Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tony Pauline: Dolphins among top suitors for Tank Carradine

1. -41
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phintim View Post
    I agree with you on Mathews IMO on Fuller have to do with the concussions he suffered in college which when recievers suffer that type of injury they in many cases loose a lot of confidence in taking the hit and thus their concentration is not the same catching the ball. Fuller caught like 90 passes his junior year and half that his senior year and sounded like he was a walking mash unit. He was considered a high round NFL pick coming out his junior year.
    Thats why I am warry of Swoops who has had concusion issues too coming out of Texaas A&M.
    I was, and I think he was, talking about Corey Fuller - the Virginia Tech WR.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    TRUE AMERICAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    hayden is the guy who would make me do flips.

we had a top 5 pass rush last year and our cb's couldnt handle ANYONE!! teams score at will through the air on us.

our two big time over rated cb's are now gone. thats good. but unfortunately, we now have NOBODY to play cb [and i dont want to hear anyone saying a bum legged, aging, hasnt played in 2 years grimes solves our issue]and our backups are not even good backups much less starters [see carroll].

it would be nice to have another wake, but, WE NEED CB more than ANY other position. we need 4 to be exact. so HAYDEN [who if were not injured would be a top 3 pic] is the one i would want between the two if ireland is taking a chance on an injured player.

i think ireland [untill he shows different] isnt running any brilliant smoke screen. o-line chuggers and d-line meat heads are his thing. its been bred into him and it all appears he is going to do offensive line. the thing i noticed in ireland right away was that when the rumours come out of the senior bowl and combine who he is enamoured with, its true. i see whatever happens this weekend being o-line top heavy.

but mark my words: the reason we lost MOST of the games we have over the last couple years is LACK OF TRUE CB'S!!! bad starters and NO depth! and if ireland doesnt grab 2 early and another later, you are going to see what you did last year. every time we score, the oposition will IMEDIATELY score right back!! and when the game needs to be put away, the oppositions qb will drop back and hit his wr's in stride, into the endzone.

i dont think AUSTIN [my only non cb pic at #12] will be there at #12, so ireland better send up a card that either has MARCUS TRUFANT or DJ HAYDEN'S name on it. [ i dont like milliner or rhodes, expecially rhodes and milliner will probably be gone]. trufant is the most complete cb in the draft and most injury free. a TRUE ball hawk. a faster sam maddison!! hayden is skills off the chart, but, he IS a major injury concern. i wont cry though if ireland goes hayden as his talent, expecially with cb being our BIGGEST NEED WITH NO CLOSE SECOND, is worth the risk.

i just do not get the the xavier rhodes interest. not at all. not for us.
    For Those Who Ride The Other Side

HOWARD: rip my brother.

Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by NRA View Post
    hayden is the guy who would make me do flips.

we had a top 5 pass rush last year and our cb's couldnt handle ANYONE!! teams score at will through the air on us.

our two big time over rated cb's are now gone. thats good. but unfortunately, we now have NOBODY to play cb [and i dont want to hear anyone saying a bum legged, aging, hasnt played in 2 years grimes solves our issue]and our backups are not even good backups much less starters [see carroll].

it would be nice to have another wake, but, WE NEED CB more than ANY other position. we need 4 to be exact. so HAYDEN [who if were not injured would be a top 3 pic] is the one i would want between the two if ireland is taking a chance on an injured player.

i think ireland [untill he shows different] isnt running any brilliant smoke screen. o-line chuggers and d-line meat heads are his thing. its been bred into him and it all appears he is going to do offensive line. the thing i noticed in ireland right away was that when the rumours come out of the senior bowl and combine who he is enamoured with, its true. i see whatever happens this weekend being o-line top heavy.

but mark my words: the reason we lost MOST of the games we have over the last couple years is LACK OF TRUE CB'S!!! bad starters and NO depth! and if ireland doesnt grab 2 early and another later, you are going to see what you did last year. every time we score, the oposition will IMEDIATELY score right back!! and when the game needs to be put away, the oppositions qb will drop back and hit his wr's in stride, into the endzone.

i dont think AUSTIN [my only non cb pic at #12] will be there at #12, so ireland better send up a card that either has MARCUS TRUFANT or DJ HAYDEN'S name on it. [ i dont like milliner or rhodes, expecially rhodes and milliner will probably be gone]. trufant is the most complete cb in the draft and most injury free. a TRUE ball hawk. a faster sam maddison!! hayden is skills off the chart, but, he IS a major injury concern. i wont cry though if ireland goes hayden as his talent, expecially with cb being our BIGGEST NEED WITH NO CLOSE SECOND, is worth the risk.

i just do not get the the xavier rhodes interest. not at all. not for us.
    That made me lol. Than I cried due to it being true
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    the problem i have with trading back to acquire a carradine or a hayden even in front of these other known suitors is these fast risers you just never know when someone off the radar will take your cookies...

i guess betting on the medical with carradine helps the cause but i was thinking also yesterday when i heard carradine may not be full go for camp someones probably floating that hoping he gets to them...
    tell me about it dude... I had this master plan to trade back in vip collaborative draft, and somebody took tank like two picks before me.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tony Pauline writes in his blog -- the Dolphins have had a lot of contact with Carradine recently, and he becomes a 'real possibility with the 12th selection' if the team can agree to terms with Branden Albert.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i'd be pretty damn stoked if it was carradine or hayden...and if we somehow ended up with em both...DAMN BLAM
    Given Ireland and moreso Philbin's personalities, I'd be SHOCKED if the Dolphins got both those guys. I'd be shocked if we ended up with either one at 12 but I wouldnt be against it.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As an FSU alumn, I am excited. I would love one of our elite defenders here. These guy can get after the ball and are NFL ready.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thing is Carradine and Hayden before this week were slated in the late first (for Carradine) and mid second (For Hayden)... I understand that there is always a late serge on some guys and there are always at least 5-8 suprise players taken in the 1st round that weren't projected to go in the first...

With the 12th pick we have the luxury to see how things shape up with at least the first 9-10 picks (is there a run on DE's... OL.... do the QB's come into play?) before we decide to make a play to move up or back or stay pat for Johnson, Millner, Carradine, Hayden etc...

To me 12 is great spot to be at considering we have the ammo to move up if need be or move back a few spots to accuire even more ammo to use on other guys.
    http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/rex-ryan-foot.jpg

currently the 19th ranked competitive eater in the world
    http://www.ifoce.com/rankings.php
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Omen View Post
    Thing is Carradine and Hayden before this week were slated in the late first (for Carradine) and mid second (For Hayden)... I understand that there is always a late serge on some guys and there are always at least 5-8 suprise players taken in the 1st round that weren't projected to go in the first...
    The reason why they weren't being projected as top 15 picks is because of the medical issues. Nobody even knew if Hayden would return to football...then once he got cleared he shot up draft boards...people were still skeptical though so he was in that 2nd round range and then went out and absolutely destroyed his pro day (and workouts apparently). On tape he is easily a top 15 talent..Right up there with Milliner and Rhodes (whom I have yet to figure out why people don't like...just because he is big people label him SS 2.0). As for Carradine...he was similarly flagged for the ACL then went out and destroyed his workout and he's not even 100% yet. Carradine was probably a top 5 pick if he wouldn't have gotten hurt.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    I hate everyone else in the AFC East

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree Omen, 12 seems like a pretty sweet spot. Especially if you think at 12 there could be Carradine, Vaccaro, Hayden, Efiert, Austin sitting there, we could drop back 4 spots to the Rams, let them take Austin
    and still fill a need with a great player and maybe grab an additional 3rd.
    Let's go Miami!!!!
    Quote Quote