Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: The NY Jets at #9 and #13 are making me sick!

1. -51
    Average Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    how do you know he wasn't BPA? it's not your rankings, Mel Kiper's our mine it's the Jets scouting dep't.

I wanted offense, I would have been happier going O both times so I am disappointed in that but again I am not a draft expert so I can't whine too much.
    I would agree...your just an average fan!

Thank you for admitting it.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Lambs totally messed up the jest plans IMO.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers. - Voltaire

Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by utahphinsfan View Post
    The Lambs totally messed up the jest plans IMO.
    apparently in our top 4 were the 2 guys we took plus Austin & Warmack. Had Austin been available we would have taken him, good job by Buf and SL to execute the deal to allow SL to move up and take him.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Don't know why so many jets fans are up in arms. Corner was a need and milliner was pretty much the top rated cb by almost everyone. Heck, I'm pretty sure if we stayed at 12 and took him most here would be ecstatic. Guess you could argue for warmack but I'd take the high end cb over the high end guard. Sheldon Richardson may not of been the biggest need but the jets have so many holes that taking who they thought was bpa isn't a bad thing. Remember, these aren't players you are taking for just next year. They are hopefully for the next ten years. Jets need offensive players bad but I didn't see any worth taking that early.

Anyhoo, no one knows for sure until they actually play. Only then can people really determine the value of the picks
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    Don't know why so many jets fans are up in arms. Corner was a need and milliner was pretty much the top rated cb by almost everyone. Heck, I'm pretty sure if we stayed at 12 and took him most here would be ecstatic. Guess you could argue for warmack but I'd take the high end cb over the high end guard. Sheldon Richardson may not of been the biggest need but the jets have so many holes that taking who they thought was bpa isn't a bad thing. Remember, these aren't players you are taking for just next year. They are hopefully for the next ten years. Jets need offensive players bad but I didn't see any worth taking that early.

Anyhoo, no one knows for sure until they actually play. Only then can people really determine the value of the picks
    I think everyone expected we'd go O w/ at least 1 of the 2 picks which is why most are upset. we'll see in the coming years, this is a very important draft for the retooling of our team.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I think everyone expected we'd go O w/ at least 1 of the 2 picks which is why most are upset. we'll see in the coming years, this is a very important draft for the retooling of our team.

Well they definitely need offensive help but besides eifert I don't see a player worth taking that early since tavon was gone. I guess they could of traded down. This draft is very receiver deep in the 2nd and 3rd so we'll see who they nab there. If they go defense again, jets fans have a right to go ballistic. This draft might be very important to them but I think next years will be much more important.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I think Eifert at 13 would have been a great pick for the Jets. These moves, while not terrible, just strike me as treading water until they can ****can Rex in the offseason.
    "Society became divided into camps in which no man trusted his fellow. To put an end to this, there was neither promise to be depended upon, nor oath that could command respect; but all parties dwelling rather in their calculation upon the hopelessness of a permanent state of things, were more intent upon self-defence than capable of confidence." - Thucydides, probably predicting the rise of internet message boards
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    I think Eifert at 13 would have been a great pick for the Jets. These moves, while not terrible, just strike me as treading water until they can ****can Rex in the offseason.

I think it would of been a good pick too and trust me I'm really happy Austin and eifert aren't in the afc east. I'm now hoping that the pats don't get tank.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    We should all send Buddy Nix thank you cards today.
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Why not Us?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Currently Stationed Overseas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well obviously I didn't know what was going to happen when i started this thread but in hindsight I am very pleased with the way it turned out! J. Ireland avoided all the problems associated with being stuck between two Jest picks and raped the Raiders and took the best defensive player in the draft. Bravo!
    COME ON' RYAN!!!
    Quote Quote