Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SportingNews Draft Grades

1. -1
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo

Draft SportingNews Draft Grades

Draft grades just hours, days or even weeks after the draft are mostly useless. No one really knows how these classes will turn out, but people seem to still be interested in "grading" drafts. While I don't really care too much about media draft grades for drafts that just ended, I know some are. I came across SportingNews' draft grades, so here they are for those that are interested.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...teelers-eagles

Miami Dolphins: They didn't find their left tackle, either, whether drafting him or trading for Kansas City's Branden Albert. But the Dolphins get a break for how much they upgraded their pass defense. Moving up for Oregon defensive end Dion Jordan got them a daunting edge pass rusher to play off Cameron Wake. Speedy Boise State second-round corner Jamar Taylor can make big plays on the ball. Tennessee third-rounder Dallas Thomas can compete to start on the offensive line. Michigan State tight end Dion Sims and Florida running back Mike Gillislee are good complementary skill players.

Grade: B+
    New England Patriots: For not having a first-rounder, they had a decent haul in the No. 52-102 range. They needed to hit on outside receivers to better stretch the field for Tom Brady, and Marshall's speedy Aaron Dobson and TCU's physical Josh Boyce did the trick. After taking Chandler Jones last year, Bill Belcihick got another talented sack artist in Southern Miss' Jamie Collins. Belichick is in tune with Rutgers, but the Scarlet Knight secondary combination of Logan Ryan and Duron Harmon were reaches.

Grade: B-
    Buffalo Bills: The Bills were all about going back to the drawing board with their passing game. The centerpiece is Florida State quarterback EJ Manuel, but coach Doug Marrone and his staff have their work cut out to turn him into a polished, athletic passer. They also will try to get Manuel on the same page with the receivers they took for him, USC possession-type Robert Woods and Texas speedster Marquise Goodwin. Their best pick for the present was on defense, Oregon inside linebacker Kiko Alonso. Offensively, there's a lot of potential but more shaky unknown.

Grade: C
    New York Jets: Their entire draft will ride on just how good West Virgnia's Geno Smith will be as their starting quarterback, and there's reason to believe the pairing will be quite bumpy. In essence, they swapped out Darrelle Revis for Alabama's Dee Milliner at cornerback, but wasted the No. 13 they got for Revis by taking Sheldon Richardson, a tackle better suited for the 4-3, not Rex Ryan's 3-4. It was a shaky start for John Idzik.

Grade: D

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    nice!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    A lot of love for the Jamar Taylor pick from a lot of different places.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clearwater, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    WTF a D? This guy is clearly a Jets homer, that's way too high.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Miamifinz View Post
    WTF a D? This guy is clearly a Jets homer, that's way too high.
    Haha, right?!!

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    sounds about right.....this being "smart" about football decisions could work.......
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Draft grades are so ridiculous this early. Look at last year...we were blasted for "over drafting" Tannehill and now it seems we have our QB of the future. Everyone has differing opinions..and until these guys start playing its unfair to grade them out.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Jets draft was odd. For a team that really needed to upgrade the talent on the offensive side, New York didn't achieve that. Milliner is a nice pick and that makes sense after losing Revis. But the Jets were in a great position to take Eifert, who would have been a perfect guy to take some pressure off the quarterback. Smith will likely be a bust.

I liked the Dobson pick by New England. I wanted him in Miami. I think Manuel was the right choice for Buffalo. They should have taken Wheaton over Goodwin.

Ireland hit a home run with his first two picks. After that, I'm not so sure. I do like the Sims pick as a nice complement to Keller. Thomas is solid, but would have preferred Wheaton there.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would give our draft a B+ as well. The only pick I didn't live was the Davis pick, but I trust Coyle and the staff.

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    from SB nation

Jets fans get another quarterback with plenty of question marks ... and they sure are happy about it.

Seriously, I haven't seen people this thrilled since the Berlin Wall came down. Tim Tebow, Mark Sanchez, the red headed kid nobody will remember in four months and now Geno Smith.

Go Jets!

was that Junc in the background of that last one ?

Dion Jordan could get 20 sacks just in our division with NY and Buffalo bring in fresh meat at QB
    Quote Quote