Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: We are very solid at WR

1. -121
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    I remember reading these exact same threads pumping up our WR corps last year, and they were dead wrong. But I'm sure adding one good receiver and losing our slot receiver without replacing him is all we need to be right this time.
    I don't remember too many of the said threads.... especially after we traded Marshall. Anyway Gibson is better than Bess. We also added Wallace who will be our best receiver, Hartline becomes a #2 instead of a #1 like last year, and same down the line... I agree they are overrated right now but it IS a big upgrade compared to what we had last year. also if marshall could have gotten along with Philbin and we kept him/ extended his contract we would have a top 3 NFL group of receivers right now, easily.
    Quote Quote  

2. -122
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I remember reading these exact same threads pumping up our WR corps last year, and they were dead wrong. But I'm sure adding one good receiver and losing our slot receiver without replacing him is all we need to be right this time.
    Sorry...We added 1 great receiver (Wallace) and added 2 good receivers (Gibson, Keller) I say it`s a completely different scenario. how many passes would go bess direction having Wallace, hartline, keller, Gibson ???? last year I remember games that Bess had one or two receptions in the whole game !!!!
    Quote Quote  

3. -123
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You are right - Hartline really sucked last year. And we didn't go out and add to him with a top 5 WR and an excellent #2 either. Plus upgrade at TE.

Newsflash - Philbin doesn't roll with the small slot guy. Hartline is our Jordy Nelson..hang on, you are a mod here and don't get this stuff?????
    Quote Quote  

4. -124
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SammySmif View Post
    You are right - Hartline really sucked last year. And we didn't go out and add to him with a top 5 WR and an excellent #2 either. Plus upgrade at TE.

Newsflash - Philbin doesn't roll with the small slot guy. Hartline is our Jordy Nelson..hang on, you are a mod here and don't get this stuff?????
    LOL, I was thinking the same thing, like dude, are you a Dolphin fan? do you cover them at all? Hartline has improved every season and his 4 year average YPC is about 15 yards. (more the B Marshall's )

Hartline played last season as our "number one" without anumber two or pass catching TE to take the pressure off. We did not even have a pass catching HB to help. He got his numbers last season working against the other team's best defender with a rookie QB throwing to him.

I expect his numbers to be better this season.

OMG, compare last season's WR and TE corp to this season's!

I swear, some of you would complain if you were hung with a brand new rope...........
    Quote Quote  

5. -125
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo

Re: We are very solid at WR

Quote Originally Posted by SammySmif View Post

Where did I say that Hartline sucked? Feel free to quote it for me, because I would hate to call you a liar. I think Hartline is decent and pretty good at somethings, albeit not scoring touchdowns; but who cares about those as wins are determined by which team gains the most yards, right?

I also really like Wallace and think he'll be great for us, and alone he makes this unit much better; but in a passing league, you need more. And Gibson is far from "excellent." I know there is a tendency to uptalk a player's ability when they sign with us, but come on.

As for Keller, I really like him, but it wasn't that big of an upgrade, especially if you consider the fact that he's injury prone. Honestly, I think Sims was the big addition at TE so far. But we're talking WR here.

And what makes Hartline our Jordy Nelson? His skin color? Also, what does me being an admin here have anything to do with my opinion? Or are you just attempting to take a very weak swipe at me personally? Being a staff member doesn't mean being a completely blind homer. I can still point out where I believe we need improvements.

What's funny is that the reaction to me thinking we need more at WR is being treated as me knocking the entire draft and team as a whole, which is silly considering I thought it was a really good draft (except the third round...oh no! Criticism! Panties prepare to bunch! ) and considering I think we should be contending for a playoff spot. Hell, I haven't felt this good about a team since Marino was here. But God forbid I see areas needing improvement, particularly in a passing league like the modern NFL.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2

Quote Quote  

6. -126
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Where did I say that Hartline sucked? Feel free to quote it for me, because I would hate to call you a liar. I think Hartline is decent and pretty good at somethings, albeit not scoring touchdowns; but who cares about those as wins are determined by which team gains the most yards, right?

I also really like Wallace and think he'll be great for us, and alone he makes this unit much better; but in a passing league, you need more. And Gibson is far from "excellent." I know there is a tendency to uptalk a player's ability when they sign with us, but come on.

As for Keller, I really like him, but it wasn't that big of an upgrade, especially if you consider the fact that he's injury prone. Honestly, I think Sims was the big addition at TE so far. But we're talking WR here.

And what makes Hartline our Jordy Nelson? His skin color? Also, what does me being an admin here have anything to do with my opinion? Or are you just attempting to take a very weak swipe at me personally? Being a staff member doesn't mean being a completely blind homer. I can still point out where I believe we need improvements.

What's funny is that the reaction to me thinking we need more at WR is being treated as me knocking the entire draft and team as a whole, which is silly considering I thought it was a really good draft (except the third round...oh no! Criticism! Panties prepare to bunch! ) and considering I think we should be contending for a playoff spot. Hell, I haven't felt this good about a team since Marino was here. But God forbid I see areas needing improvement, particularly in a passing league like the modern NFL.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2

Yeah just because our receivers are better than what we had last year doesn't mean too much we are still pretty far from having an "elite" receiving corps
    Quote Quote  

7. -127
    Atila - the freshmaker.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't think anyone is going to sit here and call our receiving unit elite. We had one of the worst (maybe even the worst) group of WR's last season. For us to become even middle of the pack in one off season is a HUGE upgrade.

It's okay to be unbiased and point out where we need to improve - I don't think anyone here will sit and say our WR group is PERFECT. But it's pointless to complain about something the team has taken significant steps to improve.

www.DiamondandDesign.com
    Quote Quote  

8. -128
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ^^ while i agree, and i may be in the minority when i type this but i liked bess. The guy was money on 3rd downs. Yes there may have been a select few that he would want back. While i have not seen much of gibson i would like to know what gibson has shown to produce like bess or better as some people are stating.
    Quote Quote  

9. -129
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's our 4th receiver. I know you guys love Bess and all, but he was our 4th string WR and we had a couple of young guys that were pretty close to him at the end of the bench. Plus, I think two UDFA's WR are keepers. Can only field so many guys.
    Quote Quote  

10. -130
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel3 View Post
    He's our 4th receiver. I know you guys love Bess and all, but he was our 4th string WR and we had a couple of young guys that were pretty close to him at the end of the bench. Plus, I think two UDFA's WR are keepers. Can only field so many guys.
    Bess wasn't our "fourth string" last year and he wouldn't have been our "fourth string" this year. Hell, there's no such thing as "string" in WRs. That being said, I had zero problem with trading Bess. Not worth the money. It would have been nice to replace him in the draft though, and there were a few opportunities to upgrade the position as a whole. But let's count on UDFAs. Sure. Why not?
    Quote Quote