Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: We are very solid at WR

1. -61
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfan91 View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as saying they are solid, especially once you get past Wallace and Hartline. Gibson has shown to be a good 3rd down WR, who makes alot of 1st down grabs. But IMO the jury is still out on him. The one thing about Gibson that I've been curious about is Why was he so important to sign and who was pushing for him once Wallace signed. I'm not saying Gibson is a bust or anything negative, but I am intrigued by the signing. Both Binns and Matthews are all about potential. Potential that hasn't produced consistent results yet. IF Binns and Matthews develop, then perhaps they've become solid. The lack of another speedster is also bothering me.
    How many speedsters did we have last season? A lot of people here could not wait to get rid of C Gates. What if he was still here and a year better? Another thing we will never know.

people wanted swopes because he is the 'next Wes Welker", well, what did we ever do with him?
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We are average at recievet. Last year we were abysmal. We had 3 total td's scored from our wr's last year and signing wallace alone isnt going to fix everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53zdxvajCEs
    ^^^Witness the greatest ever^^^
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What's crazy is people wanted Ireland to draft a 6th round pick with multiple concussions and they want him with our 3rd round pick. People don't want an UDFA receiver because they would be uncomfortable with that yet they are upset we didn't replace Bess(even though we did).

I do think we need another guy, but maybe Mathews or Binns steps up, Keller will split out so maybe picking a WR to compete for the 5th or 6th spot on the team just wasn't value in this draft for this team this year.
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    I still think we can use some depth on the unit. Maybe one of our UDFA can make some noise or we pick someone up after cuts. I've heard some good things about this Bumphis kid. He's got very similar numbers to Bess yet is a bit faster. I'm kinda shocked he didn't get drafted late yesterday. He's got the potential to surprise an earn a spot as our slot receiver.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Dolfan for Life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Gables, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finomenal View Post
    How so?
    Well for one, Gibson had as many TD receptions last year alone, than Hartline for his entire career. Clearly a better redzone threat.
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan10x14 View Post
    I still think we can use some depth on the unit. Maybe one of our UDFA can make some noise or we pick someone up after cuts. I've heard some good things about this Bumphis kid. He's got very similar numbers to Bess yet is a bit faster. I'm kinda shocked he didn't get drafted late yesterday. He's got the potential to surprise an earn a spot as our slot receiver.
    Bumpis has me intrigued. In the 3 games I watched last season he made alot of plays. I'm hoping he play's well enough in camp and the pre-season to make the final 53 and the final WR spot on the team.
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Finfan0120 View Post
    I'll argue one of your points- I don't remember anyone fluffing our WR corps last year. I knew going into the season that we were screwed at that position, and so did mostly everyone else. Oh- I'll argue another point- we picked up two good receivers. Brandon Gibson is good. If you don't think so, watch some Rams games from last year while Amendola was out.
    You don't remember all of the "WCO doesn't need a #1, just spread the ball around" or all the fluffing up of Nanoo Nanoo during training camp? Must have missed the draft thread and threads during training camp where Nanoo Nanoo looked "good" (meaning he wasn't the worst of the bunch in practice).

And I did watch quite a few Rams games. Unlike many, I don't just stick to Phins games. Gibson made some really great catches on occasion...before completely disappearing for huge chunks of games. He rarely, if ever did anything with the ball after catching it. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if his YAC is lower than Hartline or Bess. I will say that at least he doesn't appear to have an aversion to the endzone like Hartline and Bess. He wouldn't have improved last years WR corps, but he wouldn't have made it worse like Nnaannee would have.

Quote Quote  

8. -68
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by LikeUntoGod View Post
    How many speedsters did we have last season? A lot of people here could not wait to get rid of C Gates. What if he was still here and a year better? Another thing we will never know.

people wanted swopes because he is the 'next Wes Welker", well, what did we ever do with him?
    Gates blew. Gates still blows. No amount of time is going to change that. I'm just glad we didn't waste as much time with him as we did with Roberto Wallace.
    Quote Quote  

9. -69
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you look at the teams that are competing in the playoffs every year, we are not too for behind. The difference is made up in QB play. Everyone can bitch and moan about our receiving core all they like, but teams like the Seahawks, Colts, Patriots, 49ers aren't dripping with talent and depth at receiver. If you think adding a "solid #3 receiver" in the 4th or 5th rounds is going to be the move that puts us over the edge and into post season success then you need to get a clue. Tannehill needs to take us to the the Superbowl, not some damn #3 receiver. So can people stop acting like the sky is falling, please? Just for one day. I know we're all GMs behind a keyboard, but lets stop acting like our team and FO are so miserably incompetent. It's been a good offseason.
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Jasper Collins is gonna surprise a lot of people in camp
    Quote Quote