Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: We are very solid at WR

1. -81
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aurora Il
    Thanks / No Thanks
    To some degree, picking WRS after round 2 would've been kinda dumb, as they would've just been more players we needed to develop, while almost speeding up the clock and forcing out the door some players we've already invested in and are likely to show some bloom on the rose. I think the Dolphins F.O. definitely knows what they have more than 80% of the yokels on this board (myself included).
    I'd like to see what a guy like Binns can do with a full offseason and training camp under his belt. We've some great athletes at the position now. Another thread on the board was discussing the use of Marcus Thigpen as a slot WR and I'm very excited about seeing this too. I think he's probably the single most explosive player on our whole roster right now. If he's got the smarts to grasp the WR position then he's probably capable of being in the top 5 of slot receivers in the NFL. It doesn't always work though, and the Bears KR/PR extraordinaire is the perfect example of a player failing to make that transition. But hey, the upside is humongous.
    Quote Quote  

2. -82
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't remember hearing of thigpen. He played a little last year in the slot? Was he miami's kickoff returner? Was he slated as a WR, 6th on the depth chart? If he's on fins 53 man roster, would he be slated as kickoff returner or because he showed some promise receiving, especially in the slot, hell be slotted for Wr as a slot WR or among the 5 or 6th receiver roster depth?
    Quote Quote  

3. -83
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dallas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    right now since no swope our wrs imo are WALLACE HARTLINE GIBSON BINNS MATHEWS FULLER JASPER COLLINS BUMPHIS

---------- Post added at 02:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 AM ----------

I kinda like not taking swope beceause it gives some of our young guys a chance like ArMON AN rISHAD]
    Quote Quote  

4. -84
    Winner Under Construction

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Phin View Post
    The big name last year was "Roberto Wallace"...he was going to be a stud according to everyone here...him and Moore...
    Now, that is absolute garbage and I'm calling you on it. Everyone was "hoping" Wallace had finally turned the corner because of his typical excellent camp, so our WR core might have one ray of sunshine. NO ONE suggested he'd be a stud.
    The superior man blames himself. The inferior man blames others.

- Don Shula

Quote Quote  

5. -85
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

We are very solid at WR

I'd still like to have another burner on the roster. If Wallace goes down we go back to being the slowest passing attack in the NFL. This is why even with Wallace, Pittsburg kept drafting speed.
    Quote Quote  

6. -86
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: We are very solid at WR

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    I remember reading these exact same threads pumping up our WR corps last year, and they were dead wrong. But I'm sure adding one good receiver and losing our slot receiver without replacing him is all we need to be right this time.
    Exactly. Not having an extremely reliable slot WR anymore for our young QB is going to hurt alot.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

7. -87
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: We are very solid at WR

Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    REALLY? Someone said we had a VERY SOLID WRing core last year?? WHO?? I never heard that at ALL, even from the most positive fans. Everyone left the draft pissed that we didn't get one until late.

I can't say I agree with the OP. I think VERY SOLID is a bit of an overstatement. Better than last year, yeah that I will say. Still not a strong WRing core IMO. Wallace goes down for any length of time and a case could be made that we are considerably worse than last year. The Bess cut was a head scratcher. If you want to upgrade the position, FINE, but then to just ignore that you cut (might as have been a cut) him and not replace him doesn't make sense. Even if you would have went out and got a Tyler Eifert so we had another weapon I could have understood it, but unless they are REALLY high on Mathews I don't understand the Bess move. I got the feeling from watching the body language of both Ireland and Philbin that it was something off the field. It was a subject they certainly didn't want a lot of questions asked about it.

I think if you take off the aqua colored glasses you would have to rank our WRing core, as a whole, somewhere between 17-20 in the league. If you call that "very solid", then I guess we can agree.
    There were a **** load of people pumping up the WCO as some sort of magical formation that makes having talented WR's obsolete.

Quote Quote  

8. -88
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've been saying this for weeks... Glad the bandwagon has finally come around.
    2014 Mock Draft

1. Zack Martin - OT/OG - Notre Dame
    2. Chris Borland - ILB - Wisconsin
    3. C.J. Fiedeorowicz - TE - Iowa
    4. Trai Turner - OG - LSU
    5. Brandon Thomas - OT/OG - Clemson
    6. Storm Johnson - RB - South Florida
    7. Calvin Barnett - DT - Oklahoma State

Quote Quote  

9. -89
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I want to see what the Tyms kid has over Binns. Both are 6-3 but Tyms is really fast. Could be a really good redzone target in a year or so.

As for STINKfield, just say no. Slow as Christmas in pads. If that guy was running a 4.19 then all the DBs he was playing against was running 3.50 because they were all running him down. I was interested in that Reggie Dunn kid, does anyone know if he got picked up?? We need a STs player, since we cut Bess.

The Jasper kid looks decent but to be honest the only FA WR I see having an outside chance is Bumpis. Kind of a taller Bess. Very quick with great hands, and is always open, but not very good speed.
    Quote Quote  

10. -90
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    There were a **** load of people pumping up the WCO as some sort of magical formation that makes having talented WR's obsolete.

Yeah I remember them saying that, after Philbin said he didn't want a #1, but I never heard anyone say we didn't need an upgrade.
    Quote Quote