Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Tannehill's full potential is mvp 02' gannon, if not he will be jake plummer

1. -61
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by tay0365 View Post
    Are you really serious? A few years ago, you thought buttfumble who had/has a career 70 rating was ELITE, yet you can not see Tannehill ever being Elite.....even though his 1st year was better then any buttfumble had, and with less receiving talent then buttfumble had at his disposal.
    please find me a post where I ever called Mark buttfumble elite. Good luck w/ that.
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Interesting comparison but I disagree that Ireland's job is complete, we still need a veteran presence like a Boldin or Jennings and/or a dynamic slot receiver like TY Hilton or Victor Cruz. We need a dependable TE too.
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    jake wasn't a very good QB, he was good briefly and Tannehill has potential to be good but Gannon '02 was GREAT. He was the best QB in the league that year, I don't see his ceiling being that high.
    And what do you see about the ceiling of Geno Smith? You might believe he can be even better than your hero Mark buttfumble? Cause if he is better than buttfumble we are doomed!!!!!
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by DANTODUPER View Post
    And what do you see about the ceiling of Geno Smith? You might believe he can be even better than your hero Mark buttfumble? Cause if he is better than buttfumble we are doomed!!!!!
    I don't know what geno's ceiling is, I really didn't watch him closely enough to give an educated answer. All I cans ay is I am hopeful that IF he is our guy that he can play and win in this league. We'll see.
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Hokies class of 2016

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ford LogoDolphins HomerTannehill 17Snakes!Xbox Logo
    what happened to the vaark/junc showdown?
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Just trust me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Centreville Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Vark > Junc
    Every QB > buttfumble
    Every Team > Jets
    Every Poster > Junc

Junc you are the most bias, homeristic, delusional fan I have ever seen. You are always wrong. Always annoying. Always trolling....and unfortunately you just wont go away. You are a cancer.
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by mega-fin-love View Post
    Vark > Junc
    Every QB > buttfumble
    Every Team > Jets
    Every Poster > Junc

Junc you are the most bias, homeristic, delusional fan I have ever seen. You are always wrong. Always annoying. Always trolling....and unfortunately you just wont go away. You are a cancer.
    Thanks for your support.
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I in no way agree with this OP. Nor do I see the need to compare him to other QB's other than the Wins and stats he produces. Every quarterback is different and unique.

I certainly would not limit Ryan Tannehill to the level Rich Gannon reached (which is not hall of fame material), nor would I guaranatee him a greater career either.

It all remains to be seen, he may end up being an all-time great and muliple Superbowl winning quarterback, or he may end up being an average QB....thats why they play the games.
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote  

9. -69
    Atila - the freshmaker.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Rich Gannon consistently played at mvp '02 level he would most definitely have been in the HOF.

www.DiamondandDesign.com
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanISS View Post
    On your Sig, heard yesterday that Rivers has the same amount of turnovers over the last 2 seasons as buttfumble. Not saying buttfumble is better but Rivers has been just about as bad and as bad as his supporting cast was it was at least as good, if not better, then what buttfumble was throwing to. Not sticking up for buttfumble, I would never want him to be my QB, but I wouldn't want Rivers either. Rivers always sort of got a pass on here because many posters liked him when he came out but over the last 2 seasons he's been just as big a TO machine as the QB most Dolphins fans think is the worst or all time.

Maybe I take Rivers over buttfumble but I wouldn't use him as some example who's obviously much better. Turnovers lose games and both buttfumble and Rivers have been equally as good at committing turnovers lately.

Rivers has 47 turnovers in the last 2 years.
    Mark has 52 turnovers during the same amount of time.

Both have been pretty bad at turning the ball over the last 2 years. The difference is in the amount of TDs each QB throws. Rivers threw 53 TDs in those 2 years which gives him 6 more TDs than Ints. buttfumble has thrown for 39 TDs the last 2 years which gives him 13 less TDs than he has thrown Ints.

Rivers has also had plenty of seasons with much better numbers. His best TD to Int ratio is a plus 23. Mark's best TD to Int ratio is a plus 8.

There is no maybe about it for me. I'd take Rivers over buttfumble any day.
    Quote Quote