Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: We are very solid at WR

1. -131
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by LikeUntoGod View Post
    LOL, I was thinking the same thing, like dude, are you a Dolphin fan? do you cover them at all? Hartline has improved every season and his 4 year average YPC is about 15 yards. (more the B Marshall's )

Hartline played last season as our "number one" without anumber two or pass catching TE to take the pressure off. We did not even have a pass catching HB to help. He got his numbers last season working against the other team's best defender with a rookie QB throwing to him.

I expect his numbers to be better this season.

OMG, compare last season's WR and TE corp to this season's!

I swear, some of you would complain if you were hung with a brand new rope...........
    You mean last season's WR corps that you were pumping up? I distinctly remember you stating that we were one of the top passing teams in the league going into the season. And you were spot on about Clyde "Garbage Time" Gates and Daniel Thomas. The commentary on pass catching TE is also strange because I remember you pumping up Fasano too, but now he didn't help that much and Hartline was on his own? Well, at least you admit when you are wrong. I respect that.

As for Hartline, I've already said multiple times now that he's a decent WR, and even good in some areas (godawful in others). Never once said I want to replace him. He's a hard worker and a reliable target inside the 20's. Doesn't mean the position can't or shouldn't be improved. But thank you for the YPC stats, which are some of the most worthless of all stats (are you really going to say Colston, Green, and Andre Johnson are worse WRs than Hartline because they have a lower YPC? ).

Also, we're well over a year removed from trading Marshall, so you can drop the weird infatuation with him.

You can call it complaining if you want, but the fact is, the WR corps could use further upgrades. Are they better than last year? Certainly. Does that mean there's no room to improve it further nor a need to considering this is now a passing league? Certainly not.

Is there any position that's "safe" to talk about needing improvements without being accused of not being a fan, or are we 100% set for a championship run?

Quote Quote  

2. -132
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    You mean last season's WR corps that you were pumping up? I distinctly remember you stating that we were one of the top passing teams in the league going into the season. And you were spot on about Clyde "Garbage Time" Gates and Daniel Thomas. The commentary on pass catching TE is also strange because I remember you pumping up Fasano too, but now he didn't help that much and Hartline was on his own? Well, at least you admit when you are wrong. I respect that.

As for Hartline, I've already said multiple times now that he's a decent WR, and even good in some areas (godawful in others). Never once said I want to replace him. He's a hard worker and a reliable target inside the 20's. Doesn't mean the position can't or shouldn't be improved. But thank you for the YPC stats, which are some of the most worthless of all stats (are you really going to say Colston, Green, and Andre Johnson are worse WRs than Hartline because they have a lower YPC? ).

Also, we're well over a year removed from trading Marshall, so you can drop the weird infatuation with him.

You can call it complaining if you want, but the fact is, the WR corps could use further upgrades. Are they better than last year? Certainly. Does that mean there's no room to improve it further nor a need to considering this is now a passing league? Certainly not.

Is there any position that's "safe" to talk about needing improvements without being accused of not being a fan, or are we 100% set for a championship run?
    The. Truth.

That's all.

LD
    Quote Quote  

3. -133
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No doubt Miami has the best WR corp in the AFC east.

Miami: Wallace, Hartline, Gibson
    Buffalo: Johnson Woods, Goodwin
    NE: Amendola, Boyce, Dobson
    NY: Hill, Holmes, Kerley
    Quote Quote  

4. -134
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorygrant83 View Post
    You prob right but Buffalo might actually suprise. They have a guy who is no slouch in Steve Johnson at wr and picked up a bunch of young guys with potential.
    They drafted Robert Woods and Maquise Goodwin picked up one of the better undrafted free agent player in Darick Rogers who is plenty big and fast as well as Brandon Kaufman who is a somewhat intriguing player who was injured his senior year in high school and ended up going to E washington . He set a record for yards gained his final season in college and had 16 tds. saw a scouting report on him that compared him to Brian Finnerman. They also have their third round pick from last year TJ Graham who is as fast as anybody in football and had 30 receptions last year. Lot of potential there but right now yes we have best receiver in east and prob 3rd best receiver at this time

---------- Post added at 04:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gregorygrant83 View Post

Miami: Wallace, Hartline, Gibson
    Buffalo: Johnson Woods, Goodwin
    NE: Amendola, Boyce, Dobson
    NY: Hill, Holmes, Kerley
    You left out TJ Graham for Buffalo their rookie from last year
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

5. -135
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I liked having Bess and 4 strong wideouts. But I hear that Bess bugged out of the last few games with alleged back problems and that's why the coaches wanted him gone.

That said, there are a few FA wideouts I like who are still available:

a) Laurent Robinson (was awesome 2 seasons ago with dallas)
    b) Ramses Barden (tall, looked good for NYG when he started)
    c) Titus Young (head case but talented, give him a chance - one mishap and he's gone)
    Quote Quote  

6. -136
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17

I approve of this message, lol.

Once you've become satisified with a position or group you've already fallen behind the rest of the league. The quicker Ireland learns that the better off we'll be. Someday he'll draft a WR before the 4th round.
    Quote Quote  

7. -137
    Atila - the freshmaker.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks

So you're doing ALL THIS complaining because we didn't replace Bess? You admit that we are improved and that the FO did a lot to improve the position?

I don't understand why people want to see us go from last to first in one year. The FO is trying, they upgraded the position SIGNIFICANTLY. No one said our WR unit is perfect, or the best, or elite, or does not need improving. After just one season, they did a great job at addressing the position.

It boggles my mind when people find the stupidest thing to complain about. We have lots of issues with this team and FO, the job they did this one offseason to address the position is NOT one of those issues.

Wake up.

www.DiamondandDesign.com
    Quote Quote  

8. -138
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo

Re: We are very solid at WR

"Complaining"

Reading comprehension. I would have wanted them to add more weapons even if we kept Bess, trading him just added to it. I want an explosive, high-powered, high-scoring offense, and I feel that there were players available that could help us reach that goal more than some of those picked (3rd round). I'm not sure I see why this is a bad thing other than pure homerism in getting upset at even the slightest form of criticism...

I think Ireland has done a good job this off-season, I just see areas where he could have done even better. That's just how I roll in life, though; always looking for ways to improve. Got an A-? How do I improve to get an A? Got an A? How do I improve to get an A+ (never get a B, of course)? Some just settle for whatever they have and focus on complaining about "complaining."

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

9. -139
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    I approve of this message, lol.

Once you've become satisified with a position or group you've already fallen behind the rest of the league. The quicker Ireland learns that the better off we'll be. Someday he'll draft a WR before the 4th round.
    That was not my point, my poin was that you can only do so much in one season and we did a lot for the our receiving corp. More then any other team and that we have done before. We brought in a high priced "number one" and another "3rd down" maker WR. And a pass catching TE.

And again, we only use so many WRs in a game. so the new WR would either have to be good enough (as a rookie) to at least beat Gibson out or he would replace a $500K WR like whoever. if he did beat Gibson out then we would look a little stupid for paying so much for him, trading away Bess and then drafting a WR high in the draft.

Again, I'm going with the idea that you can only fix so much and spend so much in one season.

I'd like two better DTs. I'd like a "real" number one WR so Wallace can simply be the speed guy. I'd like a real feature running back. Two more very good young OL. A really great safety. A better young QB, more like A Luck. A future HOF at MLB. There are a number of upgrades I'd like and I think we need.

But we can only do so much in one season.

And we have to play defense. IMO strong opinion we need corners over WRs. If for no other reason that we are paying $8M to two older vets who we can replace thus having more money for other areas.

Don't count the draft at all. Would you feel much better then last season about our WRs and TEs? yea.. Do you feel good about our corners? Nope.

so where do you use a limited amount of draft picks? The point is not do you want to see us get better WRs, the point is do you think that having more WRs is better then us having better starting corners?

I do 100% believe that Tannehill will have a problem even using was he has now, let alone anyone else we add. But yes, I think all 6 Wrs on this team need to be upgraded. I'd ship all of them out. I was not a fan of paying Wallace or Gibson that much. We are assuming that Tannehill is going to come out and be gang busters. But we really do not know that. face it, he was not "great" last season, not all all. He was good and showed that evil word..potential. If Tannehill was a sure thing, a Brady, Manning, or Luck, I'd be more willing to put more resources his way. Even if he was a Romo or Rivers.

Up till a year ago i used to cover and make mock drafts and fall in love with players etc. I wanted Ryan Mallett over D Thomas. But it really hit me that while this is fun and fills the time, it does not matter because nothing I'm doing is affecting what the team really does.

After putting so much money into WRs, we cannot ignore the rest of the team. Just look at what we are paying for our WR corp. I'd like to see if they are worth the money before i add to them. We get as good as we could get in one season without forgetting needed areas of this team.

For instance, if we had signed another one of the better FA corner if the off season I would have gladly loved for us to have drafted TE Tyler Eifert. He our drafted TE sims and Keller rolled into one. For a offense that runs a lot of two-three TE sets, he would be a real difference maker and would see a lot of playing time. I'd expect him to start over Keller.

But we did sign Keller during the off season and we do need corners.
    Quote Quote  

10. -140
    Atila - the freshmaker.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    "Complaining"

Reading comprehension. I would have wanted them to add more weapons even if we kept Bess, trading him just added to it. I want an explosive, high-powered, high-scoring offense, and I feel that there were players available that could help us reach that goal more than some of those picked (3rd round). I'm not sure I see why this is a bad thing other than pure homerism in getting upset at even the slightest form of criticism...

I think Ireland has done a good job this off-season, I just see areas where he could have done even better. That's just how I roll in life, though; always looking for ways to improve. Got an A-? How do I improve to get an A? Got an A? How do I improve to get an A+ (never get a B, of course)? Some just settle for whatever they have and focus on complaining about "complaining."

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2
    When you make post after post splitting hairs about what could have been done slightly better it comes off as complaining to me. The offense is not finished and still has room for improvement. I'm not going to sit here and argue against that. I guess I just have better things to do than bitch about a non-issue.
    Quote Quote