Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: With One Pick Left Barring Something Unforeseen....

1. -21
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MercMan View Post
    Spesh, you apparently didn't get the memo. The consensus is that we are loaded with playmakers and WR is just a luxury. We'll somehow find a way to score 30 points a game simply by scaring the other teams into submission with the excellence of our Special Teams unit.
    Dude.... not even lol

Me and like maybe 2 other people were the ONLY ones that were saying receiver is not a need. Everybody was on the 'top receiver draft pick' bandwagon.
    2014 Mock Draft

1. Zack Martin - OT/OG - Notre Dame
    2. Chris Borland - ILB - Wisconsin
    3. C.J. Fiedeorowicz - TE - Iowa
    4. Trai Turner - OG - LSU
    5. Brandon Thomas - OT/OG - Clemson
    6. Storm Johnson - RB - South Florida
    7. Calvin Barnett - DT - Oklahoma State

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MercMan View Post
    Spesh, you apparently didn't get the memo. The consensus is that we are loaded with playmakers and WR is just a luxury. We'll somehow find a way to score 30 points a game simply by scaring the other teams into submission with the excellence of our Special Teams unit.

Cant forget how we'll block our way into 30 points behind our wall of offensive lineman. I mean, drafting offensive lineman is the shrewd investment, its well known you need 8 lineman on the field at all times.

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ITS!MATEO View Post
    Dude.... not even lol

Me and like maybe 2 other people were the ONLY ones that were saying receiver is not a need. Everybody was on the 'top receiver draft pick' bandwagon.
    Some of us believe the draft is about getting the best talent possible and not plugging up the needs of the moment.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post

Cant forget how we'll block our way into 30 points behind our wall of offensive lineman. I mean, drafting offensive lineman is the shrewd investment, its well known you need 8 lineman on the field at all times.

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Some of us believe the draft is about getting the best talent possible and not plugging up the needs of the moment.
    I understand that, but like I said before.. There was only 1 spot to fill and it wasn't a starting position. I don't even think there was anyone in this draft that would have beat out Matthews, let alone Hartline or Gibson...
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Yessir View Post
    They project to play Dallas on the left side, so he's is not a right tackle candidate. Right now if had to play tommorow, Will Yeatman would be a our starting right tackle.
    Actually I think Nate Garner would be projected at RT right now.

Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks

Significant improvements been made on each side of the ball. We have more weapons on both offense and defense. Now, my only hope is that those weapons mesh well with what we are trying to accomplish. As for the best talent possible/not plugging up the needs of the moment mindset, it's a very fine line to walk. You can't simply go for the best talent and nor can you draft simply based on need. You have to do a little of both...

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Actually I think Nate Garner would be projected at RT right now.
    I would not rule out John Jerry being an option....
    ~~~~~~~

The rhythm of life is a jazz rhythm.

-Langston Hughes

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Marques Wilson is a WR prospect with alot of potential and was considered to be a 2nd-3rd round type player before he quite on his team. He came to Miami for a pre draft visit. Perhaps they take a flyer on him at pick #250.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfan91 View Post
    Marques Wilson is a WR prospect with alot of potential and was considered to be a 2nd-3rd round type player before he quite on his team. He came to Miami for a pre draft visit. Perhaps they take a flyer on him at pick #250.
    Rogers is also still available but I really wonder what it is about him that caused so many teams to back off? I know that he has been a bit of a knucklehead. Is he truly that bad of a character concern?
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ebozzz View Post
    Significant improvements been made on each side of the ball. We have more weapons on both offense and defense. Now, my only hope is that those weapons mesh well with what we are trying to accomplish. As for the best talent possible/not plugging up the needs of the moment mindset, it's a very fine line to walk. You can't simply go for the best talent and nor can you draft simply based on need. You have to do a little of both...
    I'll agree we have improved this franchise this offseason. We havent improved it to the degree we need to in order to be a playoff contender. And we very much had the opportunity to become one.

Other then Dion Jordan(which was an exceptional pick) and Ryan Tannehill, it could be argued that this team isnt better then our 2011 team which went 6-10. Now those players will undoubtably get us a better record then the '11 team, but without supplying Tannehill the proper weapons to be successful we wont become the consistent winner we undoubtably want to be.

I disagree you cant take the best talent. At least for a franchise in the shape we are in. Perhaps when our roster is overflowing with talent we can start reaching for need, but until then other teams have shown the best way to win is to get as many good players as possible. Either way, even if im 100% dead wrong, we could have walked the line you are talking about. There were players who dropped to us that could have fulfilled both need and talent. We unfortunately decided against selecting them.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It tells me Miami has a lot of faith in Lamar Miller and thinks they can sign Eric Winston on the cheap.

I didnt expect us to go WR early, I wanted Bailey and would of been pissed had they passed on Allen, but he was taken right before us. Taylor and Jordan picks were Fabulous, I think Ireland passed up some talent in rd 3, rd 4 guys bring some speed and fill needs. Overall I give Ireland an A for the 1st two rds and a C- for rds 3-5. Probably overall a B- for the entire draft.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It tells me Jeff Ireland misjudged the talent we have on this roster. Yet again, Ireland vastly overrates the receivers we have and, yet again, passes on an opportunity to improve this roster in a deep receiving class.

This receiving core didnt have enough weapons when we had Brandon Marshall, Brian Hartline, and Davone Bess. We dont have enough weapons with Mike Wallace, Brian Hartline, and Brandon Gibson. Not even close. Even if we kept Bess(a roleplayer) we needed a weapon.

This will reappear during the season. We wont be scoring the amount people expect(at least not from our receivers).
    And what NFL team do you work for that qualifies you to make such absurd criticisms? You (as most of us) know next to nothing compared to the FO of EVERY organization in the league. In fact, its not even close. The coaches see these players in practice, in the weight room and in the film room. They know what the roster needs more than any of the armchair GM's that post on this site.
    WR was NOT a need in this draft. It would have been a luxury pick.
    If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
    Quote Quote