Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone concerned with what the Patsies are doing?

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Anyone concerned with what the Patsies are doing?

I'm a big believer that the more picks you stockpile the better your chances of "hitting" in the draft. I was excited to see the Pats enter the draft with only 5 picks - as it feels like every year they have 5 or 6 in the first 3 rounds - and I believe this is one big reason why they are always competitive / class of the AFC year after year. When you look at what we are doing, we are excited because we have options with all the picks we accumulated. More picks = more options. Obvious, I know. But why do teams do these dumb trades with the Pats every year? Remember Deon Branch for a number 1 to Seattle?

The trade they executed with Minnesota burns me up - they now have 8 more picks with 4 in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Anyone else concerned here?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I'm always concerned about them. Their scouting is fantastic. They could have 1 pick in the 5th round and they would find and develop the right player. But I'm not gonna worry about who they might get, I'm going to stay concerned with who we have and who we plan on adding. If we add the right pieces here in the 2nd and 3rd, and add a LT, I feel good about our offense versus their defense. With adding Jordan, we have the ability to pressure Brady. Either put him on his ass or force bad throws with Marshall, Jones, Clemons, and Grimes in the secondary, and I'm OK with that.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fremont, Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by royalshank View Post
    I'm a big believer that the more picks you stockpile the better your chances of "hitting" in the draft. I was excited to see the Pats enter the draft with only 5 picks - as it feels like every year they have 5 or 6 in the first 3 rounds - and I believe this is one big reason why they are always competitive / class of the AFC year after year. When you look at what we are doing, we are excited because we have options with all the picks we accumulated. More picks = more options. Obvious, I know. But why do teams do these dumb trades with the Pats every year? Remember Deon Branch for a number 1 to Seattle?

The trade they executed with Minnesota burns me up - they now have 8 more picks with 4 in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Anyone else concerned here?
    No they arr competative every year because they have brady. If you look at there recent drafts its not very impressive
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Salem,Va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was surprised the Vikes didn't throw in a #1 pick next year too........I was thinking same thing that they did it again. With all this draft being meat and potatoes they might not find starters but will add depth. I guess if we start winning we can pull off these types of deals. But man did we screw the Raiders with what we gave up considering what the Rams gave up to move up.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    If you ain't first, you're last!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Tom Brady is my only worry. He is the Patriots. **** their FO and Belicheat. Brady is perfection - like him or not - you must respect him.
    "Fundamentals, technique, execution -- primary. Scheme -- secondary."

"We will incorporate an aggressive, up-tempo, attacking style in all three phases of the game."

"Our team will play with discipline, poise, and maximum effort."

"I want us to be the best tackling team in the NFL, the best team in pursuit, I want to take the ball away from other teams, I want to rattle the opposing quarterback every opportunity we get."

-- Joe Philbin 01/12

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by taldolfin View Post
    I was surprised the Vikes didn't throw in a #1 pick next year too........I was thinking same thing that they did it again. With all this draft being meat and potatoes they might not find starters but will add depth. I guess if we start winning we can pull off these types of deals. But man did we screw the Raiders with what we gave up considering what the Rams gave up to move up.
    Yeah good points. And for the record I love what we did going all the way up to #3 to grab an impact player. I just can't stand how these Pats do this year in year out! Though zach8111 suggests they haven't done so well with their picks the last few years - even with all the swings at the plate. Truth be told, I haven't studied who they selected and the Brady reason may indeed be the biggest factor. Let's hope Tanny gives us that same advantage for the next decade+!!!
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pats love to trade down. It's what they do
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I posted it earlier. From a value perspective this trade was completely fair. Pats moved down from the end of the 1st to the end of the 2nd and got a 3rd and 4th to make that move. I personally think I would rather be in the Vikings seat. It will all depend on what the Pats do in the 2nd round. If they find a way to get a Justin Hunter, Robert Woods, Keenan Allen, they made a good deal. If they end up filling another need, I would rather be in the Vikings shoes b/c I think Patterson would have really helped the Pats and I think he makes a big impact in Minny.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not worried at all. The player they get with the 2nd the Vikings gave them will likely not be as good as the player they passed up, and they player they take in the 3rd is not likely to have any significant impact ever. I'm glad we traded up for a change. You need top talent.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Up until that mugging when he remembered he actually was "Rick Spielman," he was performing uncharacteristically well.

Quote Quote