Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CB Will Davis

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Player CB Will Davis

I bashed this pick because I was upset to see us not address the WR position... yes this guy had 17 pass deflections so ball skills are evident... Coyle has a knack for developing DBs.... even managed to make Gibril Wilson serviceable (deserves an Arthur Ash Award or Noble Peace Prize) so this guy has potential... however he will not be playing a lot as I see Grimes and Taylor the starters with Marshall and Patterson battle for the Nickel spot as well as a roster spot.... Davis has potential and I let my anger get the best of me last night.... was this our worst pick of the draft? yes. was this worse than egghead? NO. Coyle got career years out of RJ and Clemons... this guy only started playing football his senior year of HS and played 2 years at JUCO so he hasn't been coached well at all... that said he is still a ***** that is afraid to tackle...
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He is still is **** IMO
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Superbowl MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    College Station, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Considering what we gave up to get him and the other players available I still think it was the worst pick of this draft. Obviously I hope he becomes a legitimate starter but for now I'm not too happy.
    God Bless Palestine
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fanfin View Post
    I bashed this pick because I was upset to see us not address the WR position... yes this guy had 17 pass deflections so ball skills are evident... Coyle has a knack for developing DBs.... even managed to make Gibril Wilson serviceable (deserves an Arthur Ash Award or Noble Peace Prize) so this guy has potential... however he will not be playing a lot as I see Grimes and Taylor the starters with Marshall and Patterson battle for the Nickel spot as well as a roster spot.... Davis has potential and I let my anger get the best of me last night.... was this our worst pick of the draft? yes. was this worse than egghead? NO. Coyle got career years out of RJ and Clemons... this guy only started playing football his senior year of HS and played 2 years at JUCO so he hasn't been coached well at all... that said he is still a ***** that is afraid to tackle...
    That is what im afraid of.... u can teach technique but u cant teach toughness and balls... If he is a P*ssy now he will be a P*ssy in 2-3 years and will never be a big time player because he will play soft and scared
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    But then again Sean Smith was also a ***** for his size
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PlexGod View Post
    That is what im afraid of.... u can teach technique but u cant teach toughness and balls... If he is a P*ssy now he will be a P*ssy in 2-3 years and will never be a big time player because he will play soft and scared
    Hate to use a Parcells quote but... "If they don't bite when they are pups, they probably won't bite."
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    if it makes you feel better, TedSlimmJr had Davis ranked in the top 10 of corners in the draft, and worthy of a 3rd round grade....( yes I dug through all his posts to find his positional rankings from like 1.5 months ago ). Makes me feel better anyway
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I haven't seen enough of him to pass judgement. BUT I have seen some of his matchup with Quinton Patton that people keep bringing up. He got toasted in the 2nd half...after they were up a ton and it was clear he was just going through the motions. But in the first half...he pretty much locked him up. Seems like the physical tools are there...just needs to refine his technique and stay focused. Potential is there....I would have went a different direction but Im not going to write the kid off before he even straps up
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dunno, too many late round WR's have this guy in their highlight reels. Hopefully he proves us wrong, but Ireland panicked and that never leads to good things.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiDolphin618 View Post
    I haven't seen enough of him to pass judgement. BUT I have seen some of his matchup with Quinton Patton that people keep bringing up. He got toasted in the 2nd half...after they were up a ton and it was clear he was just going through the motions. But in the first half...he pretty much locked him up. Seems like the physical tools are there...just needs to refine his technique and stay focused. Potential is there....I would have went a different direction but Im not going to write the kid off before he even straps up
    Whoa whoa here, too many people are trying to use that "facts" and "logic" thinking that often does not fly around here.

To be honest, my question on game with Patton and Davis is simple, who won the game? Did Davis's team win or did Patton's?

Reminds me of the debate you used to have with B Marshall lovers. They would say that he had 21 catches in one game! Yea, I remark, but they lost the game.
    Quote Quote