear all the experts say how we tried to trade up or down but were unable to find willing trade partners (to of course play into their pre-draft hype that they claimed).
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I will say, Ireland is doing an excellent job of keeping everyone guessing what we'll do this draft.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All I can say is, Ireland had better hit a grand slam with this draft. We're long overdue to have a GREAT draft.
    Please God, let me see 1 Dolphins Superbowl victory before I die.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    you're smarter to take your guy at #12 whomever it may be and then wait into the 20's and come back up for another top rated guy than you are to trade down at #12 and hope no one trumps you before you get a chance...all these picks give you the ammo to trade back up for another talent that you love if one gets in your wheelhouse...

that's how i would go about it...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've evolved on this. I no longer appreciate trading down, not in this range. No matter what it looks like heading into the draft, the difference maker players are going to be concentrated in the top 30 or 40, with greater likelihood from the top.

The deep draft stuff is largely a myth, something to talk about, with months of nothing but talk.

Down the road when we evaluate this draft, the tiers will be very similar to normal. That's the favorite, anyway.

Trading down is like laying up on a par 5 in golf. The conservative minded commentators love it, brainwashing the public, and occasionally it does work, but those examples receive too much weight as opposed to the big picture, when every large sample reveals the benefit of aggressively going for it.

IMO, trading down within the first half of the opening round carries too much risk. If you want to trade down, it's more sensible to do so in the late second round through the fourth round. That's when the overmatched general managers tend to get desperate and overreact, falsely believing one player holds much greater value than the next. They'll throw you a bonus 3rd, 4th or 5th, or maybe a pick the following year, and in reality you are gaining more than they did.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    I could see them moving down for Hayden.
    I think we trade back for Tank and trade up for Hayden or Taylor
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Schefter now tweeting that two teams have shown a willingness to move up, the Dolphins and Falcons. When asked how that can be when he just labeled Miami one of five teams willing to trade down, he said Miami is exploring both options.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote