Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New "ARKHAM" chapter

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Scranton, Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins LogoXbox Logo
Gift received at 03-18-2014, 10:36 PM from DisturbedShifty

360 New "ARKHAM" chapter

Any Batman fans ... or fans of the "ARKHAM" game series (BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM / BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY)?

Who is pumped for the 3rd chapter coming out "ARKHAM ORIGINS"?

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: New "ARKHAM" chapter

I am. These Batman games have been really good I will probably get it for PC.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Our tipster had also shared some details about multiplayer in Arkham Origins, so we reached out to a number of industry sources for confirmation. Although we were unable to corroborate the specifics, we did confirm with a second source that the game will indeed have multiplayer. (Warner Bros. declined to comment for this story.)

As for the details, according to our tipster: during at least one section of multiplayer, you play as a member of Joker or Bane's gang while trying to take down Batman and Robin. The villains involved—who may be playable and customizable—include Killer Croc, Deadshot, Firefly, Black Mask, Deathstroke, and "some kind of Electroman character," our tipster said. (Maybe Electrocutioner?)
    http://kotaku.com/batman-arkham-orig...es-s-478365060

Unconfirmed, but two sources tipped them off about it and theyve apparently been reliable in the past.

Fan of the others, though i enjoyed City more then Asylum. I know, by admitting that i expect letters of outrage.
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

Quote Originally Posted by jg772006 View Post
    Any Batman fans ... or fans of the "ARKHAM" game series (BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM / BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY)?

Who is pumped for the 3rd chapter coming out "ARKHAM ORIGINS"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    http://kotaku.com/batman-arkham-orig...es-s-478365060

Unconfirmed, but two sources tipped them off about it and theyve apparently been reliable in the past.

Fan of the others, though i enjoyed City more then Asylum. I know, by admitting that i expect letters of outrage.
    I am worried because it's not Rocksteady making the game. And the fact that they are adding multiplayer, in my opinion, will take away from a great series.

Remember. Never goto the Library without your shotgun.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    I am worried because it's not Rocksteady making the game. And the fact that they are adding multiplayer, in my opinion, will take away from a great series.

There are a couple reasons for concern. The biggest in my opinion is they didnt let Paul Dini write the thing. A complete shame. I think that was more WB then the new game company though i couldnt confirm that one way or the other. Also, last i heard Mark Hamill was done voicing the Joker.

All of that said im willing to give it a try(unless it looks very terrible). The new studio has leaned on Rocksteady alot for this coming game, especially for the combat system. And people were upset when Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect introduced their multiplayer system and those turned out very well. Perhaps, like Creed, Batman will get a very unique multiplayer system that seperates it from the competition. One can hope anyways.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    There are a couple reasons for concern. The biggest in my opinion is they didnt let Paul Dini write the thing. A complete shame. I think that was more WB then the new game company though i couldnt confirm that one way or the other. Also, last i heard Mark Hamill was done voicing the Joker.

All of that said im willing to give it a try(unless it looks very terrible). The new studio has leaned on Rocksteady alot for this coming game, especially for the combat system. And people were upset when Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect introduced their multiplayer system and those turned out very well. Perhaps, like Creed, Batman will get a very unique multiplayer system that seperates it from the competition. One can hope anyways.
    True. As for Paul Dini, he is working with Marvel on their new cartoon shows on Disney XD. He got that gig not to long after the last Arkham game. You can hear more on that if you check out Fatman on Batman podcast through Smodcast.

As for Hamill, the way he talks the only way he will comeback to do the Joker is if it is one of the DC animated movies. Specifically The Killing Joke story line. BUT, that dude loves voice acting, so I wouldn't rule it out.

As for multiplayer, you might be right. Though the series that came to mind when I was thinking of a single player franchise going multiplayer was God of War. But it didn't seem to meet the approval that Mass Effect and Creed got when they did it.

I don't know, we shall see though. I love Arkham City and this one will have a LOT to live up to.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Scranton, Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins LogoXbox Logo
Gift received at 03-18-2014, 10:36 PM from DisturbedShifty
    I got faith in this game ... probably because I am such a Batman fan. The thing I'm looking forward to the most, is seeing BLACK MASK as the primary villain. It'll be cool to see him in the spotlight for once.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks

Well now I really am debuting this game. Kevin Conroy, the voice actor for Batman (and Batman: The Animated Series, Justice League, JLU, Batman Beyond and Injustice) will NOT be returning for Batman Arkham Origins. I know this shouldn't effect my decision, but that man IS Batman to me.

Oh, and this was reported on IGN but I'm on my phone and can't provide a link right now.

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    Well now I really am debuting this game. Kevin Conroy, the voice actor for Batman (and Batman: The Animated Series, Justice League, JLU, Batman Beyond and Injustice) will NOT be returning for Batman Arkham Origins. I know this shouldn't effect my decision, but that man IS Batman to me.

Oh, and this was reported on IGN but I'm on my phone and can't provide a link right now.

Veteran voice actor Kevin Conroy, the man responsible for providing the Batman's gravelly tones in all manner of media from the classic 90s animated series to the two Arkham games, will not be returning for Batman: Arkham Origins.

That's according to the latest issue of NAG Magazine (via Arkhamverse), which reports that Warner Bros. Games Montreal has decided to enlist an unnamed voice actor to play the game's younger version of the caped crusader.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/...dc794f76000005
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks

Thank Spesh.

Quote Quote