Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 58

Thread: Coulda snagged Swope and we take............

  1. -11
    rainmaker1313's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    4,499
    vCash:
    1049
    Loc:
    Seattle
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TwahLah View Post
    I assume you didn't watch the draft...
    watched rounds 1-4 religiously, didnt watch it today, hence why I am leaving a discussion on what my 1 thought was after just reveiwing the late rounds and all I get are these wise- crack azz experts here
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    nick1's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2004
    Posts:
    12,090
    vCash:
    604
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    We should have taken a WR. Bailey or Allen were available in the third. No brainer. Instead we take a corner that just about every analyst I've read thinks is kind of a project. Come on.

    That said, let's see how this shakes out. I think we actually made a solid second round pick this year and that makes me happy.
    I agree there but we take a WR in the 3rd, I am very happy with this kicker. Carpenter had to go and for the author of the thread, it matters because he wouldnt have lasted until the 7th. you know how many picks went by between our 5th and our 7th? close to 50 or 60


    correction... 84 players went between the 2 picks you had to take the best kicker in the draft in the 5th because he would not have lasted 84 more picks
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    NewCoachPlease's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2004
    Posts:
    362
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Delaware
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If it was up to finheaven fans we would have reached for a 6th round value of swopes in the 3rd round and most people would have been happy.
    It is odd that I got this name in 2004 and it is still relevant to this day. Prove me wrong TS!
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    LtDan's Avatar
    I am a Dan but not a Lt.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    7,460
    vCash:
    1066
    Loc:
    Eglin AFB (Ft.Walton Beach Fl.)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rainmaker1313 View Post
    a PK??????????????????

    Couldn't of we gotten the PK in next round?????

    Thats my main peeve of this draft really!!!!
    Well....I am guessing we didn't want him. End of story
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    Vaark's Avatar
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    20,578
    vCash:
    20680
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Damn, how many times was it you say that Belikcheat could have taken Wes Welker's heir apparent (and didn't either?) I lost count. Maybe no room on their sidelines to set up a Triage, ya think?






    "Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    rainmaker1313's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    4,499
    vCash:
    1049
    Loc:
    Seattle
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Swope ddint play wirh Tannehill and had a great year with him, I wouldnt of been interested, it looked as if their was chemistry and comfortable-ness playing together!

    ---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

    Are their any Dolphans who can just make a case instead of being an ignorant smart azz jack???????
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    Twitches Brew's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2010
    Posts:
    1,208
    vCash:
    1499
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rainmaker1313 View Post
    watched rounds 1-4 religiously, didnt watch it today, hence why I am leaving a discussion on what my 1 thought was after just reveiwing the late rounds and all I get are these wise- crack azz experts here
    Is that your dog?
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    rainmaker1313's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    4,499
    vCash:
    1049
    Loc:
    Seattle
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nick1 View Post
    I agree there but we take a WR in the 3rd, I am very happy with this kicker. Carpenter had to go and for the author of the thread, it matters because he wouldnt have lasted until the 7th. you know how many picks went by between our 5th and our 7th? close to 50 or 60


    correction... 84 players went between the 2 picks you had to take the best kicker in the draft in the 5th because he would not have lasted 84 more picks
    Thanks, finally a good answer and response

    ---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Twitches Brew View Post
    Is that your dog?
    she was my dog, died last year, got something to say about it????
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    319
    vCash:
    1309
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I seriously don't understand all the man crush love for Ryan Swope on this board. He's a nice player, but, even without the concussion issues that pushed him down the draft board, he was never an elite prospect. He was a 3rd round type of talent, according to most pundits.

    People need to get over the fact that the Dolphins didn't want to draft him and stop acting as though they missed out on a sure fire pro bowl player. The kid was drafted in the 6th round, which shows that most teams agreed with the Dolphins analysis.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    Dr. Phin's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    7,101
    vCash:
    10893
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The guy ran like a 4.35...you always have to be interested in that!

    But I guess we needed a ****ing kicker more!!!
    "May the acorns rest in peace..."
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda...........
    By mfinsrule1 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-07-2012, 05:39 PM
  2. Merged: Pennington deal snagged by no-trade clause
    By Arsenal WV in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 03:10 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 12:19 PM
  4. The shoulda, woulda, coulda's
    By Bonedoc7777 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-04-2005, 10:57 AM
  5. We coulda won if....
    By Prime Time in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-06-2002, 04:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •