Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We needed...

1. -21
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think the coaching staff must be pretty high on the young WR's we added last year based on how this draft has unfolded
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by N air ON ground View Post
    During the Super Bowl everyone was talking about how fast and young the 49ers team was. Miami is building the same kind of team, with all our picks you keep hearing key terms (speed, good foot work, smart, upside, athletic) that's what has me hopeful
    Exactly. Just watch the Titans game last year. The team looked like a bunch of old tired men last year. This year they are going to be all over the field.

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I love the positions they filled but I'm clueless on the WR part. If this was the first time Ireland did this, I'd chalk it up to "he has a plan." The thing is, he did this a few years ago when there were a lot of tight ends coming off the board and we drafted none. Binns and Matthews better step it up or they'll be bracketing Wallace all day left, right, and center.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sixzero View Post
    Thank you OP! As Nublar and Vaark articulated, you can't set your self up for failure and expect our front office to draft players based on the stamp of approval from Mel Kiper. Oh your not pleased with this draft because we didn't draft Swope? We passed up on Keenan Allen? Give me a break... The front office has done a hell of a job this off-season to put us in a position to succeed. Since Philbin was hired we have been moving in the right direction. No reason to stop trusting them now. We filled our needs as J. Ireland said we would... We can't go wide receiver, tight end, and running back every round.
    Allen wasn't really passed up on. He was off the board when Miami picked in rd 3.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ireland did just fine. Can't wait for the rookie camp.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like the draft picks. I'm more bummed about losing Reggie Bush than addressing the remaining holes. I just don't see how we replaced his play-making / scoring abilities. Wallace in, Bush out = same TD production. Having both of those guys would have been great. My point is we still need more playmakers - more guys who can put points on the board. We are showing a lot of belief in Miller. I hope the FO is right!

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by N air ON ground View Post
    I think the coaching staff must be pretty high on the young WR's we added last year based on how this draft has unfolded
    I hope not. They all sucked eggs.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami,Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolph N.Fan View Post
    Allen wasn't really passed up on. He was off the board when Miami picked in rd 3.
    Sheet if 7-9 and signing players to one yr contracts creating more holes next yr and not adding more weapons on offense a good thing then Ireland is the best.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Anchorage, AK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't remember the last time I was this excited about our team.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Look this draft was primarily about defense. We now are a young fast extremely deep defense. A lot of the players drafted offer versatility, Dion Jordan can play OLB or DE, Jamar Taylor can play CB and rush the passer extremely well, even Davis can play outside or nickel. Going into offseason we were extremely thin at LB, now we have a lot of depth and versatility, plus they all excel at rushing the passer. CB, we are now 5 deep. DE just added an element we didn't have last year in jordan rushing the passer as a stand up rusher or with his hand in the dirt. We are going to be scary and be able to confuse teams because you never are going to know who is rushing.

As for offense, I really didn't see the need to draft a receiver, even after the Bess trade. TBH I thought that Matthews would give us the same production as Bess would this year, and Matthews is younger cheaper and not limited to purely slot duties. People are upset we didn't draft a receiver which is understandable, however there really weren't that many good receivers available. O-line, D-line, and defensive back were the strengths of this draft. WR was arguably the weakest position after QB. We definitely needed a TE, Keller, Sims, Egnew will probably all make the team and Clay will be our H-back. I expect Winston, Clabo, or another veteran tackle to be added in the next few days to sure up the offensive line. The veteran probably would have been better than any tackle in this draft outside the first 2 rounds.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bayonne, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Very good draft.....everything is riding on Tanny's development though..............If he does not take the next step then none of this matters.......I think he will though.....
    Quote Quote