Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tannehill's full potential is mvp 02' gannon, if not he will be jake plummer

1. -11
    Dolphins4lyfe

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I see tannehills ceiling being more like flacco. It will take him a while to finally get it
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    What I got out of this is that Gannon had a TERRIBLE offensive line and Jake Plummer wasted his talent due to a lack of desire and work.

I agree that Tanny is not someone we have to worry about in regards to work ethic or desire. He is a good kid who will develop into a good leader. Until we finish putting the o-line together, I'm going to wait on predicting that Tanny won't be a great QB. He has all of the tools, but it won't matter if he gets hit constantly. He's a second year starter, and I think we need to have a little more patience and stop pressuring him to be Marino now. Don't get me wrong, I expect a better year from him and for us to make the playoffs, but I'm not gonna look at this as his determining year. Anything could happen.

Example, at the end of his second season as a starter, Mark Sanchez had led a team to back-to-back AFC Championship Games...look at how that has turned out since.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Diehard Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Plain & simple tannehill will NEVER be a pocket passer like brady, manning, marino. Your looking at a kid with a skillset similar to gannon, plummer, rodgers, romo. WC QB's who can get out on the edge and move a little.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    GO Deep!! F'N DEEP!!!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NJPHINFAN79 View Post
    Geno smith the next Sanchez...oh wait!! NOOOOOOO
    Ha ! Almost did a spittake with my coffee.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nice you tube video
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have high hopes for Geno if the jest could find good YAC receivers who can catch the ball behind the LOS

So this tells us a little bit about the personality of different teams' passing games. West Virginia's Air Raid throws 71 percent of its passes within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage, while
    Geno Smith lived up to his reputation. A full third of his passes targeted somebody behind the line of scrimmage. Nobody else could touch that number.
    So this tells us a little bit about the personality of different teams' passing games. West Virginia's Air Raid throws 71 percent of its passes within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage,
    The biggest doubt I've read about Geno Smith is in regard to his arm strength. This data kind of brings to the table both confirmation and doubt about that. Smith throws a gorgeous deep ball, and as we see here, he was pretty good at completing them. (Yes, he had help from a pair of awesome receivers.) But he was mediocre to poor on the intermediate passes (20-29 yards, basically), the ones a scout will tell you require the most zip.
    Charts, Explanations and Breakdowns

Oh, and by most accounts, Tannehill was already "good" last season, even without factoring in what he had to work with. The question is whether he:
    a)continues to be good
    b) evolves into "great"

The QB Potential Guru:

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    *ceiling
    A wise man once told me: "Sometimes when you close your eyes, you can't see."

Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinatic1399 View Post
    @nyjunc watch gannons film he is extremely similar to tannehill. Not saying tannehill will be "great" every single season but has potential to have some "great" seasons
    I don't think you realize hos good Gannon was from about '99-'02. I am not knocking Tannehill but I don't see that ceiling for him. gannon was a 2 time all pro(not pro bowl, all pro). He was as good as anyone in the NFL for a few year stretch. I see Ryan;s ceiling as a bottom of the top 10 type of guy which is a guy you can win big with but I don't see him as an elite QB.

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    I have high hopes for Geno if the jest could find good YAC receivers who can catch the ball behind the LOS

Charts, Explanations and Breakdowns

Oh, and by most accounts, Tannehill was already "good" last season, even without factoring in what he had to work with. The question is whether he:
    a)continues to be good
    b) evolves into "great"

The QB Potential Guru:
    who was talking about geno Smith? this is about tannehill. Your Jets obsession is sad.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I don't think you realize hos good Gannon was from about '99-'02. I am not knocking Tannehill but I don't see that ceiling for him. gannon was a 2 time all pro(not pro bowl, all pro). He was as good as anyone in the NFL for a few year stretch. I see Ryan;s ceiling as a bottom of the top 10 type of guy which is a guy you can win big with but I don't see him as an elite QB.

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

who was talking about geno Smith? this is about tannehill. Your Jets obsession is sad.
    Why must you consistently attempt to poop on our mashed potatoes? He was a rookie...a rookie...the ceiling is wherever he can take us.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    stopped reading at sealing
    Quote Quote