Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: We are very solid at WR

1. -101
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    B.S. Plenty wanted him in a Phins uniform. But you're not only drafting for the immediate season. WRs typically put up low numbers in their first year. That's no reason to ignore the position in draft. Many of those drafted have the potential to be better than Hartline and certainly the potential to be better than Bess.
    Man, Stedman Bailey was right freaking there for the taking. I would be so much happier with the WR core if he had been drafted. Would've infused youth with a high ceiling. Can you ever have enough playmakers? Then again this is the same regime that refused to consistently use Bush as a playmaker in the passing game when they complained about not having enough of them.

For now the only significant acquisition there was Wallace. We swapped Bess for Gibson, which I still don't even begin to understand.
    Quote Quote  

2. -102
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmatics View Post
    False.

The WR route trees in the WCO are extensive. They actually have to read coverage and adjust a heckuva lot. You can't trot out just anyone out there.

I never said that. But you put A Rogers here and Tannehill there and see which group of WRs play better. hey, guess what? The QB has to read the exact same coverage and he and the WR need to make the same choice. A QB needs to be able to look at 3-4 WRs and read coverage for all of them, not just for himself.

This is not even a discussion really.

Look at Wes Welker, who was he before Tom Brady?

There are 100's of examples of this. Like Marino and the Mark bothers. The QB makes the WRs. Not even close.
    Quote Quote  

3. -103
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LikeUntoGod View Post
    I never said that. But you put A Rogers here and Tannehill there and see which group of WRs play better. hey, guess what? The QB has to read the exact same coverage and he and the WR need to make the same choice. A QB needs to be able to look at 3-4 WRs and read coverage for all of them, not just for himself.

This is not even a discussion really.

Look at Wes Welker, who was he before Tom Brady?

There are 100's of examples of this. Like Marino and the Mark bothers. The QB makes the WRs. Not even close.
    The QB doesn't make EVERY receiver. A great QB simply provides more opportunity for a great WR to do what he's capable of and can mask deficiencies of others with his ball placement.
    Quote Quote  

4. -104
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Man, Stedman Bailey was right freaking there for the taking. I would be so much happier with the WR core if he had been drafted. Would've infused youth with a high ceiling. Can you ever have enough playmakers?
    Yes, yes you can. it happens a lot in basketball.

This is really a simple math problem. How many WRs can you play at one time? And if you are really a Dolphin fan, how many WRs do we use? What is our main formations? Do they have 3-4 Wrs in them (no, they do not)

If we had "name any two other WRs" do you think our offense will shift to make them happy? No, we run our offense.

And if R Bush wanted to catch more passes here then maybe he should of asked to instead of saying he wanted to lead the NFL in rushing.
    Quote Quote  

5. -105
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yes, yes you can. it happens a lot in basketball.

This is really a simple math problem. How many WRs can you play at one time? And if you are really a Dolphin fan, how many WRs do we use? What is our main formations? Do they have 3-4 Wrs in them (no, they do not)

If we had "name any two other WRs" do you think our offense will shift to make them happy? No, we run our offense.

And if R Bush wanted to catch more passes here then maybe he should of asked to instead of saying he wanted to lead the NFL in rushing.
    Oh yeah because Joe Philbin (known for his running game philosophy LMFAO) acquiesced to the idea of Bush running the ball all the time to lead the league in rushing. Did you NOT notice the insta-benching after a fumble and DT getting too many carries? Give me a break. Had nothing to do with Reggie wanting to lead in rushing.

Secondly, this is not basketball. This is football. Having youth on the football team waiting in the wings when you've got inconsistent/unproven players like Gibson/Matthews as your 3/4 will not hurt you. You don't HAVE TO play him every down. The Dolphins aren't even sold 100% on Gibson, his contract shows how easily he can be cut next year. Why not insure yourself drafting a player with higher upside? I don't think there's a scout or draftnik on the planet who would draft Will Davis over Stedman Baily on a talent/ceiling comparison (not positional).
    Quote Quote  

6. -106
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Will Davis over Stedman Baily on a talent/ceiling comparison (not positional).
    Well, guess what, it is positional. We NEED corners, we do not need WRs. Unless Baily can cover someone, he is a waste of a draft pick.

And we only dress 4 WRs so he or anyone had better play special teams.

Can Bailey be a gunner on kick offs and punts?
    Quote Quote  

7. -107
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The qb they had/have trowing to them should be enough to call them better.
    Quote Quote  

8. -108
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The simply truth is while Will Davis has a decent chance to play valuable minutes and plays for us on everything from special teams to nickel and dime passing formations, whoever is our 4th WR better be a special teams player since he is not going to be on the field very often and NFL teams only dress 45 for games.

And if you think Bailey or whoever is going to come in and best out Wallace, Hartline and Gibson then I just give up.

Don't think like a madden player, think like a GM of a real NFL team. We have two older corners (Patterson and Marshall) making $4m each a season. If we draft some young corners to replace them, we just saved a lot of money and got the team younger, faster and better.

we just saved $8 M in cap!

Drafting a WR would do none of that. zero. He would have little to no chance to beat out out top 3 if for no other reason, we just signed all three to large, long term contacts! ( you do not get that?)

What would Bailey do, take Jeff Fuller's spot?

Think like a GM, not a fan or madden player (and I say that as a big madden player)
    Quote Quote  

9. -109
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    I remember reading these exact same threads pumping up our WR corps last year, and they were dead wrong. But I'm sure adding one good receiver and losing our slot receiver without replacing him is all we need to be right this time.
    Exactly. The fins have two good wideouts now. Wallace and Hartline should cause some problems. Also, Keller, if he can stay on the field, will help alot as a pass catching tight end. When you look around the division the fins offensive attack will rank second and possibly third if the bills figure out their quarterback problems.(which they won't)
    Quote Quote  

10. -110
    Hokies class of 2016

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox Logo
    Well, guess what, it is positional. We NEED corners, we do not need WRs. Unless Baily can cover someone, he is a waste of a draft pick.

And we only dress 4 WRs so he or anyone had better play special teams.

Can Bailey be a gunner on kick offs and punts?
    this

1. Cj Mosley- ILB Alabama
    2. Joel Bitino- OT Nevada
    3. Troy Niklas- TE Notre Dame
    4. Trai Turner-OG LSU
    5. Aaron Murray- QB Georgia
    6. Marqueston Huff- S Wyoming
    7. Brandon Coleman-WR Rutgers
    Quote Quote