Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 LastLast

Thread: We are very solid at WR

1. -151
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    You might want to consult junc for advice on how to best spin this.
    Quote Quote  

2. -152
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbanger View Post
    I hope we have one of the UDFA WRs make the roster. We will keep 5 WRs and probably 2 on the PS.

Wallace and Gibson means upgrade and players that score TDs. Bumphis scores TDs too.
    Bumphis has scored TD's ....... IN COLLEGE.

Davone Bess had 41 TD's in 3 seasons at the University of Hawaii. Doesn't mean it translates exactly over to the pros.
    Quote Quote  

3. -153
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    kind of funny as usual how people have backed off praise of Bess. At one time he was equal to welker now is he lesser than Gibson which means Gibson is better than Welker.
    yea right lol
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

4. -154
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fastball83 View Post
    I know many dolfan would have picked Swope or Patton but I really think our FO really like our WR depht chart and we will not add another WR before the season start.

We have :

Wallace : vertical outside speedy route runner .........a top WR
    Hartline : Solid n2 and can play the slot
    Gibson : could be a very good surprise and will be solid if not more
    Matthews : our new moving chain WR, very good hand and bold WR
    Binns : with one year in our system he will become our Tall WR target in Red Zone at 6.3 210lbs.

Opinions
    I'm not convinced. Wallace is a big play guy but isn't going to haul in 85 catches etc. Hartline will do what he's always done - be solid. The rest of these guys suck eggs. They are all slow. I would have preferred we kept Bess to Binns - Binn's easy TD drop and another drop on a crucial 3rd or 4th and long were enough for me to write him off. The WR position is still not a "strength" of this team.
    Quote Quote  

5. -155
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would like to thank Harry Bagpipe for drawing my attention to this thread. It's a gasser.
    No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
    Quote Quote  

6. -156
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://www.finheaven.com/show...post1064378435

You might want to consult junc for advice on how to best spin this.
    ROFL, you can read but still have a problem understanding. Read that post again. ROFL I laughed so hard at this, lol, you went spent time and searched for this thread and did not understand it, ahhh, good times....

Read it clearly and you will see that I'm saying that we are passing MORE then any other team. MORE often. When I write "top passing team" it means that we are one of the top teams in the amount of times we are trying pass attempts.

No where do I say that we have a great passing attack or do I say I love our WRs. No where, lol.

The point I'm making is clearly that we are passing too often during preseason, lol. This was the last preseason game and I was commenting how few times in our preseason games we have run the ball compared to how many times we thrown the ball.

Thanks for the joke, Joke.

Here is that post for you:

"Now that we have a starting QB, it is time to run the ball

Yes, stats can lie. We are right now one of the top passing teams in the NFL. The simple reason for this is as I've been saying, we have been looking for a QB and WRs so we are passing almost all the time.

For example, we have attempted 108 passes in two games compared to only 58 pass attempts from the teams we have played.

We have only attempted 40 rushing plays compared to 232 rushing plays from the teams we have played.

Do not make the mistake of thinking that we passed more because we were behind in the score. We came out passing and the coaches care a lot more about running the plays and using the players they want instead of caring what the score is.
    "
    Quote Quote  

7. -157
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    I'm good with Wallace , Hartline and Keller. i know what they can do. After that it's show me time.
    We need at least two of the other guys like Gibson and Mathews to step up. Some of the free agents look promising also.

Last year we were terrible at WR. What 6 TD catches for the lot ?
    This year we should be better. How much better probably depends on our quarterback mostly.
    IMO, it depends more on the QB then the WRs. Coming into his second season and the first where he will be taking the starting reps in training camp etc, we all hope and expect for Tannehill to be better this season.

If you look over last season's games, we did not throw into the end zone very often. Few WRs break off several 30-40 yard TD catches and runs per season. To score more from passing, you have to attempt to throw more TD passes.
    Quote Quote  

8. -158
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by LikeUntoGod View Post
    ROFL, you can read but still have a problem understanding. Read that post again. ROFL I laughed so hard at this, lol, you went spent time and searched for this thread and did not understand it, ahhh, good times....

Read it clearly and you will see that I'm saying that we are passing MORE then any other team. MORE often. When I write "top passing team" it means that we are one of the top teams in the amount of times we are trying pass attempts.

No where do I say that we have a great passing attack or do I say I love our WRs. No where, lol.

The point I'm making is clearly that we are passing too often during preseason, lol. This was the last preseason game and I was commenting how few times in our preseason games we have run the ball compared to how many times we thrown the ball.

Thanks for the joke, Joke.

Here is that post for you:

"Now that we have a starting QB, it is time to run the ball

Yes, stats can lie. We are right now one of the top passing teams in the NFL. The simple reason for this is as I've been saying, we have been looking for a QB and WRs so we are passing almost all the time.

For example, we have attempted 108 passes in two games compared to only 58 pass attempts from the teams we have played.

We have only attempted 40 rushing plays compared to 232 rushing plays from the teams we have played.

Do not make the mistake of thinking that we passed more because we were behind in the score. We came out passing and the coaches care a lot more about running the plays and using the players they want instead of caring what the score is.
    "
    I figured your first response would be "you went and spent time looking for this." Took all of 5 seconds with the handy dandy search feature. Took you much longer to come up with the spin.

Quote Quote  

9. -159
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I figured your first response would be "you went and spent time looking for this." Took all of 5 seconds with the handy dandy search feature. Took you much longer to come up with the spin.
    Taking you even longer to admit the truth that you ARE WRONG, lol.
    Quote Quote  

10. -160
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by LikeUntoGod View Post
    Taking you even longer to admit the truth that you ARE WRONG, lol.
    I'm rarely wrong, but when I am, I freely admit it (Ireland, for example). You on the other hand...off the top of my head, Daniel Thomas, Gates, and Fasano. Ready to admit your error regarding all three? On top of your error regarding our WRs and passing game, of course.
    Quote Quote