Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 57585960616263 LastLast

Thread: MERGED: Mike Wallace tweets about homosexuals

1. -611
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GasPed View Post
    And infidelity would be...?
    Between you and your significant other.

Semantics aside, you can call it "sin" or "wrongdoing" or whatever - the point is we all have a set of values that define what's right and wrong. Some people seem to think that if you derive these values from the Bible you're a simple bigoted idiot, while if you make them up yourself, you're an enlightened intellectual. I happen to think that is more a function of ego-driven hubris than true enlightenment, but hey, I'm just a simple bigoted idiot...
    What's enlightened is realizing that your moral viewpoints do not derive from the Bible. People look for the things in the Bible they want to find and ignore whatever is inconvenient. By definition, those choices cannot derive from the morality of the Bible since they contradict the Bible. So where do they come from?

The answer to that is the answer to where the morality of non-believers comes from.

#freespesh
    Quote Quote  

2. -612
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

MERGED: Mike Wallace tweets about homosexuals

What never ceases to amaze me is that Jesus came to us as a dirt poor carpenter from some jerkwater Galilean village in the back of beyond, and He still had the moral authority to go to the big city and face down a crowd that wanted to stone some woman to death for a sexual transcression of religious law. I have a pretty good idea from that account of what Jesus would say about gay bashing based on a reading of the Bible if He were here today.
    Quote Quote  

3. -613
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    Original topic, is I support anyone who disagree's with your agenda. Period.

Ah the absurd follows.

But this is what the left does. It seeps in your opinions when talking football and it is who you are. I see it when I go down to the local union hall, where my brother works. I see it at the local dives/bars that the KST prof. got to eat. I see it on TV, in the news papers and in today's pop music.

African americans' know civil rights, yet a majority of california's African americans' disagree with you. Goto a state like Georgia and the number who disagree with you is even higher. All politics are local. California being a VERY liberal state, was still unable to guilt and shame enough voters into their way of thinking. Your battle isn't with me, its with your own base.
    Why in the **** do you keep going on about african americans? You think they are incapable of being discriminatory or something?
    Quote Quote  

4. -614
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Indeed I do. It means people can hold whatever moral viewpoint they want (as the bible contains pretty much every variation on morality possible) and then pass off responsibility for having that viewpoint to a book. Which they seem to forget they choose to believe in.

Yeah, and they're called "laws." Not "sin."
    I'm sorry you can't see how sins and laws are essentially the same thing.

I'm no Bible thumper myself, but I would never try and demean anyone that holds the Bible up to such HIGH standards. It would just come off as hypocritical to me.
    Quote Quote  

5. -615
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cdz12250 View Post
    What never ceases to amaze me is that Jesus came to us as a dirt poor carpenter from some jerkwater Galilean village in the back of beyond, and He still had the moral authority to go to the big city and face down a crowd that wanted to stone some woman to death for a sexual transcression of religious law. I have a pretty good idea from that account of what Jesus would say about gay bashing based on a reading of the Bible if He were here today.
    He totally should have respected the mobs belief that they should beat the woman to death. Shame on him.

Terrorist attack count against the Anything Goes Thread: 2
    Quote Quote  

6. -616

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    He totally should have respected the mobs belief that they should beat the woman to death. Shame on him.
    Are you serious?
    Quote Quote  

7. -617
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    I'm sorry you can't see how sins and laws are essentially the same thing.
    Not as sorry as I am that you've apparently never read the first amendment to the Constitution.
    Quote Quote  

8. -618
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    The lack of common sense in this post makes my head hurt. This probably should get moved to a political forum, but if being straight or gay is not a choice what is it? Sex in GENERAL is a choice. You do understand there are people in all walks of life that chose not to have sex in their entire life. That is THEIR CHOICE!!! There are those who decide (OR CHOOSE) to remain sexually abstinent until they are married. That is their CHOICE !!

Now if you are saying some individuals desire, or are "turned on", or only sexually attracted to members of their own sex, that's fine, and I can and will agree with that statement. But you have to be really careful with such thoughts, because the same can be said about pedophiles, or serial killers. They are born with a desire/craving to attack and kill or take advantage of children. The difference is homosexuals are not taking advantage of others, and I get that. But would you also agree that it is fair to say that serial killers don't have a choice??

Now before you get carried away and say I am comparing the two, that is not what I said. What I said is it is a choice. No one is forcing homosexuals to have sex with ANYONE, male or female. Just like no one is forcing heteralsexual to have sex with anyone, or just like no one is forcing a serial killer to kill.

But all of this, as fun as it is to discuss, is not the point. The point is that the political agendas of certain groups have taken away our freedoms to the point that we can't make simple observation without the world coming to an end. If he would have came out and said "all gays should be put in prison", or "homosexual behavior should be illegal", then sure I see your point. But that isn't what he said, all he said was he didn't understand it. That is HIS opinion, and HIS CHOICE!!! And all these bigots out here saying we have to agree with them, or take up their belief system have their choice to say what they want. Heaven knows they do. They have no more right to be offended by Wallace saying he doesn't understand them, than I have a right to be offended by them saying we should accept them. Both are OPINIONS!!!!
    Ah, the old slippery slope defense: "Be careful, if you let gays be gay you're gonna have to let pedos be pedos"... I mean, seriously?
    Quote Quote  

9. -619

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thewalrus View Post
    not as sorry as i am that you've apparently never read the first amendment to the constitution.
    ok...
    Quote Quote  

10. -620
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    I am sure atheists resent being called heathens and hell-bound sinners by Christians for their beliefs. I mean, does it get any more offensive than being told that you will be tortured for all eternity for disagreeing with someone's beliefs?

It happens on both sides of the coin. It is very difficult for one side to truly comprehend the stance of the other side when it comes to matters of faith. Since a debate on these matters can never really come to an amicable resolution, it inevitably ends in name-calling.

For me personally, it's live and let live as long as your actions aren't negatively impacting the life of another. Unfortunately, many times religious belief leads some people to restrict lives of others based on their own ideologies. I think that's the main gripe non-religious people have with religious folk. That is definitely the main problem when it comes to gay rights.

Faith, like many things, including science, is a double edged sword. In the right minds, it can be used for immense good (feeding the homeless, uplifting the lost and destitute), but in the wrong minds, it can be used for tremendous ill (limiting the rights of others, corrupting the pursuit of knowledge, and in extreme cases the murder of non-believers or sinners).

I pray that we are able to stamp out the negative side of the coin, while accentuating the positive.
    Hey I certainly have not been holding up Christians to you as some guiding light in this debate. I would agree with you all day long about what has been done wrong in the name of religion including the Christians for countless years. God warned the Jews he did not give them Isreal because they were better or had earned it but because the Cananites and other tribes who inhabited that land had become very corrupt. Of course the Jews forgot that eventually and Jesus was sent to remind mankind to practice much of what you are saying. By they way for those of you saying that I have been comparing being gay to having sex with animals that is not true. They are to separate acts I just brought it up because first historically cultures in the past have evolved to accept the practice and second the same discussions we are having about being gay could be the very same discussions that someone might defend other sexual practices. Christians who believe the Bible is a holy scripture inspired by God have no choice but to say no to the gay issue just like every other sin mentioned in the Bible. Christians are sinners like everyone else and as you have written we have been instructed we must love our God above all gods and love our neighbors as we love ourselves. So it is really pretty simple gays are to accepted by Christian but Christians cannot condone the acts of being gay. This is not judgement on the part of Christians that others want to lay blame because they do not accept that act it is just following a higher authority than themselves. Yes and all that athority does is dictate forgiveness not persecution.
    Quote Quote