Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tannehill's full potential is mvp 02' gannon, if not he will be jake plummer

1. -1
    Diehard Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks

OPINION Tannehill's full potential is mvp 02' gannon, if not he will be jake plummer

So after a very productive offseason and a much improved roster i think this team is built to take that next step. But it will all rest on the shoulders of Ryan Tannehill. All this will be for nothing if Tannehill is not the truth. Ireland did his job now its time for Ryan to take that next step.

So over the weekend I wanted to do a little more studying of Tannehill and watch some film and try to compare him to other QB's and see where his sealing might be and where we can expect this team to go if he reaches that sealing. Kind of give u guys an idea of where this kid can go. Some of us are still trying to figure out what exactly we have in this kid. So after doing extensive film study and reading some expert notes and comparisons i have come to this conclusion: Tannehill will fall in this little bubble, if he reaches his full potential were looking at a 2002 late career rich gannon, a better QB than romo, a rivers/plummer hybrid, and a poor mans aaron rodgers. He fits in those comparisons.

But after watching film the 2 QB's and 2 spectrums he can reach are either a late career 02' mvp rich gannon who can rip the football with his deadly arm or kill you with his legs. Gannon was a beast late in his career and lead oakland to a superbowl. You can win alot of games with that type of QB. Watch the clip i provided and tell me you dont see Tannehill. Strong arm, accurate, mobile and can get out on the edge in bootlegs, perfect for WC offense, can scramble when pocket breaks down. Gannon 6'3, 210lb. Tannehill 6'4, 225lb. Very similar.http://youtu.be/azGHDa0rJGw

Now if Tannehill does not reach his full potential I think you will see a QB who is very similar to Jake Plummer and this is not a bad thing. I'm talking skillset wise not career results. Plummer had some pretty solid years from the early 2000's to the mid 2000's and was a very dangerous west coast QB. He could hurt you with his arm and legs. He lead a couple of those bronco teams to the playoffs. Looking back i dont think he was ever surrounded with the proper amount of talent to get him to that next level. I also remember hearing that his work ethic was bad and never really wanted to be great. U dont have to worry about that with Tannehill because he has the mental capacity and work ethic. You can tell he wants to be great. I provided a clip of plummer watch it, your watching ryan tannehill. http://youtu.be/pl6QmrTeGE0

So there u have it. That should give u an idea of where this kid could take us if he reaches his potential or if he doesnt. If he does were looking at a similar QB to the 2002 late career Rich Gannon that can kill u w his arm or feet, can win an mvp, and get your team to a superbowl. If he does not reach his sealing i think we will get a verty similar QB to Jake Plummer. A solid nfl QB who can win u games and get u to the playoffs but never truly elite.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So at worst, he's still a very good QB? C'mon. He has a lot of potential, but he still has a long way to go. He's not likely to be a bust or anything, but it's not an impossibility.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ceiling not sealing could not read past that...
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Diehard Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    @NJphin sorry my iphone does that stupid auto crap
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oronde View Post
    So at worst, he's still a very good QB? C'mon. He has a lot of potential, but he still has a long way to go. He's not likely to be a bust or anything, but it's not an impossibility.
    jake wasn't a very good QB, he was good briefly and Tannehill has potential to be good but Gannon '02 was GREAT. He was the best QB in the league that year, I don't see his ceiling being that high.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Diehard Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    @nyjunc watch gannons film he is extremely similar to tannehill. Not saying tannehill will be "great" every single season but has potential to have some "great" seasons
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    All in for Philbin.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    jake wasn't a very good QB, he was good briefly and Tannehill has potential to be good but Gannon '02 was GREAT. He was the best QB in the league that year, I don't see his ceiling being that high.
    LMFAO at anyone who cares about your QB evaluations
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Geno smith the next buttfumble...oh wait!! NOOOOOOO
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Tannehill is a more gifted athlete than gannon, but if he could play like gannon did late in his career I will be very happy
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well his ceiling is much HIGHER than say a Mark buttfumble!!!! Who still can't read defenses well enough to cut down on his INT's.
    Quote Quote