Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: MERGED: Mike Wallace tweets about homosexuals

1. -41
    First Dolphin TE w/1000 yard season!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Augie-Doggie
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    I guess we shouldn't have any problems with racist comments either, because that's, like, their opinion man.

Twitter: Exposing and promoting stupidity since 2006.
    Gonzo, haven't agreed with all of your observations regarding the 2013 Dolphin's draft... but on this you have my 100% support and agreement on... the racist parallel is completely valid. What the tweet shows is a lack of understanding and compassion.

I'm not gay, but I have plenty of friends and business partners who are... and I know what trouble they go through... for me to tweet something like that would be to make it ALL ABOUT ME... look at me, what a stud I am, all the women in the world out there for me to bed... and this takes the focus away from the act of courage that is one man coming out and saying, "this is who I am... how I am", i.e. being real.

THAT is where the attention should be... agree with being gay or not... that man's courage to be real is what should be applauded.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by truedolfan57 View Post
    agree 100%. I see nothing wrong with this tweet. He's not bashing gays. just saying he doesn't understand. and I agree with him too.
    Yeah, his tweet itself doesn't bother me. But his tweet can and will be seen as bashing, so why you don't think it is, it most likely will be by the media and others. Which is why I said, yeah I know things are way too PC and shouldn't be but they are and him being a top athlete and known figure, he needs to not broadcast everything, because it isnt neccessary considering the hassle that can come from it.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Fixation of the Darkness.......

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Fla
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Feel the same way as Wallace. I'll never understand choosing a dudes a** over a hot chick. lol. It just shows terrible judgement in that individual.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas, NV
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox Logo
Gift received at 07-03-2014, 03:24 PM from CallMeDaddyChevy Logo
Gift received at 06-24-2014, 08:43 PM from D0lphan72
Gift received at 01-14-2014, 08:29 PM from CalDolFan10x14
Message: Checking to see if this really works.2013 Dolphins Logo
    maybe I am ignorant, but how does one not choose to be gay? are you really born, liking one sex or the other? can you be born to like only 1 race? for instance, I only like white woman. it's my choice. I wasn't born that way, just don't like anything but white meat. lol It just doesn't make any sense to me. If a gay person doesn't like the opposite sex, it's because they choose not to like them. Not because it's genetically in their dna...
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by JTech194 View Post
    That's his opinion, and he should be able to give it. If a homosexual said "all these beautiful guys in the world and men want to mess with women... " I wouldn't see a problem with that either, we all have opinions, not sure why we have to live in a society where people can't share them. it's sad.
    This. 100% this.

Ice up, Leodis.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There are a lot of gay people in south Florida so great... now the stands will really be empty on Sundays. lol, J/K but seriously... Did he really say anything that bad? Like many people here already said it's his opinion and he is entitled to it. I don't have any problem with gay people, but I don't have a problem with peoples opinion about the subject either.
    My Offseason plan.... Get as many good football players as possible, The End.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JTech194 View Post
    That's his opinion, and he should be able to give it. If a homosexual said "all these beautiful guys in the world and men want to mess with women... " I wouldn't see a problem with that either, we all have opinions, not sure why we have to live in a society where people can't share them. it's sad.
    Agree with your post. I do not criticize people for their preference (and neither was Wallace), he was just stating his opinion. BUT, he should have known it would create a bunch of controversy.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Some of the posts here don't surprise me in the slightest
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace should really keep his mouth shut. You're representing a billion dollar franchise. Freedom of speech is great and all, but that doesn't mean you should be actively racist and homophobic. Very poor choice of words there.

Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lol, dumb to even comment publicly about it if its a negative light. Keep those comments not on twitter or facebook, dont say it to the media, say it to your friends or something. At least its not as bad as half those comments that will come out and the ones that did from the 49ers.

(On Miami sports teams being popular)

-“That’s not competition,” LeBron said. “That’s like you rooting for your family members. That’s not competition at all. It would be great to have him, but we’ll see.”

Quote Quote