Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: We are very solid at WR

1. -11
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by calmrage View Post
    Those who don't understand football make it so painfully obvious!
    Can't argue against my points, so you attempt to attack me personally. And you even do that wrong So, care to explain how I'm wrong and our WR corps last year were really one of the best? Is it WPA? Or maybe how we go from worst to first by adding one good WR and losing our slot receiver without replacing him? It would be interesting to hear from somebody who knows football so well, yet manages to be dead wrong every year, unlike myself

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    I remember reading these exact same threads pumping up our WR corps last year, and they were dead wrong. But I'm sure adding one good receiver and losing our slot receiver without replacing him is all we need to be right this time.
    REALLY? Someone said we had a VERY SOLID WRing core last year?? WHO?? I never heard that at ALL, even from the most positive fans. Everyone left the draft pissed that we didn't get one until late.

I can't say I agree with the OP. I think VERY SOLID is a bit of an overstatement. Better than last year, yeah that I will say. Still not a strong WRing core IMO. Wallace goes down for any length of time and a case could be made that we are considerably worse than last year. The Bess cut was a head scratcher. If you want to upgrade the position, FINE, but then to just ignore that you cut (might as have been a cut) him and not replace him doesn't make sense. Even if you would have went out and got a Tyler Eifert so we had another weapon I could have understood it, but unless they are REALLY high on Mathews I don't understand the Bess move. I got the feeling from watching the body language of both Ireland and Philbin that it was something off the field. It was a subject they certainly didn't want a lot of questions asked about it.

I think if you take off the aqua colored glasses you would have to rank our WRing core, as a whole, somewhere between 17-20 in the league. If you call that "very solid", then I guess we can agree.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Better than last year by far. Bumphus is nice lot guy and was URFA. Boils down to #17 taking it to the next level.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    REALLY? Someone said we had a VERY SOLID WRing core last year?? WHO?? I never heard that at ALL, even from the most positive fans. Everyone left the draft pissed that we didn't get one until late.

I can't say I agree with the OP. I think VERY SOLID is a bit of an overstatement. Better than last year, yeah that I will say. Still not a strong WRing core IMO. Wallace goes down for any length of time and a case could be made that we are considerably worse than last year. The Bess cut was a head scratcher. If you want to upgrade the position, FINE, but then to just ignore that you cut (might as have been a cut) him and not replace him doesn't make sense. Even if you would have went out and got a Tyler Eifert so we had another weapon I could have understood it, but unless they are REALLY high on Mathews I don't understand the Bess move. I got the feeling from watching the body language of both Ireland and Philbin that it was something off the field. It was a subject they certainly didn't want a lot of questions asked about it.

I think if you take off the aqua colored glasses you would have to rank our WRing core, as a whole, somewhere between 17-20 in the league. If you call that "very solid", then I guess we can agree.
    Really? People were defending not picking a WR (in early round anyways) to no end, saying Hartline could be a good #1. Especially after the draft and during preseason. You even had those who thought Matthews and Cunningham would be good right from the get go.

I like Wallace and I think Matthews will continue to develop well, and I most certainly feel this WR group is better than last years, if only because of Wallace. But it takes more in a passing league. I really like our draft as a whole. The Jordan pick was brilliant. The only thing I would have liked to have seen done differently was grabbing a WR in the third, which was the last round any potential starters could be found, outside of the random extremely lucky strike teams occasionally land later in the draft.

It will be interesting to see what we do with the slot (originally typed "in the slot" ). I'm not entirely comfortable going in with the hopes that a UDFA sticks. There's still FA time too. Again, yes, this group is an improvement over last year's, but that's really not saying much because that group was ****ing horrible. I just don't understand the belief that a team can have "too many" offensive weapons. Makes no sense.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    I remember last year people defending Ireland in not addressing the wr position in the draft and using nanee, Armstrong and gaffney, at particular times to support their defense.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    I remember last year people defending Ireland in not addressing the wr position in the draft and using nanee, Armstrong and gaffney, at particular times to support their defense.
    Oh ****, I forgot they were even on the team The Nnaannee defenders...dear god.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Although we added Wallace and Keller we still do not have a redzone jump ball receiver. And don't say Armon Binns, how many drops did he have when he played last year.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by cane6 View Post
    Although we added Wallace and Keller we still do not have a redzone jump ball receiver. And don't say Armon Binns, how many drops did he have when he played last year.
    My concern too. We don't have that red zone td threat who can win in the end zone. There's a reason tanny had only 12 tds last year. Wallace will help but we need that wr who's a redzone td threat
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Can't argue against my points, so you attempt to attack me personally. And you even do that wrong So, care to explain how I'm wrong and our WR corps last year were really one of the best? Is it WPA? Or maybe how we go from worst to first by adding one good WR and losing our slot receiver without replacing him? It would be interesting to hear from somebody who knows football so well, yet manages to be dead wrong every year, unlike myself
    This is why I hate Finheaven; even the moderators are filled with obnoxious vitriol.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hewitt, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree with you. As a fan, of course you would love to see a big, playmaking WR added to the team via the draft, but the FO would not agree. Wallace, Hartline and Gibson are clearly viewed as the 1, 2 and 3, or they would not have gotten the contracts that they did. It has been said that Philbin and company is extremely high on Binns, so chances of him going anywhere are slim. He did have a lot of drops last year, but he wasn't with the team very long and may have had some trouble getting on the same page as Tannehill. Matthews would be #5, and in my opinion, if we took a WR in the draft, he would be the one left off of the roster, which would make most of the fans on this board go nuts, because people on here love him and wanted him to get his shot last year. Losing Bess will hurt, but clearly, Philbin does not feel the need for a guy who can only play the slot. Keep in mind, we still have Thigpen on the roster, who can be the slot guy when needed. Keller, Clay, and Egnew (if he makes the team this year) are also WR threats, as they are not blocking TEs. So, I am ready to be bashed by some of you, but as much as we would have loved to see Allen or Patton (or for some of you Swope), not sure there is a spot this year. We have also picked up a few UDFA who have a chance to make this team.
    Quote Quote