Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: We are very solid at WR

1. -21
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree. I think it would've been good to add a receiver in the draft but we had more pressing issues such as pass rush, OL, corner, LB depth and a kicker. We now have 3 receivers who were their team's no.1 last season. Gibson and Hartline are very good options at 2 and 3. Wallace is gonna open everything up with his speed. People also forget Matthews who showed flashes last season. Although Binns did have drops he has the ability to get open and will improve his catching. We also have Keller, Clay and Egnew. Some people who wanted us to add 2/3 receivers clearly are unsure as to how many we can physically have on the field at once. We're also forgetting that there are months until the start of the season and i believe we may still add another guy there.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    My concern too. We don't have that red zone td threat who can win in the end zone. There's a reason tanny had only 12 tds last year. Wallace will help but we need that wr who's a redzone td threat
    And this is why I would have rather went with Eifert in the 1st and Armstead in the 2nd. We need another target in the endzone.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Can't argue against my points, so you attempt to attack me personally. And you even do that wrong So, care to explain how I'm wrong and our WR corps last year were really one of the best? Is it WPA? Or maybe how we go from worst to first by adding one good WR and losing our slot receiver without replacing him? It would be interesting to hear from somebody who knows football so well, yet manages to be dead wrong every year, unlike myself
    Because year after year, from the Larry Shannons to the Jeff Fullers, those guys are young! Of course they're gonna end up being studs Gonzo. They're....they're...young! We have a very solid WR group! You obviously don't know football sir.

Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintastical View Post
    This is why I hate Finheaven; even the moderators are filled with obnoxious vitriol.
    And yet here you are. The guy goes after me personally rather than arguing against my points and I'm expected to respond with kind words and cuddly phrases? Or is it the fact that I don't get off on every single move the Phins make? If you are opposed to varying viewpoints, you're right, this might not be the right place for you. And yes, the mods have varying opinions too. I assure you that not all of them agree with my views of the team. In the end, we all want the same thing, a Phins championship; we just disagree on how to get there. But if somebody responds like he did instead of arguing against my points, he certainly doesn't deserve a thoughtful response; though I still gave him one, albeit with a little more salt included.

Quote Quote  

5. -25
    The Comeback Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    REALLY? Someone said we had a VERY SOLID WRing core last year?? WHO?? I never heard that at ALL, even from the most positive fans. Everyone left the draft pissed that we didn't get one until late.

I can't say I agree with the OP. I think VERY SOLID is a bit of an overstatement. Better than last year, yeah that I will say. Still not a strong WRing core IMO. Wallace goes down for any length of time and a case could be made that we are considerably worse than last year. The Bess cut was a head scratcher. If you want to upgrade the position, FINE, but then to just ignore that you cut (might as have been a cut) him and not replace him doesn't make sense. Even if you would have went out and got a Tyler Eifert so we had another weapon I could have understood it, but unless they are REALLY high on Mathews I don't understand the Bess move. I got the feeling from watching the body language of both Ireland and Philbin that it was something off the field. It was a subject they certainly didn't want a lot of questions asked about it.

I think if you take off the aqua colored glasses you would have to rank our WRing core, as a whole, somewhere between 17-20 in the league. If you call that "very solid", then I guess we can agree.
    I heard it, plenty. I even heard such lunacy such as “you don't need a true #1 WR in a west coast scheme." With that said, I agree with you. I'm not pleased with the depth at all
    Last edited by ac_lanham; 04-28-2013 at 10:46 AM.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by finomenal View Post
    Because year after year, from the Larry Shannons to the Jeff Fullers, those guys are young! Of course they're gonna end up being studs Gonzo. They're....they're...young! We have a very solid WR group! You obviously don't know football sir.

I still think we needed to give Roberto Wallace just one more year.

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ac_lanham View Post
    I heard it, plenty. I even heard such lunacy such as “you don't need a true #1 WR in a west coast scheme. With that said, I agree with you. I'm not pleased with the depth at all
    Depth is definitely a concern. If Wallace goes down or doesn't live up to his great potential (which he never fully met in Pittsburgh), we're back to last year.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    We will probably replace Bess with one of these other undrafted guys. That's usually where slot WRs get picked.

Matthews is my dark horse. He IMO will be the 3rd WR.

SAMMY WATKINS IS THE BEST WR IN THE COUNTRY & FUTURE MIAMI DOLPHIN!
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by ac_lanham View Post
    I heard it, plenty. I even heard such lunacy such as “you don't need a true #1 WR in a west coast scheme. With that said, I agree with you. I'm not pleased with the depth at all
    Lol. Oh yes. I remember all the "you don't need a 1 in the wco". It's hilarious the depths people go and the rationale used to defend every single decision.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Can't argue against my points, so you attempt to attack me personally. And you even do that wrong So, care to explain how I'm wrong and our WR corps last year were really one of the best? Is it WPA? Or maybe how we go from worst to first by adding one good WR and losing our slot receiver without replacing him? It would be interesting to hear from somebody who knows football so well, yet manages to be dead wrong every year, unlike myself
    It does get really old trying to explain to some people who simply do not want to understand that we signed Wallace as a number one, Hartline is our number two and Gibson is our slot WR.

This is so simple to understand yet you say "we lost our slot WR and did nothing to replace him".

What is Gibson's position? We upgraded every position and we still have people crying over not taking another WR in the draft.

Ireland said tonight he's comfortable with what Miami has at the position. The Dolphins see upside in Rishard Matthews and Armon Binns, who will compete with the undrafted rookies and former practice squad members Jeff Fuller and Brian Tyms for the No. 4 and No. 5 receiver jobs. With Miami using a lot of two tight-end sets, the fourth receiver could end up playing less than last year (16.6 percent of offensive snaps last season for the No. 4 receiver).

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...#storylink=cpy
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I still think we needed to give Roberto Wallace just one more year.

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

Depth is definitely a concern. If Wallace goes down or doesn't live up to his great potential (which he never fully met in Pittsburgh), we're back to last year.
    You're right we should trade for him. All he needs is a chance. He's with the Titans now and 6th on the depth chart. It's all politics though. Everyone knows the Titans coaching staff aren't big fans of Panamanians.

http://www.titansonline.com/team/depth-chart.html
    Quote Quote