Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tony Pauline: Dolphins among top suitors for Tank Carradine

1. -11
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    the problem i have with trading back to acquire a carradine or a hayden even in front of these other known suitors is these fast risers you just never know when someone off the radar will take your cookies...

i guess betting on the medical with carradine helps the cause but i was thinking also yesterday when i heard carradine may not be full go for camp someones probably floating that hoping he gets to them...
    I would trade back no further than Dallas just for the reasons you mentioned even if it just means maybe a 3rd and a 4th rounder instead of a 2nd. Lots of good players are available in all rounds increase you chances with more picks. Kind of like trading up except in reverse.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phintim View Post
    I would trade back no further than Dallas just for the reasons you mentioned even if it just means maybe a 3rd and a 4th rounder instead of a 2nd. Lots of good players are available in all rounds increase you chances with more picks. Kind of like trading up except in reverse.
    so you would give 6 slots where someone could take carradine from you...i don't know man...if one of those teams in the early 20's even really wants him it wouldn't cost much to get to the late teens and trump you...

i'm a risk taker when it comes to talent all the way but i get a little spooked when it comes to trying to be too cute...i guess it depends on their grade...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    for a 3rd like Egnew, the risk to miss out on a once in a draft disrupter...I'll take Carradine and try to be efficient on the other TEN picks we have, plus UFA's...I want the Bradys, Lucks, and Flaccos out there to hate when Mia is up!!
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree, hoops. If you like Carradine at 12, you probably like him a lot (same story for Hayden). Don't get cute. Stay in the pocket, and make the right pick. I would absolutely consider trading back into the 1st for either.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    yeah i mean you have the ammo to take your guy at #12 and come back up in the 20's if need be for another top target...to me given miami has so many picks that's the way i would go about it...
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i think after Hayden, there's a talent fall off, your'e starting to get to that 2nd group of guys (not just at the CB position, but in general). With the picks we have, I'd want to be in on the first group twice. We'd still have plenty of picks for the other rounds. We have needs, but two elite talents would go a lot further than 4 guys struggling to make it.

If the Bears miss out on Eifert and the O-linemen, they might just want to retreat to that next group of O-linemen at a more realistic value. If we give them 42 and 54, for 20, they get to add two 2nd tier O-linemen instead of reaching for one, and we'd draft before the Bengals, who I think would love to draft him there. Depending on whose available that trade could make a lot of sense. There are other guys I'd trade up for too. 1-5 in this draft is really close to 16-20 imo.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i'd be pretty damn stoked if it was carradine or hayden...and if we somehow ended up with em both...DAMN BLAM
    That would be pretty sick.

Not that I'm a huge fan of the Branden Albert trade but imagine if the Dolphins were able to for example trade 54 out for Albert, take Hayden at 12, and then trade #42 and #77 up for Carradine.

Right?
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Of course even after that you still need a Guard, Defensive Tackle and a Running Back. Then you'd have open options for a Wide Receiver, Linebacker, Free Safety and Tight End.

Too many needs.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Of course even after that you still need a Guard, Defensive Tackle and a Running Back. Then you'd have open options for a Wide Receiver, Linebacker, Free Safety and Tight End.

Too many needs.
    While this is true..I gotta say if we could get Tank and Hayden/Rhodes that would be well worth it. We can't fill every single need..and I'd rather fill 2 needs with elite prospects than 3-4 with average guys
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post

Too many needs.
    Yeah, but I'd rather acquire high end players when I have the chance, and grind away at needs as they come. I think Louis could be a solid answer at OG. Albert isn't the way I'd go. I'd rather try Martin on the left and look for a B. Williams around 82. So you still have 12, 42, 54, 77 to spend on position other than O-line. If you can turn 42 and 54 or 42 and 77 into T. Austin, C. Patterson, X. Rhodes, C. Carradine, D. Hayden, J. Hunter (though I wouldn't for Miami, because I don't like the fit), or E. Reid, I think that's something you almost have to do. I think Miami is more devoid of big-time talent than it is riddled with holes. I think we have bunch of guys who are good enough. With a few high end guys, the JAG's look better.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiDolphin618 View Post
    While this is true..I gotta say if we could get Tank and Hayden/Rhodes that would be well worth it. We can't fill every single need..and I'd rather fill 2 needs with elite prospects than 3-4 with average guys
    Beat me to it.
    Last edited by j-off-her-doll; 04-23-2013 at 02:41 PM.
    Quote Quote