Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Coulda snagged Swope and we take............

1. -51
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The concusion rule has alot of teams worried.Last year was just the beginning of the heavy hand the NFL has on teams.Not counting the new head shot rules for RB's etc.Miami is either worried a lot about Swope's repeated issues or they are comfortable with who we have or a combination of them both.

My first guess is Thigpen will play a lot more of a role in the slot this year not counting other offensive plays.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    I wanted Swope too I gotta admit, but his concussion issues was always at the back of my mind. Obviously our staff (and the rest of the league for that matter) were aware of his concussion problems as well. To see him fall that hard to the sixth round has gotta raise a few red flags. He's going to a very hard hitting division in the NFC West so it'll be interesting to see how well he holds up.

As far as Sturgis, maybe he was drafted a bit high for some fans' likings, but his track record does speak for itself. The guy made 85 percent of his kicks last year include quite a few that split the uprights from over 50 yards. He's also great on kickoffs...close to half of them resulting in touchbacks during his senior year. He's basically had an NFL leg in colllege! The best part is if he can earn the job this season, he'll save us 2+ million by cutting Carp.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Lookin' for Lee Ho Fooks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kings Park, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mexican phin View Post
    Some people dont understand the importance of a good kicker, just think about the number of games that were decide by a fg. Im Ok with the pic.
    A good example might be the 1990 NFC Championship game that the Giants won by a score of 15-13 over SF.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan10x14 View Post
    I wanted Swope too I gotta admit, but his concussion issues was always at the back of my mind. Obviously our staff (and the rest of the league for that matter) were aware of his concussion problems as well. To see him fall that hard to the sixth round has gotta raise a few red flags. He's going to a very hard hitting division in the NFC West so it'll be interesting to see how well he holds up.

As far as Sturgis, maybe he was drafted a bit high for some fans' likings, but his track record does speak for itself. The guy made 85 percent of his kicks last year include quite a few that split the uprights from over 50 yards. He's also great on kickoffs...close to half of them resulting in touchbacks during his senior year. He's basically had an NFL leg in colllege! The best part is if he can earn the job this season, he'll save us 2+ million by cutting Carp.
    This post is spot on

Quote Quote  

5. -55
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Well FinHeaven really overrated Swope.

Dude was a slot WR in college, those guys with a few exceptions barely get drafted. We just signed 3. Slot WRs as UDFAs who have the same 40 time as Swope, duck one dude had a unofficial of 4.1. We upgraded the slot position with a UDFA.

Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks

Coulda snagged Swope and we take............

If Carp makes those 2 FG's we were in playoff contention. Big difference between 9-7 Wildcard and 7-9 also rans.

---------- Post added at 06:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 AM ----------

I firmly believe the large majority of the Swope love is based on him playing with Tannehill at A&M. Nothing else.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    Well FinHeaven really overrated Swope.

Dude was a slot WR in college, those guys with a few exceptions barely get drafted. We just signed 3. Slot WRs as UDFAs who have the same 40 time as Swope, duck one dude had a unofficial of 4.1. We upgraded the slot position with a UDFA.
    He had 1200 yards and 11 touchdowns in a season with Tannehill throwing to him. He is no normal slot, especially for a team with Tannehill

Injuries seem to be the reason though, and looking at a guy like Best miss a full season and a half, I dont blame any team for passing. Though I would of taken a flier.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    We should have taken a WR. Bailey or Allen were available in the third. No brainer. Instead we take a corner that just about every analyst I've read thinks is kind of a project. Come on.

That said, let's see how this shakes out. I think we actually made a solid second round pick this year and that makes me happy.
    Good point I really....really wanted Allen however, the Chargers stole him at pick #76 and the Phinz picked at 77 (so we had no shot) thus we were forced to take the LAST somewhat decent OL left in the draft IMHO at that time. The more I look into Davis I almost like him. In general, I almost think that he has some potential but who knows we will see in the near future. At least we can cut some of those dead weight--crap CBs we had last year.
    Quote Quote