Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: MERGED: Mike Wallace tweets about homosexuals

1. -21
    Dolfan for Life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Gables, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's entitield to his opinion. **** being politically correct.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan Dave View Post
    Can't imagine Coach Philbin is going to be too happy.
    jeez, I'm glad we got wallace, but I hope he doesn't become a diva WR. Our team doesn't need that. Seriously pro athletes do not need twitter, because so many write too much and get themselves in trouble or stuff that they need not to say. Watch, later in the year, some guy on the dolphins 53 man roster comes out of the closet and now controversy. These athletes need to be quiet and be away from their twittter.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's pretty ignorant. There is no "wanna" or "want to" about it. Some people are just wired that way.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Am I on speaker phone?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan Dave View Post
    Can't imagine Coach Philbin is going to be too happy.
    Ahh jeez...

I wanted to like Mike Wallace only to find out he's a homophobe?
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yessir View Post
    He's entitield to his opinion. **** being politically correct.
    he is, but its unnecessary. He didn;t need to say that, because it will be in issue in the nfl. Look at the unwanted attention came from the niners player. If wallace feels thast way, its fine, I definitely understand his sentiment, but thats something that he can just keep to himself and not need to broadcast, because its just going to bring unnecessary attention from the media and nfl, as well as from our coaching stafff.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I knew Mike Wallace would be someone that would get in trouble with his social media.....he has the right to his opinion though. Many people feel the same exact way he does, but he is a pro athlete. Something in his brain should have gone off which stopped him from expressing his opinion, knowing everyone is going to see it. If you have a controversial opinion, keep it to yourself, you won't gain any fans by stating your views on homosexuality. No one goes up in arms when someone goes against homosexuality. I just hope he gets his head right, Philbin will kick him out before the season even starts if he screws up again.

He pretty much just sealed his rep as being homophobic. Its not going to do him any favors, and he is going to get negative media attention for it.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    this is pretty awful... he needs to be sat down and if possible make a "live and let live" sincere apology.

Thanks for leaving behind a legacy of inconsistent performance, setting the Gold standard for
    mediocre coaching & piss-poor GM decision-making before stealing away like a thief in the nite!

Quote Quote  

8. -28
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Eh, he didn't bash anyone just questioned it, he is entitled to his opinion. Wasn't wise to tweet it on his behalf because it gets people talking and nothing good comes from it, but not a big deal. Football players say far worse things on Twitter than what Wallace just tweeted. Stevie Johnson of the Bills in early April asked for New England to be bombed and then we all know it happened in real life. Where is the outcry over what Stevie said? Those that want to make this into a big story will. It isn't. Moving on.

Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    The problem isnt that he has an opinion, its that he demonstrated ignorance in a manner which could easily offend others.

Those of you comparing this to steakhouses are ignorant as well. People CHOOSE what kind of food they like to eat. By comparing someones sexuality to types of food youre suggesting that being gay or straight is a choice. That is just ignorant.

Its the same ignorance that Wallace has foolishly displayed. If a FH member states something like that in the pofo, fine. People have a right to their opinions. Many people lack knowledge and believe its a choice to be gay. Thats fine. Its just when youre a celebrity, you have to watch that stuff. In a perfect world, others wouldnt be so sensative to such ignorance. I feel like people should be tolerant of athletes being morons.

Nevertheless, it just wasnt a smart thing for Wallace to say. He would be wise to apologize, shut down his tweeter, never use it again and move on. If he wants to rant about certain topics like that he can always anonymously join FH, use a regular name like Fin-Atic88 or something like that, and talk about whatever sensative issues he wishes in the pofo to get his fix.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    I like boobs.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I just hope he gets his head right, Philbin will kick him out before the season even starts if he screws up again.
    OMG

Quote Quote