Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: NFL.com: "Dion Jordan in the sights of Eagles coach Chip Kelly"

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Interesting NFL.com: "Dion Jordan in the sights of Eagles coach Chip Kelly"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ach-chip-kelly

"And, yes, thePhiladelphia Eagles coach had Oregon's Dion Jordan on his mind with the No. 4 overall pick in the2013 NFL Draft."

"The Miami Dolphins traded up to take Jordan one pick before the Eagles were on the board. The Dolphins gave up their No. 12 pick and their second-rounder (No. 42 overall)to the Oakland Raiders for the opportunity. Kelly hinted theEagles had to give up a third-rounder to move up one pick, Garafolo reported, but decided that was too much."

"
    Kelly and the Eagles decided Jordan wasn't worth the cost to move up when they were happy with the other option available. Oklahoma's Lane Johnson was the pick at No. 4 overall, and he's the athletic type of tackle that Kelly's offense needs."

"Kelly certainly can't be accused of nepotism even if the Eagles had selected Jordan; the defensive end has the ability to become a special pass rusher in the NFL."
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Man if Oakland could have netted a 3rd to move back 1 spot, that woulda been incredible lol.. I still love the move, and I think you'll see why in a very short time.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think we were in the best position than any other team. Vontae Davis and Marshall provided us with ammo and backup to make this happen while everyone else either had two picks in first round or no 2nd rounder to give in Cleveland and Oakland was starved for a 2nd rounder.

The stars had alligned.

i thought about this last week as the trade talk started up and then enduro's thread about getting Joeckel and then it was tweeted that we were interested in trading up for 1. Joeckel 2. Dion Jordan.

The Jordan thing through me for a loop and just took it as fodder. well, it wasnt.

it just goes to show, you need ammo to play big.

The Jets are going to look to trade buttfumble to some QB starved team this offseason to do this very thing. To make a big splash on draft day.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Honestly I think the reason Eagles didn't trade up was because they thought Jordan would be there at 4 if the Jags didn't choose them. They are regretting it now I bet.

I was upset with the trade up and pick at the time because I thought we would of given up too much but when I saw it was only a 2nd I was overjoyed! I don't expect him to be the next JT but hopefully provide 7+ sacks and hopefully a few 10+ =]
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    I think we were in the best position than any other team. Vontae Davis and Marshall provided us with ammo and backup to make this happen while everyone else either had two picks in first round or no 2nd rounder to give in Cleveland and Oakland was starved for a 2nd rounder.

The stars had alligned.

i thought about this last week as the trade talk started up and then enduro's thread about getting Joeckel and then it was tweeted that we were interested in trading up for 1. Joeckel 2. Dion Jordan.

The Jordan thing through me for a loop and just took it as fodder. well, it wasnt.

it just goes to show, you need ammo to play big.

The Jets are going to look to trade buttfumble to some QB starved team this offseason to do this very thing. To make a big splash on draft day.
    The Jets would have to send picks to trade buttfumble.
    In Philbin I trust!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jordan obviously wasnt that valuable to other teams we valued him the most because no other team offered more
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote