Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tannehill's full potential is mvp 02' gannon, if not he will be jake plummer

1. -21
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    To the OP I have to say the video of Gannon was spot on. His body motions and movements, his running style, everything looked just like Ryan. The difference is that Gannon had an AMAZING OL to throw behind. He had a lot of room to step up and his throwing motion was never bothered. Maybe one day we will have that for Tannehill.

Now for the differences, Gannon was MUCH more accurate than Ryan is now, but Ryan has a much faster release. Gannon had much better weapons but this year we will get to see what Ryan can do with a few more than he had last year. I will agree Gannon is the type of ceiling that we should be hoping for, and patient that we are 2-5 year away from him having a chance to get to that point.

As for the Jake comparrison, I don't see it AT ALL. Jake was bi-polar or something. He would be playing great and suddenly start throwing straigtht to DBs for no reason. He didn't remind me of Ryan at all in any of that clip. Ryan is VERY careful with the ball and rarely throws into traffic. Well under half of Ryan's picks last year were picks he threw to the other team. His picks were balls batted up at the LOS or WRs bouncing the ball up that hit them in the hands. Once our WRs got used to how Ryan was throwing the ball we went the last 5 games with just maybe one or two picks.

I have to say the comparison to Gannon is pretty spot on. Of course he is much better than RT is now, but he sure looks just like him on the field. Nice job. Lets just hope he turns out that way.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I don't think you realize hos good Gannon was from about '99-'02. I am not knocking Tannehill but I don't see that ceiling for him. gannon was a 2 time all pro(not pro bowl, all pro). He was as good as anyone in the NFL for a few year stretch. I see Ryan;s ceiling as a bottom of the top 10 type of guy which is a guy you can win big with but I don't see him as an elite QB.

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

who was talking about geno Smith? this is about tannehill. Your Jets obsession is sad.
    Just making a poiint that one would be better served relying on Stevie Wonder for a QB eval than from you

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."
    Margaret Mead

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Am I on speaker phone?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte
    Thanks / No Thanks
    jake wasn't a very good QB, he was good briefly and Tannehill has potential to be good but Gannon '02 was GREAT. He was the best QB in the league that year, I don't see his ceiling being that high.
    Uh huh... Because we know how accurate your are with your QB evaluations. How's Sanchize working out by the way, still riding that pony?
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Just making a poiint that one would be better served relying on Stevie Wonder for a QB eval than from you

That is not being very nice to junc. Don't ya think he has enough to deal with about now. Being a jet fan right now can not be an easy cross to bare. Lucky for him he has a QB that has lead his team to back to back AFC Championship games. So if they just keep buttfumble under center everything will be ok.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    get back to me about QB evaluations after this season, then we'll know if we're wasting our time.

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't think you realize hos good Gannon was from about '99-'02. I am not knocking Tannehill but I don't see that ceiling for him. gannon was a 2 time all pro(not pro bowl, all pro). He was as good as anyone in the NFL for a few year stretch. I see Ryan;s ceiling as a bottom of the top 10 type of guy which is a guy you can win big with but I don't see him as an elite QB.
    I cannot express to you how good that makes me feel. Knowing you think Ryan's ceiling is bottom of top 10, and knowing your QB evaluations abilities, I can sleep well knowing Ryan will be the best QB in the history of the game. You really need to come around more often, your record speaks for itself...
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post

I guess we'll take your advice where Chad henne is an NFL God at the QB position and tony Sparano this generations Vince Lombardi.

Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    I cannot express to you how good that makes me feel. Knowing you think Ryan's ceiling is bottom of top 10, and knowing your QB evaluations abilities, I can sleep well knowing Ryan will be the best QB in the history of the game. You really need to come around more often, your record speaks for itself...
    where have I been wrong on my QB evaluations? you act like I say so and so is going to be great and then they suck, Mark was a good QB until the talented eroded around him and I still NEVER said he would ever be a great QB but I understand the reading comprehension levels of most so it is what I expect.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Brave Rifles

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Perfect. A Jet that knows a thing about a QB. That's a first. I can't wait to see Geno Smith play.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SC.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinatic1399 View Post
    So after a very productive offseason and a much improved roster i think this team is built to take that next step. But it will all rest on the shoulders of Ryan Tannehill. All this will be for nothing if Tannehill is not the truth. Ireland did his job now its time for Ryan to take that next step.

So over the weekend I wanted to do a little more studying of Tannehill and watch some film and try to compare him to other QB's and see where his sealing might be and where we can expect this team to go if he reaches that sealing. Kind of give u guys an idea of where this kid can go. Some of us are still trying to figure out what exactly we have in this kid. So after doing extensive film study and reading some expert notes and comparisons i have come to this conclusion: Tannehill will fall in this little bubble, if he reaches his full potential were looking at a 2002 late career rich gannon, a better QB than romo, a rivers/plummer hybrid, and a poor mans aaron rodgers. He fits in those comparisons.

But after watching film the 2 QB's and 2 spectrums he can reach are either a late career 02' mvp rich gannon who can rip the football with his deadly arm or kill you with his legs. Gannon was a beast late in his career and lead oakland to a superbowl. You can win alot of games with that type of QB. Watch the clip i provided and tell me you dont see Tannehill. Strong arm, accurate, mobile and can get out on the edge in bootlegs, perfect for WC offense, can scramble when pocket breaks down. Gannon 6'3, 210lb. Tannehill 6'4, 225lb. Very similar.http://youtu.be/azGHDa0rJGw

Now if Tannehill does not reach his full potential I think you will see a QB who is very similar to Jake Plummer and this is not a bad thing. I'm talking skillset wise not career results. Plummer had some pretty solid years from the early 2000's to the mid 2000's and was a very dangerous west coast QB. He could hurt you with his arm and legs. He lead a couple of those bronco teams to the playoffs. Looking back i dont think he was ever surrounded with the proper amount of talent to get him to that next level. I also remember hearing that his work ethic was bad and never really wanted to be great. U dont have to worry about that with Tannehill because he has the mental capacity and work ethic. You can tell he wants to be great. I provided a clip of plummer watch it, your watching ryan tannehill. http://youtu.be/pl6QmrTeGE0

So there u have it. That should give u an idea of where this kid could take us if he reaches his potential or if he doesnt. If he does were looking at a similar QB to the 2002 late career Rich Gannon that can kill u w his arm or feet, can win an mvp, and get your team to a superbowl. If he does not reach his sealing i think we will get a verty similar QB to Jake Plummer. A solid nfl QB who can win u games and get u to the playoffs but never truly elite.
    "Ceiling". Not "sealing"

If you're going to be a sports writer, you need to learn to spell or get spell check. Its free.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I guess we'll take your advice where Chad henne is an NFL God at the QB position and tony Sparano this generations Vince Lombardi.

where have I been wrong on my QB evaluations? you act like I say so and so is going to be great and then they suck, Mark was a good QB until the talented eroded around him and I still NEVER said he would ever be a great QB but I understand the reading comprehension levels of most so it is what I expect.
    Can't believe I am doing this but I will. What do you consider great? You have said, (proof in this very thread), that the only QB the jets would take over Mark "facebutt" buttfumble, was Brady, Brees, Ben, Rodgers and Peyton. Which puts the mighty facebutt in the top 6 QBs in the league. I am going to assume you still feel that way?? I would call top 10 "good", which would make top 6 pretty close to "great", right?? So where was Tebow in your rankings? Was he top 10?? Probably was until he left the building, and now he is horrible. Much like Geno was probably horrible before Friday and now he is the next savior for you delusional people.

Look I don't want to argue. We have more in common than either of us want to admit. We BOTH hope buttfumble gets enough weapons around him, so he can play his best and prove he should be the starter for the next decade. We want this for different reasons, but we both want it.
    Quote Quote