Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: We are very solid at WR

1. -91
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Dolphins Homer
    Wow, after reading/skimming through all these pages two things become apparent:
    1. No matter how much the FO improved the WR core they are still not happy. (My guess is because fans are pissy Austin wast our draft pick)
    2. No matter how improved our top 3 guys are. It doesn't matter - the depth isn't good enough.

I don't know a single Fin fan who was happy last year with the WRs. We should be cautiously optimistic about this group as it is ,ugh improved.

If we don't see Tanne throw for an additional 6 TDs and 1000 yards ill be stunned.

Every time I see a stupid post I remind myself we don't have this guy as a fan
    Quote Quote  

2. -92
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minnesota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We've definately improved from last year. Wallace will draw a lot of attention, which should get other guys open. I like Gibson and Hartline better be able to produce this year, as some of these guys we drafted late/signed UDFA might have some potential. Even if only one of the group pans out, we will be fine. But I'm guessing at least two will make the final roster.
    Quote Quote  

3. -93
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    I remember last year people defending Ireland in not addressing the wr position in the draft and using nanee, Armstrong and gaffney, at particular times to support their defense.
    But it's not about picking a WR just to pick one. If you don't feel like the ones there will be much better than what you have on your team then whats the point? The only receiver that put up numbers better than harline and \ or best was TY Hilton, and nobody thought he'd be what he is. All of the top WR drafted in the first 2 rounds didn't put up numbers anywhere close to Hartline or Bess so..
    Quote Quote  

4. -94
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    And this is why I would have rather went with Eifert in the 1st and Armstead in the 2nd. We need another target in the endzone.
    Didn't we just draft a 6'5 262 pound former basketball player to play TE? Can't he be that guy? Also Keller should help in the intermediate red zone area, 10-20 yards out.
    Quote Quote  

5. -95
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    Lol. Oh yes. I remember all the "you don't need a 1 in the wco". It's hilarious the depths people go and the rationale used to defend every single decision.
    I believe people meant #1 as in a Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson type #1. But you gotta have good players. We had one that the staff considered good (hartline) and that's who they resigned. We added Wallace Keller and Gibson which should make Hartline even better.
    Quote Quote  

6. -96
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JTech194 View Post
    But it's not about picking a WR just to pick one. If you don't feel like the ones there will be much better than what you have on your team then whats the point? The only receiver that put up numbers better than hartline and \ or best was TY Hilton, and nobody thought he'd be what he is. All of the top WR drafted in the first 2 rounds didn't put up numbers anywhere close to Hartline or Bess so..
    stop using "facts" in your arguments!
    Quote Quote  

7. -97
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In the WCO maybe more then any other, the QB makes the WRs, not the other way around.

You get get the 5 top WRs in the NFL, but them on a team with a QB that can't use them and it will amount to nothing but bitching over the few passes they are getting.
    Quote Quote  

8. -98
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by JTech194 View Post
    But it's not about picking a WR just to pick one. If you don't feel like the ones there will be much better than what you have on your team then whats the point? The only receiver that put up numbers better than harline and \ or best was TY Hilton, and nobody thought he'd be what he is. All of the top WR drafted in the first 2 rounds didn't put up numbers anywhere close to Hartline or Bess so..
    B.S. Plenty wanted him in a Phins uniform. But you're not only drafting for the immediate season. WRs typically put up low numbers in their first year. That's no reason to ignore the position in draft. Many of those drafted have the potential to be better than Hartline and certainly the potential to be better than Bess.

Quote Quote  

9. -99
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by LikeUntoGod View Post
    In the WCO maybe more then any other, the QB makes the WRs, not the other way around.

You get get the 5 top WRs in the NFL, but them on a team with a QB that can't use them and it will amount to nothing but bitching over the few passes they are getting.
    Watch Thigpen as a #4 WR.
    Quote Quote  

10. -100
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LikeUntoGod View Post

False.

The WR route trees in the WCO are extensive. They actually have to read coverage and adjust a heckuva lot. You can't trot out just anyone out there.
    Quote Quote