Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I see the strategy

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

FIST PUMP TAG I see the strategy

While everyone is caught up in only signing offensive playmakers, the dolphins actually get it. You need playmakers on both sides of the ball and we only had ONE (cam wake) and maybe R. jones! Now we've added 4 more in grimes, Jordan and the two CB. Looks like the plan was to add offensive playmakers in FA and defensive playmakers via draft. Why? Because rookie Playmakers (WR, TE ) take a couple of years to develop and so better to get proven commodities via FA there. While defensive playmakers have more of an impact early (Aldon Smith, Von Miller) so better to get playmakers there. I know we added two FA LB but I'm not sure i can call them playmakers at this point.

Could we use a 4th WR?? Yea maybe but there are more ways to score points in this league. Great defense turns the ball over which makes it easier for the offense to score. We won't have to go 80 yards every drive to score like in years past. I think the strategy is brilliant. I can see us making a run in two years. We're not going to beat The patriots by getting in a shoot out because they have Brady and we don't, so we need to find other ways to score or make it easier on our offense. Offseason Grade... A+
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    wish we would have got swopes and poyer, but im ok with the draft, and agree we need more playmakers on both sides of the ball
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They spent this draft going for speed. Especially on defense. We haven't been getting turnovers, and the speed should help.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    In Dawn We Trust!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Connecticut
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I definitely agree. I also like our flexibility on defense. I can see us trying to confuse Brady with players lining up in different positions.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dion Jordon might have his hand on the ball more then swope would..........
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Phin fan since 1970!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    strategy equals get explosive playmakers.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fininpsl View Post
    They spent this draft going for speed. Especially on defense. We haven't been getting turnovers, and the speed should help.
    Amen, been talking for years about total lack of team speed. Now our number 1 WR is faster as is our 2nd WR and so is our 3rd over last season. Our starting TE is much faster. Our RB corps is fast. Our DEs are now faster, our total LBing corp is faster, our secondary is now faster. Damn, our kicker is faster.......

speed kills, now we can kill more............

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sinPHIN View Post
    wish we would have got swopes and poyer, but im ok with the draft, and agree we need more playmakers on both sides of the ball
    I don't know man.. Many here wanted swope in the 2nd 3rd round... But he didn't get picked until the 6th. That scares me. What do they know that we don't??
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Im not utterly upset on this picks.
    But, I feel much better if they replace will davis pick for Patton.

You're right on quicker impact from defensive side, but for that reason they should groom a WR cause it takes time.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just look at the Dolphins compared to last season from a another team's view.

Last season we used our best corner to cover Hartline who still had his best season. The Dolphins only had Bess on the other side and almost no slot WR (look a our stats).

Now we have to cover Mike Wallace with our best and a safety and leave Hartline on our 2nd best corner defending his island. And now the Dolphin have Gibson in the slot and Keller instead of Fasono at TE. Now we have to really worry about both of those players. And they picked up a good TE who can block, we are going to see a lot of 2 TEs against them.

Also, Their QB Tannehill is no longer a rookie, their passing game went from something we could manage to something we have to fear.

They lost Jake Long but Martin has had a season and their new RT is playing well. it gives them bookends for 10 years which sucks for us.

On defense they got a lot faster. They are now going to have one of the fastest pairs of pass rushers in the NFL so we need to work extra on our protection that week. No more just having to worry about Cam Wake.

Their LBing corp also got younger and faster and they added the best coverage LB in the draft. TEs, you are going to have more of a problem getting open. And we will have to worry more about blitzes while at the same time the rush from just their front four has gotten a lot better.

Their secondary is younger and faster. And they added the veteran Grimes. they recovered quickly after losing V Davis and s smith.

and their kicker is better, we are going to have to take more risk to keep them out of scoring range.

All and all, we look better.

p.s. forgot my tank

Quote Quote