Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ok ok, Ryan Swope Ryan Swope Ryan Swope.......

1. -1
    STUD

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoDolphins HomerDolphinTannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo

Ok ok, Ryan Swope Ryan Swope Ryan Swope.......

That's all I'm reading on this board for weeks. Looking at this stats myself and listening to all the "TV" draft gurus, Swope is not even in the conversation of being drafted before the 5th or 6th round.

Being that we have so many other needs first before WR(we did address it in FA) why are so many people dying to get this guy before the 4th round???? Just because he has history with Tanny doesn't mean it will transition to the NFL, right? And aren't there more talented WR's to be had before him???

listen, I'm not against picking the guy but aren't there better WR's left? And don't we still have a few more pressing needs at this point? Be honest, if we do address WR, wouldn't we want to go after a speedster to groom behind Wallace????

would love to hear from the posters who seem to know more than Ireland and all the other draft pro's who get paid to do this for a living. Not knocking anyone here but since so many here know that Jeff has already screwed up the draft before these players have actually played, I would seriously like to have these questions answered. Everything I have read about this guy Swope, we shouldn't even be looking at him until like the 6th round.

Thanks for the time.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Swope and Patton are the best available, IMO.
    2014 Mock Draft

1. Zack Martin - OT/OG - Notre Dame
    2. Chris Borland - ILB - Wisconsin
    3. C.J. Fiedeorowicz - TE - Iowa
    4. Trai Turner - OG - LSU
    5. Brandon Thomas - OT/OG - Clemson
    6. Storm Johnson - RB - South Florida
    7. Calvin Barnett - DT - Oklahoma State

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Dion Sims might help RT too.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins must take Patton he will be a great slot wr
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Sorry Im just not all excited about Swope.

I see Swope's celing as a solid role player. We already have a handful of decent WRs. We needed another STUD at WR, you know....... like Stedman Bailey. At this point Swope is a wasted pick as we have other areas we could use solid role players where we need depth or borderline starters.

You also have to consider Swope's head injuries. Could he actually last as a 2 catch per game role player who makes the occasional big gainer down the middle?

We need depth and role players at cornfed, TE, DB still, RB, and LB. We could also use some special teamers. This is what we need to find with the rest of our draft. We also need a K and there are 2 studs out there. Take one of them and find some quality depth at those other spots. Take several cornfed and hope to find a gem that could blossom into a solid starter.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No thank you on swope. Thats a wasted pick imo. i really dont see how swope is an upgrade over bess. We might as well keep bess and use the pick on someone else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53zdxvajCEs
    ^^^Witness the greatest ever^^^
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Lil Qweezy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post

I see Swope's celing as a solid role player. We already have a handful of decent WRs. We needed another STUD at WR, you know....... like Stedman Bailey. At this point Swope is a wasted pick as we have other areas we could use solid role players where we need depth or borderline starters.

You also have to consider Swope's head injuries. Could he actually last as a 2 catch per game role player who makes the occasional big gainer down the middle?

We need depth and role players at cornfed, TE, DB still, RB, and LB. We could also use some special teamers. This is what we need to find with the rest of our draft. We also need a K and there are 2 studs out there. Take one of them and find some quality depth at those other spots. Take several cornfed and hope to find a gem that could blossom into a solid starter.
    I enjoy your posts but the fact that you have Nick Saban as your av makes you lose a lot of credibility.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think you all are forgetting the Tannehill-Swope connection they had in college. Really good duo.

The FO may want to continue that.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post

THIS! Unless it is patton, I don't think we should even bother with swope and all his concussions. I would love to get lattimore. Something about that kid just tells me he is not finished yet. But yea I am sure there are better WR out there than Swope.

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by broccoli rob View Post
    I enjoy your posts but the fact that you have Nick Saban as your av makes you lose a lot of credibility.
    Well I guess I shouldn't have to post either since I have brandon marshall on my sig huh. Thats ridiculous.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Lil Qweezy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phins117 View Post

Well I guess I shouldn't have to post either since I have brandon marshall on my sig huh. Thats ridiculous.
    You are going to compare Brandon Marshall to Nick Saban and what he did to the Dolphins? THAT is ridiculous.

I never said WVDolphan shouldn't post...I think hes very knowledgeable and I said I ENJOY his post. Having Nick Saban as your av is just a little trolly, thats all.
    Quote Quote