Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trade for Albert NOW before demand goes UP!!!

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I understand his point. He isn't begging the Fins to get this guy, so much as stating the obvious, which is once the 3 are gone, the demand will go up and we will be forced to make a big decision. Frankly, I wouldn't take him for that money, but if he is who they think they want, they can't let the demand go up. I agree with that much.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    VIPeezy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Montreal, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's good that you started a new thread on this... the debate in the other thread clearly wasn't enough.
    Sig courtesy of @dolfan565

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Albert strikes me as someone who'll pull a "Haynesworth" taking his foot off the gas once the Brink$ Truck makes its deposit. He's better than average, wants to be paid like he's considerably better than average and as someone who's fought a bad back sporadically for years, that's body area with the memory of an elephant. The fact remains that the team that knew him best other than using him as trade fodder, would rather trust an unproven rookie than him. I'd be fine with dealing the other Marshall 3rd but in this draft class, absolutely not our first second.

Like Kenny Rodgers sang: "you gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em" I wish I could send that song to Ireland.

"geno and idzik have done the impossible: make jets fans wish
    the tanny/sanchez days were here again" > Darksider, Jetnation

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    no thanks, see how the cards fall int he draft
    Uk, that's my exact point. The 3 LTs are so likely to be gone by the 5th pick that even DET is now entertaining offers to trade down. Once Johnson is gone, all those teams from DET, ARI, and SD join the market for Albert and our 54th pick offer goes down the drain and will have to compete with the 42nd pick and then may have to add a late rounder if DET or ARI offer theirs. The leverage goes UP for KC on draft day, not us. Right now the leverage is for us if we trade before those teams know if Johnson is gone by their pick.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SQuinn17 View Post
    We let a guy go who is hell of a lot better than this guy and now we're desperate all over again? Let the draft play out and stop reaching with these knee-jerk threads.
    Let the Jake Long drama go already. Me and so many here were warning of the dangers that will befall us if we let Long walk. We did so we are suffering the consequences. That's history. We are in the present. We need a LT and Johnson won't make it to us. Accept it.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Also common sense is the fact that Ireland is trying to field calls in trading DOWN, because it's obvious that he and Aponte are not so stupid to not be aware enough to see such a scenario where KC is holding off till Lane Johnson is gone in order to gain other teams like SD to offer their higher 2nd round pick to force us to give up that 42nd pick. And with the new trifecta seeing this LIKELY scenario, they are offering Albert the contract he's asking for to help FORCE KC to trade NOW for the 54th. So they are fielding trade DOWNS in order to recoup the likely coming scenario where Miami in the end will have to offer KC the 42nd pick. The "SD doesn't have the cap space" is nonsense as they just have to restructure a contract or two to clear it. So plz stay away from thar fallacious argument.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Do not under and circumstances lose your cool . . . we need to all be cool to keep Ireland cool . . . Albert may or may not be the answer but the asking price is too high . . . we have a mobile quarterback . . . we'll be fine!!!
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepintofish View Post
    Do not under and circumstances lose your cool . . . we need to all be cool to keep Ireland cool . . . Albert may or may not be the answer but the asking price is too high . . . we have a mobile quarterback . . . we'll be fine!!!
    An ACL tear later.... that's what the Redskins said. HAHAHAHAHA
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bahamas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SQuinn17 View Post
    We let a guy go who is hell of a lot better than this guy and now we're desperate all over again? Let the draft play out and stop reaching with these knee-jerk threads.
    The only ones desperate are fans who post here.

Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Steamboat Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Youve got to get a better poker face my friend.

Reshad "GET IT ON" Jones
    gettin it on!
    Quote Quote