Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going on a Diet.

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boynton Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo

Going on a Diet.

so im 26 and Ive noticeably gained like 5 pounds a year since i was about 18..

my girlfriend thinks i should diet her idea is Excercise and eating healthy. im like "yo i work out side i dont want to go back out there"

So i told her I will diet.. i usually drink 3-4 days a week probably 6-10 beers. Now since im dieting i do all the same things I did before minus alcohol. But now i smoke
    weed everyday instead.

I just want verification that what im doing is healthy and im not crazy.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That's a start. Losing those beer calories should help. They say you should eat 3500 calories less in a week to lose 1 pound. However, you need to some serious cardio + weight training if you plan to lose significant weight. Not sure how much smoking weed helps/hurts.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Put down your weed and hit the gym. Get on that treadmill and run yourself to death. 5 miles minimum.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Going on a Diet.

Water...water...water and more water...drink as much water as possible...try to cut as much salt as possible as well...so you will get maximum sweat by doing ur regular work...also if you can wear an extra layer of clothing that helps too...try and skip things like mayo and cheese too..
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Join a good crossfit gym. It'll suck the first month or two but you'll get in the best shape of you're life and the lbs will come right off
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Smoking weed will give you the munchies thus thwarting your diet.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weston
    Thanks / No Thanks
    what you should do is hit the gym,simple explanation the more muscle mass you have the more calories a day your body will burn...........so dont forget to train your legs as they are the biggest muscle groups in your body

also do not get suckered into the artificial sweetener thing,besides them not being good for you they spike your metabolism and pretty soon you are craving food again

if you are serious about getting healthy you should put the weed down for the time being and really give 100% into this,remember the is not a vacation but a lifestyle and being healthy and feeling really good are so worth the temporary buzz that weed and beer provide

good luck with this
    Just about any day that you are hiking is A good day
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good luck. I went to the ER on Feb. 11th.....my whole body was hurting like I had a kidney stone....it felt like I was being stabbed in my lower back and like I was getting a bear hug around the lower ribs and my right arm was tingling and hurting. I spent about six hours there and got x-rays but they couldn't find a kidney stone. They just gave me some pain killers. I weighed around 240 pounds...and I am 6'1".

I decided that I was going to start dieting and working out. I jog for about a half hour every day, and I cut out sodas, fast food, sugar, and cut back on bread. I am now at 211 pounds and feel much better. I have lost 29 pounds in about ten weeks. I have been losing around 3 pounds a week. I probably eat about 1000 to 1200 calories a day. I was pretty hungry all the time when I started dieting and I hated to work out. I would get winded just walking up the stairs, but after 2-3 weeks I started feeling better. It took a little while to see weight coming off. I had a 38 inch waist....but now have about a 34 waist....my jeans were falling off of me, so I got about five new pairs. The nice thing is I am sleeping better, I have much more energy. My stomach feels better and no more beer gut. I am hoping to get down to around 190 by the Summer. I eat smaller meals but eat more often...like five times a day. I eat lots of tuna fish, lean chicken, fruit, salads, and more veggies. I drink more water, and the important part...I stop when I feel full. At nigt if I get hungry I eat apples, bananas and granola bars. I try to keep moving & spend less time sitting.

Best of luck......just get started and after a while you will see results.

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Superbowl MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    College Station, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nice man, I love people who take the initiative to eat better and improve their lifestyle choices. Weed is definitely much healthier than alcohol, as long as you're able to control the munchies. The battle for a good diet really starts when you're at the grocery store. If you're able to resist buying junk food, you will not have junk food to eat at home. Sounds simple but many people don't do this. It's going to suck when you are really feeling some chips but the pantry is empty but it forces you to not eat it.

You and your girlfriend should alternate cooking responsibilities, it will save some money and you will feel much healthier. Always go for whole grains and things with complex carbs... Always get down with brown and don't get the white bread or rice. Eating foods that have a low glycemic index is important.

I'm glad you're dropping the beers. Did you mean you drink 6-10 beers per sitting or is that your combined total for the week? If thats your typical consumption per sitting thats going to be a huge improvement. Combined with a better diet you should be looking good. Exercise is important, but if I had to choose between exercise or diet I will always go diet. Ideally you would do both, of course. Diet alone may not drop pounds quickly but your body will feel much better as it clears the clog and becomes better hydrated once you drop the drinking.
    God Bless Palestine
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo 90 View Post
    what you should do is hit the gym,simple explanation the more muscle mass you have the more calories a day your body will burn...........so dont forget to train your legs as they are the biggest muscle groups in your body

also do not get suckered into the artificial sweetener thing,besides them not being good for you they spike your metabolism and pretty soon you are craving food again

if you are serious about getting healthy you should put the weed down for the time being and really give 100% into this,remember the is not a vacation but a lifestyle and being healthy and feeling really good are so worth the temporary buzz that weed and beer provide

good luck with this
    Blasphemy!
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Quote