Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: We are very solid at WR

1. -71
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Say Hello to Terrell Sinkfield everyone :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMRdpwdoUxI

4.19 speed, one of the newest udfa
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    For what it's worth, the Herald said that Dion Sims will play more than the #4 receiver, and the #4 receiver may play less than last year
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    STUD

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoDolphins HomerDolphinTannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    i dont recall that at all. I am the most positive poster around here and I was baggin Naanee all day every day.

But I also think last year was transitional. Something people have a hard time understanding. It was a long term plan hatched to the boss last year, got our new HC, and proceeded with a long term plan. FA should have shown you this, but you and others would rather look at negatives all day every day so thats why we are still here discussing this.
    This
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Others have touched on it. We lack a dependable jump ball guy, not merely for red zone but anywhere on the field. Those guys can bail out a drive 2 or 3 times per game.

It's one of the glaring weaknesses on the team, IMO.

I was searching for somebody in the late rounds but nobody seemed ideal. The big Arkansas kid, Cobi Hamilton, can make those plays but he also specializes in drops.

Anyway, it's great news that we'll get away from 4 or 5 wide looks. Those are garbage. Football at its worst. The elite quarterbacks can get away with that crap because the rules have been manipulated to coddle the passing game. For everybody else, all the copycat teams who don't understand situational influence, the 4 and 5 wide sets do nothing more than allow the teams with premier quarterbacks to thrive. You'll never beat them by stupidly mirroring their own game.

Same with empty sets. A team with a quarterback of Tannehill's current level needs to all but ignore empty sets, and rely on decisive play action.
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    I remember reading these exact same threads pumping up our WR corps last year, and they were dead wrong. But I'm sure adding one good receiver and losing our slot receiver without replacing him is all we need to be right this time.
    a lot of people werent happy bout the WRs last year, but we know there were only so many picks to fix the holes and something might not be fixed and miamis was rebuilding. Last year miami didn't have a no1 WR plus a speed guy, as well as hartline progressed last year so hartline is better or has progressed from last year before the season started last season. Last year miami had no no1 WR, fasano wasn't doing much, a ground game that was inconsistent and a rookie qb learning on the go and inexperienced. This season a young qb with a season under his belt, i believe a better ground gme with miller and gislee being a good 1-2 punch and a team with a no1 Wr who is very fast too and a solid no 2 Wr in hartlines and the other WRs as he mentioned. Miami doesnt have a tackle but i still feel they are going to trade for one when things settle
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    Others have touched on it. We lack a dependable jump ball guy, not merely for red zone but anywhere on the field. Those guys can bail out a drive 2 or 3 times per game.

It's one of the glaring weaknesses on the team, IMO.

I was searching for somebody in the late rounds but nobody seemed ideal. The big Arkansas kid, Cobi Hamilton, can make those plays but he also specializes in drops.

Anyway, it's great news that we'll get away from 4 or 5 wide looks. Those are garbage. Football at its worst. The elite quarterbacks can get away with that crap because the rules have been manipulated to coddle the passing game. For everybody else, all the copycat teams who don't understand situational influence, the 4 and 5 wide sets do nothing more than allow the teams with premier quarterbacks to thrive. You'll never beat them by stupidly mirroring their own game.

Same with empty sets. A team with a quarterback of Tannehill's current level needs to all but ignore empty sets, and rely on decisive play action.
    is chris chambers in the league still or is he out? cuz you said a jump ball guy and getting td in the endzone. Since this is the big thing, I say we get him and hell be out situational, close to goaline use for jumping up and grabbing passes in the endzone ha. Its too bad he never blossomed to more, he looked very promising early in his career. He was only 5'11 but he had the wingspan of a dude like 6'4 and his leaping ability was ridiculous and tip toe in bounds ability.
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Really? People were defending not picking a WR (in early round anyways) to no end, saying Hartline could be a good #1. Especially after the draft and during preseason. You even had those who thought Matthews and Cunningham would be good right from the get go.

I like Wallace and I think Matthews will continue to develop well, and I most certainly feel this WR group is better than last years, if only because of Wallace. But it takes more in a passing league. I really like our draft as a whole. The Jordan pick was brilliant. The only thing I would have liked to have seen done differently was grabbing a WR in the third, which was the last round any potential starters could be found, outside of the random extremely lucky strike teams occasionally land later in the draft.

It will be interesting to see what we do with the slot (originally typed "in the slot" ). I'm not entirely comfortable going in with the hopes that a UDFA sticks. There's still FA time too. Again, yes, this group is an improvement over last year's, but that's really not saying much because that group was ****ing horrible. I just don't understand the belief that a team can have "too many" offensive weapons. Makes no sense.
    I don't know what idiot though our core was fine last year, but lord knows there's enough idiots out there to have said that. I think we replaced Bess with Gibson and Gibson can play outside as well, we want guys who can play all WR spots and Bess didn't fit that profile. We also added Keller who is light years ahead of Fasano in the passing game, so we can't overlook that. I'd say targets wise it will be Wallace-Hartline-Keller-Gibson-Sims, which is more than adequate. i would've liked Patton in the 3rd, but can't win em all. Gibson for Bess is a wash, Wallace is a playmaker and a significant upgrade and Keller can bust the seem which Fasano couldn't do. I like Collins and Bumphis enough that one of them can offer us what Bess offered, obviously that is an unknown tho.

Lets put it in context within our division:
    Pats: Danny Amendola/Aaron Dobson/Josh Boyce/Michael Jenkins/Donald Jones
    Bills: Steve Johnson/Robert Woods/T.J. Graham/Marquise Goodwin/Da'Rick Rogers
    Jets: Santonio Holmes/Stephen Hill/Jeremy Kerley/Clyde Gates/?

Dolphins: Mike Wallace/Brian Hartline/Brandon Gibson/Rishard Mathews/Armon Binns

This isn't Dolphins bias, we have the best #1, #2, #3 (Boyce is close but also hasn't stepped on a football field) and then #4's and #5's are unknowns.
    Best core in the divison, and it's not close.

Sign: Daryn Colledge
    Draft: 1. LB Ryan Shazier 2. OL Joel Bitonio 3. WR Donte Moncrief 4. OL Brandon Thomas 5. OT Laurent Duvernay Tardif 6. RB Bo Oliver 7. TBD

LT Albert LG Smith C Pouncey RG Colledge RT Bitonio
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm just worried that if the Wallace signing doesn't go as great as planned or if he misses time (which he has in the past) that none of these others guys are real playmakers. Also the lack of a real red zone threat. I don't see how we are 'very solid' at WR
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bay Area
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dion jordon was a four star WR recruit out of Arizona. Have him line wide, and throw up a jump ball in the end-zone. Use him like Mike Vrabel. With Dion's wingspan, height and vertical leaping ability, good fight CB. Touchdown
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by fanfin View Post
    Say Hello to Terrell Sinkfield everyone :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMRdpwdoUxI

4.19 speed, one of the newest udfa
    He ran a 4.19 unofficial. He was clocked in the 4.3s, I don't see him having much of an NFL career. I'd rather bank on Bumphis or Collins.
    Quote Quote